Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yeah this is self-m@stabatrory BS

No kit gets issued to US SOFs without rigorous development and testing. Much of it is bespoke and designed specifically for US SOFs to be used around the world in every theatre imaginable.

US SOCOM has an entire office run by a 2 star general devoted to future equipment for SOCOM everything from their footwear to bullet casings, they work with the operators that have been there and done that and the leading OEMs (both American and foreign)

search for ‘Kevin Owens’ on YouTube, he is an ex green beret and previously the senior most NCO in the SOCOM force modernisation office

You’re telling me that Indian SFs that get most of their kit off the shelf (much of it is 4-5 generations behind what their western counterparts have) somehow have more suitable equipment? Seriously shame on these handles for spreading this nonsense that only feeds into the superman persona of these units and sets up expectations that they could never match

abingdonboy

Country flag
What if such military trained handlers are needed? For instance, training separatists within pakistan or something. I don't refute the fact that they are a sword arm, but there should be separate units for each purpose. Like I said, they are being overused. I know that they do their share of Black raids and stuff. Kidnapping of ISI Col. Zahir Habib, for one.
One needs to understand that these capabilities flow from POLITICAL decision makers.

SG do what they are intended to do and they do it well

if you want them to do more then that will only happen if the civilian leadership demands it

Why did NSG get such a serious modernisation after 26/11? Why do SPG get the most budget per man of the entire security apparatus? In India nothing happens without the personal intervention of some neta

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
When us forces surrounded the taliban elite it was PAF who airlifted them to pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles