Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul19

Country flag
So, I've been a lurker on this thread for a few months now, and all I learnt is that our SF lacks in training, equipment and infrastructure. They are not used as strategic assets, management is poor, plagued by bureaucracy. Most western infantry is better than our SF.
All this is very depressing to say the least. Is there any hope for the future?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
So, I've been a lurker on this thread for a few months now, and all I learnt is that our SF lacks in training, equipment and infrastructure. They are not used as strategic assets, management is poor, plagued by bureaucracy. Most western infantry is better than our SF.
If you want an honest answer..

NO!

BTW, i was wondering how much do 2 brand new 777 cost equipped with latest hi tech gadgets painted in white paint.

Wink Wink!

armyofhind

Country flag
Welcome to the Club

MuzzleVelocity

You are depressed because this is an echo chamber and the same thing (while being justified) gets repeated over and over.
The Positives of the Indian Special Forces are treated as regular stuff (which it should be let's be honest).

MuzzleVelocity

All those obsessing with plate carriers
These light weight plate carriers are perfect for our troops. They look absolutely atrocious on American troops who on average have bigger torsos. I understand that vital organs are still protected, but the amount of area not covered can be extremely dangerous if stuck. We are talking permanent disability here.

Killbot

Country flag
These light weight plate carriers are perfect for our troops. They look absolutely atrocious on American troops who on average have bigger torsos. I understand that vital organs are still protected, but the amount of area not covered can be extremely dangerous if stuck. We are talking permanent disability here.
They are supposed to be wearing it 3-4 inches higher.. Or it'll be very uncomfortable to move around in. But a good change. Be good if they got MOLLE compatible side plate pouches.

armyofhind

Country flag
You are depressed because this is an echo chamber and the same thing (while being justified) gets repeated over and over.
The Positives of the Indian Special Forces are treated as regular stuff (which it should be let's be honest).
Oh come on, let's be honest here, it's not like a lot of discussion is encouraged on this thread in particular.

The discourse on this thread has been hijacked by a few members of a certain viewpoint, who unfortunately have just the negative points to talk about, and go on repeating it over and over.

As I have noticed, anybody coming up with an alternative view is hounded and disparaged, labelled a fanboy, their credibility put into question, and what not. Doesn't really bode well if that particular member wants to contribute something positive in the future.

It wasn't this way even just a few years back around 2016-18.. but unfortunately that's the state of this thread for now.

MuzzleVelocity

Oh come on, let's be honest here, it's not like a lot of discussion is encouraged on this thread in particular.

The discourse on this thread has been hijacked by a few members of a certain viewpoint, who unfortunately have just the negative points to talk about, and go on repeating it over and over.

As I have noticed, anybody coming up with an alternative view is hounded and disparaged, labelled a fanboy, their credibility put into question, and what not. Doesn't really bode well if that particular member wants to contribute something positive in the future.

It wasn't this way even just a few years back around 2016-18.. but unfortunately that's the state of this thread for now.
Yes. That's what I said, it's become a bit of an echo chamber. That's why I had asked sometime back to focus more on actual Ops. Because equipment is always an emotive issue for many (including me) especially those who have a lot exposure to foreign Special Forces. It also points to a larger rot in the system.

EternalNxg

Country flag
They don't lack in training, they lack equipment wise that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles