Indian Special Forces

SGOperative

Country flag
uffff, I'll leave it to someone else to explain you after this. Where did I only talk about FID? By the way for S SF FID is the key goal, but India aint the US. Presence in foreign countries is not only FID, you keep ranting that we do COIN here cause terrorists come here, it's about their leadership, that's in Pakistan and in Myanmar, dont think these tactical cross border raids do much to have a strategic impact. These terrorist crossing borders are not the top leaders, why would they come and risk it. We have to cut the heads of snakes to stop infiltration. That's the difference between tactical & strategic. Kill these many dudes in daily encounters and keep doin that. That's tactical....short term victory after that they come again.
Verses, strategic victory is when you stop them completely, stop their finances, stop their radio networks, stop the chain of ringleaders. That can only be done low profile. In India we have this mindset that such ops are meant for RAW, even Vikram Sood mentioned that RAW is mearly an intel gathering unit. Read that book I mentioned before about CIT-X & CIT-J called 'Operation Trojan' , such ops should've been done by SF and SG has it's own role.
You want SF to be hitman? Dude what BS you talking about? It is the job of RAW. Some Khalistani guy was killed in Europe some time back, is that job of SF too?

The Cutting the heads snake which are you referring was during the GWOT by Coalition forces in two countries where they had total control, it isnt possible to do the same in Pakistan.

"In India We have mindset that such ops are meant for RAW"

Cause those are the ops for RAW

Closing the conversation here for forever

Last edited:

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Closing the conversation here for forever
Then shut-up and listen...
I dont know how would a hitman or agent have training in breaching walls, CQB and if that so why send someone like SEALs to hunt UBL, why send Delta after Bagdadi, you have zero understanding of SF.

"However, as a matter of strategic and tactical policy it is in the realm of
possibility and permissible by the standards set up by the ‘Free World’ countries
like the USA and Israel to launch covert and overt strikes against the training
camps of the ‘mujaheedins’ through a combination of tradecraft and commando
application. Such lightening missions can be undertaken by ‘designated and
guided agents’, trained suicide squads, deep penetration commando units,
like our para-commando units and well-researched and calibrated aerial strikes.
At IB and RAW we perform intel missions to support the same at home and abroad
respectively. "

- Maloy Krishna Dhar, former IB counter intelligence and counter terrorist expert in his book "Open Secrets".

Their is another book I am finding called "Full Spectrum: India's Wars, 1972-2020 " by Air Vice Marshal Arjun Subramaniam, let me know if any of you have a pdf. That book also covers some special operations related stuff what we have done and could do.

SGOperative

Country flag
Then shut-up and listen...
Fk off lol

the reason i end convos are i dont wanna drain my braincells on arguments which wont reach a conclusion

also you cant pull of a OBL in pakistan cause Porkis Generals dont come to India after retirement neither they are on our payroll and Indo-Pak Border aint a Pak-Afghan Border. The only option you are left are payroll hitmans or Field Agents something like what Mossad did after Munich

Scramjet

Country flag
What does this 1st Archers do?Seems that it is created comparatively recently in respect to other vikas units.Also what’s the demographic composition of Archers ?Is it exclusively Gurkhas and NE people?
Nothing much sahab, 1 archers are mandated same as other SFF bns. 4 vikas stays an exception (totally diff. C&C and org)

Scramjet

Country flag
SFF,Archers/Para Grkhas or Vanilla Paras .,which one is best in terms of alround performance and kit?
Cannot compare them directly, para bns have wider mandate. Also, in terms of kit, SFF is using old kit by and large. Para bns are diverse in terms of kit.
In terms of individual perfomance and combat proefficiency, para leads the way

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Fk off lol

the reason i end convos are i dont wanna drain my braincells on arguments which wont reach a conclusion

also you cant pull of a OBL in pakistan cause Porkis Generals dont come to India after retirement neither they are on our payroll and Indo-Pak Border aint a Pak-Afghan Border. The only option you are left are payroll hitmans or Field Agents something like what Mossad did after Munich
That also had their naval commando unit Sheyetat 13 at the lead Operation Spring of Youth. The most remembered act in Operation Wrath of God.
And what about a hostage situation involving Indians like in Afghanistan, the hijacked IC 814, then what?

SGOperative

Country flag
That also had their naval commando unit Sheyetat 13 at the lead Operation Spring of Youth. The most remembered act in Operation Wrath of God.
And what about a hostage situation involving Indians like in Afghanistan, the hijacked IC 814, then what?
That op was carried in specific circumstances and was the only viable option, if a situation arises where that is the only option for us, nothing should be stopping us from doing it but that should never be the first option,
putting alot on the line, especially with the modern tech. A low profile hit squad or hiring local killers is an effective method of getting the result. At the end of the Day what we want is them dead and if we cant get that result with relatively less risk and collateral damage why should a raid be the preference, and that too in areas where the op could turn suicidal anytime.

SG and NSG were on standby but they were never given the go ahead because of mounting pressure on the GOI

Jedi Operator

Country flag
That op was carried in specific circumstances and was the only viable option, if a situation arises where that is the only option for us, nothing should be stopping us from doing it but that should never be the first option,
putting alot on the line, especially with the modern tech. A low profile hit squad or hiring local killers is an effective method of getting the result. At the end of the Day what we want is them dead and if we cant get that result with relatively less risk and collateral damage why should a raid be the preference, and that too in areas where the op could turn suicidal anytime.

SG and NSG were on standby but they were never given the go ahead because of mounting pressure on the GOI
One of the modern-day military’s most vexing institutional shortcomings: Risk aversion. Now before you say, that I compare western units with Indian ones, listen me out, I am just trying to show how it happens:
Screenshot (5965).png

I am just saying see how these countries do it, their is no doubt that SF are meant to be operating outside their country.

SGOperative

Country flag
One of the modern-day military’s most vexing institutional shortcomings: Risk aversion. Now before you say, that I compare western units with Indian ones, listen me out, I am just trying to show how it happens:
View attachment 178670

I am just saying see how these countries do it, their is no doubt that SF are meant to be operating outside their country.
I am not suggesting, that we should avoid the ops rather take a path which is less riskier, if a situation arises where taking that path is the only option then will have to take the path. For ex IC814 we should have gone with the op tho the risk was high but was worth it, the trade of terrorist not just became a headache but also reason for many civilian casualties.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles