Indian Special Forces

Paddy Mayne

Country flag
also, his father was/is a very highly respected veteran of 9 and that he was an exceptional shooter; other sf veterans still talk of him with such reverence.
Actually his parents got divorced when he was still in school. So perhaps, in order to support her mother (he said his mother was financially dependent upon him) he had to take responsibility early in life.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Actually his parents got divorced when he was still in school. So perhaps, in order to support her mother (he said his mother was financially dependent upon him) he had to take responsibility early in life.
Kab ka quote kar rahe ho bhai
Kuch context toh do
Aur ek bat pls introduce yourself in the forum

Paddy Mayne

Country flag
Kab ka quote kar rahe ho bhai
Kuch context toh do
Aur ek bat pls introduce yourself in the forum
Ok
I am Amulya Mishra
Now I was searching about Col Mathew Jacob to know more about him when I came across this post. Here people are discussing and wondering about what Major Vivek Jacob meant when he said he wanted to financially support his family when his father was a Colonel at the time of the retirement.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Ok
I am Amulya Mishra
Now I was searching about Col Mathew Jacob to know more about him when I came across this post. Here people are discussing and wondering about what Major Vivek Jacob meant when he said he wanted to financially support his family when his father was a Colonel at the time of the retirement.
I am sorry I forgot to mention that your introduction should be posted in new members thread
Anyway your interests or hobbies

jai jaganath

Country flag
Can you also please guide me through basics of the forum. I joined because this place seems to be really helpful for knowledge.
You can post your intro I mean hobbies interests if u want ur education and ambition here then u will receive a warm welcome by our @Haldilal nibba

shouryav105

Country flag
" I will fail in my duty if I do not mention Mathew Jacob. He was commissioned into 9 in 1968 and well-known being Academy Blazer in both Boxing and PANGA Taking. In 1979 end he was back from staff posting and left again by 1981. He was a super shot with pistol and any other weapon. Had he concentrated on his pistol shooting as he did on THE BOTTLE, India would have won her first Olympic Shooting Medal at Munich itself. While posted at Agra in mid-seventies, one night several young Officers accosted him to show his Pistol expertise and that too after a good bar session. So Jakes asked the most vocal one to stand against the wall ……that officer was also too drunk to back out. Jakes fired 12 rounds around his head (youngster survived to retire as a Lt General) and then handed over the pistol with one round left in it. Jakes said β€œyou trusted me with 12 shots, now I shall trust you with one. β€œ

Jakes stood at the wall, shot was fired and hit the wall just grazing his neck!!! In mid-eighties, a hastily assembled local Army team made to participate in a Shooting Competition organized by the Home Ministry for the Central Police Organizations …..BSF, CRPF, ITBP etc. Army team came third or something and the PM cum RM made some comment. Thereafter on the express orders of General Sunderji, within days the ARMY MARKSMAN UNIT came up at Mhow under Mathew Jacob. So finally Jakes did contribute something towards the 2004 Silver Medal won by Col Rajyavardhan singh Rathore. Many years later Jakes younger son joined 9. Jakes is no more. Mrs Jacob was there at Udhampur on 01 Jul 2016 for the Unit Golden Jubilee."

Paddy Mayne

Country flag
" I will fail in my duty if I do not mention Mathew Jacob. He was commissioned into 9 in 1968 and well-known being Academy Blazer in both Boxing and PANGA Taking. In 1979 end he was back from staff posting and left again by 1981. He was a super shot with pistol and any other weapon. Had he concentrated on his pistol shooting as he did on THE BOTTLE, India would have won her first Olympic Shooting Medal at Munich itself. While posted at Agra in mid-seventies, one night several young Officers accosted him to show his Pistol expertise and that too after a good bar session. So Jakes asked the most vocal one to stand against the wall ……that officer was also too drunk to back out. Jakes fired 12 rounds around his head (youngster survived to retire as a Lt General) and then handed over the pistol with one round left in it. Jakes said β€œyou trusted me with 12 shots, now I shall trust you with one. β€œ

Jakes stood at the wall, shot was fired and hit the wall just grazing his neck!!! In mid-eighties, a hastily assembled local Army team made to participate in a Shooting Competition organized by the Home Ministry for the Central Police Organizations …..BSF, CRPF, ITBP etc. Army team came third or something and the PM cum RM made some comment. Thereafter on the express orders of General Sunderji, within days the ARMY MARKSMAN UNIT came up at Mhow under Mathew Jacob. So finally Jakes did contribute something towards the 2004 Silver Medal won by Col Rajyavardhan singh Rathore. Many years later Jakes younger son joined 9. Jakes is no more. Mrs Jacob was there at Udhampur on 01 Jul 2016 for the Unit Golden Jubilee."
Wow!!!
Thanks mate! It was this kind of stuff I was looking for. Can I get more?
Also, I am planning to buy Nine the Special Forces by Col. Awadhesh Kumar. If anyone here has read it, can you please tell if there's information about Col Mathew Jacob in the book?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles