Indian Special Forces

Nightshade1992

Country flag
Believe it or not it's pretty common among industrialists. We at gearsmith will be supplying tactical trousers and shirts to operators who protect a certain big shot who happens to own a multi billion dollar company in India and overseas. He has his own private army consisting of folks from israeli SF, Indian SF and GCP of French Foreign Legion (of Indian origin). You wont believe the armament they possess lol. Not just for close protection but also to protect assets and factories situated in Africa and middle east.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Believe it or not it's pretty common among industrialists. We at gearsmith will be supplying tactical trousers and shirts to operators who protect a certain big shot who happens to own a multi billion dollar company in India and overseas. He has his own private army consisting of folks from israeli SF, Indian SF and GCP of French Foreign Legion (of Indian origin). You wont believe the armament they possess lol. Not just for close protection but also to protect assets and factories situated in Africa and middle east.
Any new updates/procurement you are aware of that Indian sf are doing/have done recently?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
My brother there are thousands of operators in para sf now , custom kit is not possible to my believe, difference in leg size is not that drastic but even a slightly bad adjustment will be uncomfortable and they wont be able to adjust the knee pad like they would an external chapri knee pad,that will be enough for an operator to say "ma chu*** main nhi pahanta, " there will be guys who wont care much, but there will also be lot of guys who would opt out of ever using integrated knee pads. For wider implementation you will have to look towards everyone.
When have you ever seen them wearing knee pads in actual combat anyways? Atleast with integrated ones they will look good during public stunts.

abingdonboy

Country flag
what the fuck this image was from FRINJEX 23(France - India)

View attachment 196214

View attachment 196215
Like I say every time- reality always wins.

the fanboys posting pictures of 1 platoon(?) with bespoke equipment ordered for 1 ex with the Japanese by 1 unit and suddenly Indian army is a modern force.

>95% of Indian soldiers are equipped like WW1 era cannon fodder, as much as a joke FINSAS is the IA seems to think after inducting the SIG-716 their modernisation is complete

cut the manpower by 40% at least to see any noticeable changes within 10 years but the pension headache they’ve given themselves will weigh the entire MoD down for at least the next 30 years. Even if you doubled the CAPEX budget of the IA it wouldn’t change much.

Everyone is open about PSUs being inefficient and money pits but the armed forces are never looked at with the same lens. And I’ll reiterate, in 2023 the IA still has the unbelievably archaic practice of batmen. These colonial gentlemen aren’t interested in fighting

SKC

Country flag

the fanboys posting pictures of 1 platoon(?) with bespoke equipment ordered for 1 ex with the Japanese by 1 unit and suddenly Indian army is a modern force.

>95% of Indian soldiers are equipped like WW1 era cannon fodder, as much as a joke FINSAS is the IA seems to think after inducting the SIG-716 their modernisation is complete

cut the manpower by 40% at least to see any noticeable changes within 10 years but the pension headache they’ve given themselves will weigh the entire MoD down for at least the next 30 years. Even if you doubled the CAPEX budget of the IA it wouldn’t change much.

Everyone is open about PSUs being inefficient and money pits but the armed forces are never looked at with the same lens. And I’ll reiterate, in 2023 the IA still has the unbelievably archaic practice of batmen. These colonial gentlemen aren’t interested in fighting
We need to seriously work on MILBUS to offset the budget being spent on Salaries and Pensions.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
We’ve seen that clip before. The amount of fragging in this one clip is insane. I just listened to mark bisonnet on some podcast and fragging is an immediate expulsion during green team (DEVGRU selection). Weapon handling skills of Indian units is generally pretty atrocious by international standards but this was even worse than usual
Not to be a grammar nazi, just pointing out its flagging not fragging. Frag is usually short for fragmentation, the term is used in explosives and all.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

40% cut would bring the army at around 7 lakh, who is going to hold territory in war? After Russia Ukraine war, no sane mind in IA would be advising to bring down the active personnel numbers by so much.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

The whole shenanigans about "cutting manpower" are fine till you realise you need more than a well kitted infantry to fight wars - What do you intend to plug the gaps with? 200k troops with average gear are much more effective than 120k troops with good gear.
Mordernisation rightfully should go first towards artillery, drones, armoured vehicles. These cause the most casualties. Infantry is supposed to be used only to occupy and defend land, they will do fine as long as decently equipped.

Special forces need to be modernised, true. No excuse for the lack of it, mostly since IA prefers to use them as "super infantry" instead of an actual strategic asset.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The whole shenanigans about "cutting manpower" are fine till you realise you need more than a well kitted infantry to fight wars - What do you intend to plug the gaps with? 200k troops with average gear are much more effective than 120k troops with good gear.
Mordernisation rightfully should go first towards artillery, drones, armoured vehicles. These cause the most casualties. Infantry is supposed to be used only to occupy and defend land, they will do fine as long as decently equipped.

Special forces need to be modernised, true. No excuse for the lack of it, mostly since IA prefers to use them as "super infantry" instead of an actual strategic asset.
so a US rifleman with proper optics, proper training, good command and control, situational aww needs etc is 1:1 as an Indian grunt with iron sights and a couple of spare mags?

see first, shoot first, kill first.

What you’re proposing is the kind of boots on the ground tactics of WW1. Mechanisation has changed everything, the Ukraine war isn’t applicable in a total war between india and China with the kind of tech and mech advantage PLA has over the IA

Waanar

Country flag

I will double down on what @SwordOfDarkness says. Indian Military will take PoK within 5 years and be pulled into another COIN marathon afterwards. Manpower can not, will not and should not be cut.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
No, he's correct:
I think he meant the accidental pointing of a firearm on a friendly troop, not a deliberate murder of fellow soldier.... Would be very alarming if our troops started trying to murder each other during exercises, that would be front page news 😁 .

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
so a US rifleman with proper optics, proper training, good command and control, situational aww needs etc is 1:1 as an Indian grunt with iron sights and a couple of spare mags?

see first, shoot first, kill first.

What you’re proposing is the kind of boots on the ground tactics of WW1. Mechanisation has changed everything, the Ukraine war isn’t applicable in a total war between india and China with the kind of tech and mech advantage PLA has over the IA
Did I say that? Nope. All I said was, troops are needed in numbers, both to hold land and to replace inevitable losses.
If I had to put a number to it, 1.25:1 for the average American to the average Indian.'

Nope, mechanisation is even less applicable here. Mech infantry/armoured regiments in the mountains? Motorised infantry + light infantry and artillery will decide the vast majority of battles here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles