Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Yet some here would have us believe their capabilities are on par with the rest

This kit was outdated by infantry standards 10 years ago
In south asia they might be superior compared to adversaries bcoz of superior training and motivation.

They are motivated and led very well..They are known to get into firefights not worrrying about outcome thatswhy their saying..Who cares..who wins.

But against a better trained military and superior technology they will fail.But neither China has that nor Pak.

China will not do well against us in a long Kargil like war...Pakis have a inferior infantry.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Which is the root cause of all our troubles. Our top brass (Army) are making shock infantry units out of our Paras.

Theres a whole host of issues with how they are being used and i am too tired and bothered to rant here. What our Paras are is essentially Rangers/Marine Raiders for the most part (with the exception of some dedicated units, 9, 10 and 21 come to mind).
True tier one operators seem to be limited to NSG (that doesnt get used for CI/CT) and SG and MARCOS.

Garuds - who and what XD
India has no such thing as tier 1/2/3

This is a uniquely American thing that emerged after JSOC was created. India doesn’t even have a SOCOM, it can’t start having something like tier 1/2/3 in the interim

abingdonboy

Country flag
In south asia they might be superior compared to adversaries bcoz of superior training and motivation.

They are motivated and led very well..They are known to get into firefights not worrrying about outcome thatswhy their saying..Who cares..who wins.

But against a better trained military and superior technology they will fail.But neither China has that nor Pak.

China will not do well against us in a long Kargil like war...Pakis have a inferior infantry.
In the land of the blind dwarves the one eyed midget is king

May some point I just want the ‘world’s best’ nonsense to stop. It makes everyone look stupid

Waanar

Country flag
You forgot to ask the most important member of DFI.
I am merciful so I shall give my input regardless.
What @Spadex has said is straight to the point truth.
This collapse of rifle over the shoulder allows passage through narrow doorway without losing orientation to target and without blocking sight.

A video of this stance in action-

Watch from 01:00 onwards and you'll understand.
This also allows you to push the rifle out (in a stabbing-esque motion) should someone suddenly appear in front of you when you cross the threshold of the door.
On the other hand, you may get into a tugging match with the enemy if you try to bring it up or down from a proper low or high ready respectively.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Areh Bhai. You get my meaning. Why do you split hairs over technical shenanigans
Because details matter. You will get fanboys repeating as fact that India’s tier 1//2 is xyz and that too on international forums. There’s no point in letting half truths get repeated

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
You forgot to ask the most important member of DFI.
I am merciful so I shall give my input regardless.
What @Spadex has said is straight to the point truth.
This collapse of rifle over the shoulder allows passage through narrow doorway without losing orientation to target and without blocking sight.

A video of this stance in action-

Watch from 01:00 onwards and you'll understand.
This also allows you to push the rifle out (in a stabbing-esque motion) should someone suddenly appear in front of you when you cross the threshold of the door.
On the other hand, you may get into a tugging match with the enemy if you try to bring it up or down from a proper low or high ready respectively.
Sorry lord waanar I tried tagging you but DFI dint let me

abingdonboy

Country flag
We are not world best in SF.

We just have well led and motivated men who do the job in the region.
I think some GB said it during an old old Ex- the Paras are HARD men.

They are tough b@starts that’ll get the job done or die trying.

They aren’t technically proficient world class operators but they do what they have to do. That’s not an insult, just a fact.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

They aren’t technically proficient world class operators but they do what they have to do. That’s not an insult, just a fact.
Wanna hear on this more can you link this reference please

abingdonboy

Country flag
Notice how the assault kit looks almost identical, this is what indian army gives them. For the Top Leadership these are infantry dudes with a tavor that can go on for 100km without a drop of water.

View attachment 168539

View attachment 168540

View attachment 168541

View attachment 168542
Before I get accused of being too optimistic

I just came across this on Twitter, can anyone point to me what progress has been made across the board in >10 years)? and individual/company level purchases don’t count

this is the situation anyone that has been paying attention to this over the years has a problem with. Not the individual men.

it’s hard to comprehend how little progress has been made when in the same time the entire world has changed. 10 years ago we were still in the UPA era, Obama was president and OBL had only just been killed.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Yes it is a fact..fact is also that Para SF men are too raw to be called an SF operator even for education standards.

Scramjet

Country flag

Scramjet

Country flag
Yes it is a fact..fact is also that Para SF men are too raw to be called an SF operator even for education standards.
Yup, the standard of equipment and facilites they get and the amount of jugaad they need to get through to get things done gave birth to alot of schools of thought within different batallions.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

And for us we expect them to die trying, we have no value for their lives. A western operator is a precious asset they invest in.

Fire and groove

Country flag
@Shanunoy. @abingdonboy. @Inderjeet Singh @ALBY @Immanuel @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR.
Can any of thee gyanis , make me understand the diffemrce between 5.56 nato and 5.56 insas round
I have heard that 5.56 insas is more lethal
The M193 attrocity used by the army isn't more lethal by any degree, if anything the bullet being 55 grain compared to the M855's 62 grain makes it less impactful, combine that with it's need for longer barrel due to it's reliance on tumbling makes it lethally inconsistent with carbines and SBRs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles