Indian Special Forces

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 did you use any night vision device while performing night jumps? If yes which one and if no, then how do u navigate to the landing point.

And one more question in today's time where countries have good air defence and drones, how effective will para dropping be in combat. Cause if I am not wrong there last para drop by IA in combat was in 71 Tangail.
No NVDs in night jumps. Navigation was by using wrist compass and DISHA app. Freefall jumps will still be effective. Nothing happens in isolation in a war, no matter how good is the Air Defence. There will still be patches of voids in the air and ground.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
So far it was believed only SG used the ACOG in army, but few veterans including Avinash sir if I’m not wrong have said that even PARA SF possesses a few pieces.
Recently a few were seen with 6 Para airborne, but they seem to be SG.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Unfortunately looking at the soldier in general all look the same these days and difficult to differentiate. But odds are you may be right most likely.
If he would have wore the Viper P2 helmet, it would have been easier to identify. But this is an old ACOG, shows it is SG as they have been using ACOGs for years.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
No NVDs in night jumps. Navigation was by using wrist compass and DISHA app. Freefall jumps will still be effective. Nothing happens in isolation in a war, no matter how good is the Air Defence. There will still be patches of voids in the air and ground.
Isn't it a possibility that such an app can be hacked?? Or there is sufficient cybersecurity with respect to it

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, if I’m not wrong a good number of the M4s of Para Sf were purchased from the US through FMS deals beginning from a decade and a half or even before, how much more life do the guns have in them? How long can these guns be used until maintenance costs ends up being unsustainable ?
I’m saying this as Para SF regularly practice firearms drills and all more than other infantry units, hence wear and tear would be greater.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles