Indian Special Forces

EternalNxg

Country flag
Because Indian SFs go into this level of planning? Seriously amusing that some have to go to this level of nitpicking to try and tear down the achievements of others who have the goods to back it up.

The SOAR pilots are easily the best helo pilots in the world, interviews form others I’ve seen have said that the immediate actions of the pilots stopped them from tipping over and he actually parked it on the wall. That no one died from that is a testament to their skills not an insult.

Let india create a SOAR before you start tearing down these guys and a small flight of ALH do not constitute a SOAR
Watch em say
"Vut Vut Vai we have army aviation" 🤡🤡🤡🤡

EternalNxg

Country flag
I have to get this off my chest rn
BUT I FEAR FOR PARA SF, I FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES. No doubt their vigour and experience and all the training is top notch but all that can only get you so far in these modern times. EQUIPMENT MATTERS! Things aren't as they were 10 - 15 years ago.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Never fails to blow my mind that these officers would rather reject modern solutions that aren’t 100% compatible with their arbitrary and fictional space war requirements but will look the other way when their frontline guys run around in 1920s era equipment. World class tender requirements , World war 1 era equipment

Mentally stunted individuals. When war comes and the IA inevitably suffers a humiliating defeat anyone that’s worn a 3 star in the last 30 years should hang

View attachment 165445

Getting fat and lazy off Indian taxpayer’s dime, entrusted with strengthening national security. Most seem to be counting down the clock to cash in their cushy retirements or planning their post retirement positions. Never have I heard an Indian general address the pathetic state of their men, this is leadership? They’ll happily point fingers at the civilians but it’s not the civilians that handle day to day procurement matters. Only when it gets to DAC do the civilians really get a say plus under this govt discretionary funds have grown enormously so commanders’ buying powers are huge today. There was always the risk that this was just going to lead to more shadiness and money going MIA
Interesting!

While i dont forsee a defeat of Indian Army because there would be no major war in the near future but the concerns are somewhat related.

The price to win the war will be deaths.Human wave tactics would be used like it was used in Kargil.

And that is why i am concerned.

Small wars and all dont make a big impact on history and the narrative of which can be changed by media and blind patriotism like for example Balakot and post by both Ind and Pak.

The standards of Army have gone down and there is no question about it.

The calibre of current officers are way below the knees of Sam Manekshaw.

Kumaoni

Shit on Para SF all you want, they are the reason we still have Poonch and captured Mendhar

JConline

Country flag
Shit on Para SF all you want, they are the reason we still have Poonch and captured Mendhar
No doubt about that. But technology has progressed by leaps and bounds on the battlefield. There is no excuse for sub-standard equipment because that'll just allow the enemy to gain a tactical advantage and result in blunders, examples of which we have already seen. Moreover, we have similar forces inside the Indian Armed Forces itself that are equipping themselves to maintain the tactical edge in combat so citing past achievements is really no excuse to slack on equipment that has been time and again to be absolutely necessary in the modern face of combat.

Kumaoni

No doubt about that. But technology has progressed by leaps and bounds on the battlefield. There is no excuse for sub-standard equipment because that'll just allow the enemy to gain a tactical advantage and result in blunders, examples of which we have already seen. Moreover, we have similar forces inside the Indian Armed Forces itself that are equipping themselves to maintain the tactical edge in combat so citing past achievements is really no excuse to slack on equipment that has been time and again to be absolutely necessary in the modern face of combat.
I’m no equipment expert. My interest is of military history. But what exactly does PARA SF lack? And how has their performance reflected in this lack img?

Kumaoni

if i called myself a history student i wont make that statement
Yes, the first regular infantry unit to be inducted into Poonch in the 1948 war was a Paratrooper unit. They fought the entire siege of thousands of tribesmen and Poonchie irregulars, and even repulsed an offensive led by a decorated Pakistani brigadier

Now, I am aware that it wasn’t “para SF” back then, but that battakion that was is currently a part of PARA SF (3 Para)

EternalNxg

Country flag
No one is doubting their capabilities and experience......(except a few). Also how is this termed as "shitting on PARA SF"? Constructive criticism toh Gaya gaand marane? Haina?
What if they come across an enemy who isn't a terrorist? An enemy that is far more heavily equipped than them? Sure u could say that experience plays a part in it but experience can only get you so far when the enemy has the necessary technology to outplay you in all aspects. At this point each and every fanboi here is high on copium, just refusing to believe that there something severely wrong.....

JConline

Country flag
I’m no equipment expert. My interest is of military history. But what exactly does PARA SF lack? And how has their performance reflected in this lack img?
And also, sorry to point this out cause I can imagine sounding arrogant while saying this but your interest in military history and anachronous achievements do not change the present reality.

Kumaoni

And also, sorry to point this out cause I can imagine sounding arrogant while saying this but your interest in military history and anachronous achievements do not change the present reality.
Hence; I am asking you, what do they lack in equipment.

Kumaoni

No one is doubting their capabilities and experience......(except a few). Also how is this termed as "shitting on PARA SF"? Constructive criticism toh Gaya gaand marane? Haina?
What if they come across an enemy who isn't a terrorist? An enemy that is far more heavily equipped than them? Sure u could say that experience plays a part in it but experience can only get you so far when the enemy has the necessary technology to outplay you in all aspects. At this point each and every fanboi here is high on copium, just refusing to believe that there something severely wrong.....
So how do you determine how well they will do against an actual trained soldier?

JConline

Country flag
Hence; I am asking you, what do they lack in equipment.
Modern comms equipment, modern night fighting equipment, basic (let alone modern) plate carriers, battle belts, proper air support, real-time surveillance (only recently introduced in the form of drones). There's more but the ones I mentioned are pretty much indispensable if you call yourself an SF (they aren't SOF) unit.

EternalNxg

Country flag
Modern comms equipment, modern night fighting equipment, basic (let alone modern) plate carriers, battle belts, proper air support, real-time surveillance (only recently introduced in the form of drones). There's more but the ones I mentioned are pretty much indispensable if you call yourself an SF (they aren't SOF) unit.
Dont forget a designated OP specific QRF.

Kumaoni

Modern night fighting equipment? When were the surgical strikes done then?

Articles