Indian Special Forces

airborneCommando

Country flag
View attachment 253334
GARUD operative with TACDE patch:D

Had first uploaded this pic in 2022 but many insta handle stole it and posted it with their own WM:(
Abuse garuds for all you want but these guys are more uniform than a regular inf battalion on a parade day be it in terms of BDU/Combat Uniforms, weapon roles and PPE. To add to it, they have quality BDUs at disposal in multiple camouflage patterns.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
That age old SG pic @Jedi Operator(ik ur offline enjoy ur rest ) posted had way better stance and that was decades old pic shows you everything you want to know about our current tactics
Imagine foreign serious operators coming to India and seeing this shit-show! How is one supposed to take us seriously?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
10 Para SF communications equipment — RF-7800H-MP with TRI KDU, RA3185 Modular Cobra Headset, RA3710/0431 PTT, L3Harris RF-7850S, L3Harris RF-7800M, Toughbook CF-33, tripod for Elbit PLDR-III Serpent and CORAL, portable battery, and more.View attachment 253353
10 is doing great in terms of mordernasation getting good gear and upgrading, need to upgrade their tactics next they are still stuck with old generation stacks

airborneCommando

Country flag
Imagine foreign serious operators coming to India and seeing this shit-show! How is one supposed to take us seriously?
Majority of our weapons handling and cqb drills are plain ass. Foreign operatives on PR Exercises are chill and love our tactical level implementation of SOPs during simulations, jungle tactics, and most importantly endurance.
However there are off screen interactions of certain units which is dead end serious. Most of these are with Aussie SAS, Jap SBU(idk about SFG), GSG9 (not KSK), 1st SFG's CRF, UK SBS (and SFSG) some south american and south african units.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
10 is doing great in terms of mordernasation getting good gear and upgrading, need to upgrade their tactics next they are still stuck with old generation stacks
I have one question hope I don’t offend anyone if paras nsg have old tactics then how come we are so sure that SG is better because AFAIK mostly paras join SG and if they get another training how do we know it’s not the same old soviet bs and any newer tactics?

rkhanna

Country flag
That age old SG pic @Jedi Operator(ik ur offline enjoy ur rest ) posted had way better stance and that was decades old pic shows you everything you want to know about our current tactics
Honestly, on this thread there is too much bloat. We end up posting pictures everytime some from a certain unit scratches his balls on Instgram.

Can we please stop posting random images / reels that serve no real value add to the discussion

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Honestly, on this thread there is too much bloat. We end up posting pictures everytime some from a certain unit scratches his balls on Instgram.

Can we please stop posting random images / reels that serve no real value add to the discussion
Are you referring to the nsg vid I posted?

Arad Operator

Country flag
I have one question hope I don’t offend anyone if paras nsg have old tactics then how come we are so sure that SG is better because AFAIK mostly paras join SG and if they get another training how do we know it’s not the same old soviet bs and any newer tactics?
Brother NSG is much better than SG in what they do, SGs mandate is not even the same as NSGs. PARA SF and MARCOs are good in what they do which is a whole separate discussion!

airborneCommando

Country flag
Every unit is getting this stuff, about time we'll get to see this. I faced a lot of flak when I said the same for marcos long back but look at them now. Paras are fairing good in PPE(you'll see in an year), Comms eqpt, CFF Tactics and Kits, somewhat in mobility, Diver stuff.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

I am 50-50 about it at one hand ur right on another hand their is nothing happening for us and the thread ends up dead

airborneCommando

Country flag
Check their public photos, pistol firing stance, cqb stacks and weapon handling from late 2000s early 2010s and contrast them with clumsy ones modern day airborne turned SF units are doing. NSG is fairly good. it's the new inductees that have bad drills since that's what they've brought from their training at CAPFs, Police and Army units.

cyclops

Country flag

I mean.........the cringe kinda keeps us humble, pissy and directed to what needs changing.

In moderation of course

airborneCommando

Country flag
I am 50-50 about it at one hand ur right on another hand their is nothing happening for us and the thread ends up dead
That's what it's actually supposed to be, we are stuck in a vicious cycle of some new member bringing up old pic, a member defending it, another member discussing his family life, some blackpilled guys, some guys with hope, someone discussing CI/CT tactics, someone posting YT vids of a firang civie teaching home defense tactics and claiming it to be the solution of it all. This in my opinion dilutes the actual meaningful discussions.

Articles