Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Didnt understand your question. She is a Unit Doc. She doesnt do probation or even ahve to do selection. She is not a combat member of the Regt - Like Cooks/Armourers/SIGINT/ELINT/ etc etc. Support function.

Back in the day it was just simple tradition that even the non combat members ran selection voluntarily as a show of solidarity with the Operators. IMO this is just that.
Major Surendra Pooniya to was a doc but had bagged many medals in international competitions events also sported balidan badge.Thats why asked .
Btw western armies especially USA have combat medic concept

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
That's mad cheap . I went to Amazon for one, priced around $60 . It ampilfies sounds upto 82dB and reduces other harmful sounds . Well why can't our SOF order those. Albeit in the primary base headband variant but still better than Motorola Ones
i reckon its due to their lack of information , maybe the new generation of para sf will know gucci gear due to the influence of pubg and such but who knows

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
i reckon its due to their lack of information , maybe the new generation of para sf will know gucci gear due to the influence of pubg and such but who knows
Forget Paras , You can equip the whole Indian infantry with surplus Howard Leights within a span of a few years . If per piece is around 9k , you can equip forward infantry divisions with an approx of 1 Lakh troops with $900Mil which is just a minor amount to the huge defense budget of $72 Billion.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Last time I played Pubg , I don't remember them having comtacs. I remember back in the 2020 lockdown fighting Pubg kids when they suddenly rose with M416 and 5.56 vs 7.62Recoil conversations . They need some Warzone Treatment , lmao

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Name a country with worse equipped SF than India, you’ll have to search quite hard
When most SF guys don’t have any clue about things they want, despite involved in a million multilateral combat exercises how do you expect army top brass to allocate money for the SF? Not justifying the army topbrass who prioritises non combat things over combat aspects in army .What I don’t understand is that, how the army generals who too were part of the combatant units, ignore the call for modernisation? In case of police forces the shots are called by IPS who never does any firld work except in movies, so it is understandable that they don’t give a shot about the welfare of subordinates.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles