Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It's for a photo op, but still.
Notice following points:
*None of them is wearing a fucking school bag.
*None are wearing ill fitting clothes.
*They're using single tube NVG, but it is pretty contemporary. Not from the '90s.
*They're all wearing the same fucking uniform.

Do yall know what's common about the above points? Absent in all our army's special forces units.
If it had been photo-op then you would have seen all soldiers equipped with high cut helmets. This might be new induction but Im surprised to see UCP pattern camo in use with them, I mean even USA has stopped using it, they should be using MULTICAM camoflage!

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
It is easier to equip a few hundred soldiers than a 10,000 sized special forces but afaik and I‘ve interacted with some of the SOFs, they have gucci gear but they don’t generally use it as they are comfortable likewise and unhe purane equipments aur tactics ki aadat padi hui hai.

No, G36 had many problems, the porkistanis might laugh at us for INSAS but history bears testimony to the fact that despite huge efforts and being very great weapons, some small issue ruined some great firearms like INSAS, G36, M16s etc.
Its not that simple, since a CAPF infantrymen are better armed and got better gear than military due to easily procurement processes under MHA!!

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Its not that simple, since a CAPF infantrymen are better armed and got better gear than military due to easily procurement processes under MHA!!
They buy made in India and import directly some weapons and it saves enough costs, CAPFs bought more than 4 Lakh Bulgarian AK-47 assault rifles which if MoD would have bought for Army would have asked for local manufacturing increasing costs and delaying things but because one doesn’t care much about our CAPFs the Rifles were imported directly from Bulgaria which in-fact advantaged our CAPFs, No quality issues! No cost overruns! No delays!

Now our CAPFs will get better Ghatak assault rifles, JVPC carbines and similar Indian Small arms coz Our government still considers CAPFs unworthy of gucci equipment and hence our governments thinking that Indian small arms are substandard, lets give them to CAPFs coz we don’t care about them and today these CAPF guys are better equipped than rest of military!

CAPFs have always been backbone of Indian made weapons need and we have to thank our CAPFs to support our Indian Firearms!

In fact Indian weapons are equally on par with all foreign weapons even if OFB produces them, the problem with INSAS was its design flaw and the barrel metallurgy and quality of materials used.

Like our CAPFs may use weapons rejected by Army but we should remember that doesn’t make our weapons substandard for CAPFs to use it coz Army has a craze for imported maal, JVPC is such a great gun that it is available in Call of Duty!!!

These guns will become the standard of our CAPFs in future including the current ones!

ARDE 6.8MM AR
1604127936001.jpeg

JVPC (In use with CAPFs)
1604127962142.jpeg

OFB Carbine
1604127979690.jpeg

OFB Battle Rifle
1604128097611.png

Bulgarian Kalashnikovs (In use with CAPFs)
1604128126452.jpeg

OFB Ghatak( In use with CAPFs)
1604128215269.jpeg

OFB 7.62 NATO Sniper (In use with CAPFs)
1604128310005.jpeg

I don’t know why people make fun of this sniper just because it looks like a toy and has a wooden coloured chassis, guys it has an effective range of 800m and considering its barrel length, this range is fully justified. And many snipers around the world look similar to this, just because its made by OFB doesn’t mean its poor substandard and an airgun toy, fits perfectly for CAPFs.

Killbot

Country flag
If it had been photo-op then you would have seen all soldiers equipped with high cut helmets. This might be new induction but Im surprised to see UCP pattern camo in use with them, I mean even USA has stopped using it, they should be using MULTICAM camoflage!
They aren't meant to 'camouflage'. Just for looks. And army would have them hollow if they used any other camo.

12arya

Country flag
These guys r nuts! And the last part abt the Gurkhas:eek1:

The Parachute Basic Course : To Earn The Qualification Wing You Better “ Paon Milao, Upar Dekho, Niche Jao “

By Kurus -April 18, 2020

By Colonel Awadhesh Kumar, Special Forces

This story is dedicated to my dear friend Late Colonel Parsanna Bala Gole who had motivated me for the Para Course at IMA. While commanding his 9 JAT, he laid down his life , on the last of his Unit’s tenure on the LOC It is also dedicated to a score of my Course mates including Late Colonel R S Chauhan of 15 GUARDS and also to our instructors led by Deputy Leader Dawa . With them I had done my Parachute Basic Course at Sarsawa in December 1977 .

One way to do the Parachute Basic Course is what they have shown in some of the Hollywood World War Two movies ie you are made to put on the chute and at the door of the aircraft someone may tell you what to pull and when to pull, then out you go !!!

Well some thing like this was done by Captain Bose of 60 Parachute Field Ambulance, who just with one day of crash course on the ground went ahead to jump some where in the Arakans , Burma during WWII in 1942. As Capt Rangaraj (first Indian Paratrooper) and few other qualified paratrooper doctors were away on other duties , Capt Bose a newly arrived doctor volunteered for the task . He was sent to provide immediate medical help to a huge column of retreating civilians which included a large number of women and children . He did a wonderful job but alas himself died doing his duties and never returned . Today we do not even have his first name .

During the 1971 war , 2/ Lt LJS Gill of 2 PARA would not leave his Commanding Officer in peace , till he was permitted to jump at Tangail , near Dacca , with the rest of the unit . He refused to be part of the Land Tail that would eventually link up with the unit . The problem was that though he had completed the ground training part of the Basic Course , he was yet to do the first Jump . So his first Jump itself became a Combat Jump. However , Para Training School , IAF was not so an easy “ foe “ as General Niazi boys and therefore , Lt Gill had no option but to re do the course all over again , after the war .

During Tangail drop 784 paratroopers had jumped out but only 783 landed on the ground over next few minutes . To his utter surprise Naik Mahadeo Gurav , who was in the lead plane and at 19 th position , making his nineteenth Jump , found himself still hanging from the plane by a 15 ft nylon static line . As the plane speeded up post drop from 125 km/ h to 175 km /h , Gurav started swinging like a pendulum and hitting the aircraft underbelly . Apart from the parachute on his back , he had a reserve parachute on his chest , a sten carbine below his armpit ,FSMO below the reserve chute , and tied to his leg the weapon container with a 2″ mortar and eight bombs . The slip stream was not only buffeting him violently but had also started choking him badly . He remembered his little daughters for one last time and gave up hope but fortunately did not pass out .

Unknown to him, two dispatchers in the aircraft were staking their life but still working on the “ procedure “ to give another life to Gurav . After 13 minutes of eternity and nearly 50 km from Tangail , suddenly Gurav was falling down again and then to his surprise he saw his chute opening up . He luckily landed near a village which had Muktibahni on one side and Razakars on the other . It took him a week to link up with 2 PARA . The then Adjutant of 2PARA Captain N K Sharma had become the first Indian to enter Dacca , when he had gone to deliver the Surrender Ultimatum from Manekshaw / J S Arora to Niazi . During our time at NDA , whenever Captain N K Sharma , Divisional Officer Golf Squadron , used to be the Battalion Duty Officer , a special “ Para Drop “ warning used to be sounded in all the Squadrons of No 2 Battalion . Today he is the Governor of a State .

Interestingly four of us course mates who had done Parachute Basic Course from IMA as part of adventure activities got commissioned directly into the Parachute Regiment . This had happened for the first time . Earlier those getting commissioned directly into the Parachute Regiment had not attended such Jumps from IMA ,though there were cases of such people joining the Paras later on from their parent regiments . R K Goraksha , Ivan Crasto (Kirti Chakra winner for Parwanoo Ropeway rescue ) and V N Prasad ( later Major General ) and of course the fifth one , G P Kale who joined the Paras from Madras Regiment could not escape the PTS , IAF net . They all had to do the Basic Course all over again .

However somehow my name got missed out . Right after my probation , we had to move out into a high altitude area for hunting down a few suspected infiltrators. On coming back I was curtly informed by the Adjutant Captain Roshan Lal that Defence Accounts had accepted my IMA jumps and started paying the Parachute Pay with effect my commissioning date itself . Now I should stop dreaming of going to Agra on a vacation .Naturally why would the Commanding Officer and the Adjutant permit a 2/ Lt to vanish from the Unit located in field area and go to Agra for nearly a month . Therefore due to exigencies of Unit Service , I got the chance to go for refresher jumps to Agra only after a gap of 22 months from my first jump .
While the jumps from IMA at Sarsawa were done by us from MI8 helicopters , the jumps at Agra were to be from C-119 Packets , a totally different proposition by 1000% . Also having forgotten everything regarding wearing of parachute etc , I badly wanted to attend some ground training . However I had landed at Agra with Major K C Padha ( later Major General ) to attend the Para Regimental Reunion . So instead of a regular refresher course , I found that I would be jumping as part of reunion jumps .

To my “ horror” I also found out that like a true paratrooper , Major Padha had intense dislike for any ground training . So it was only next morning ( after a late night party ) that while wearing the chutes in the PTS hangar , right in front I saw written in bold letters “ IN PARACHUTING IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS , IT IS DISASTOUR “ . The writing rattled me enough to tell my plight to two senior para commando captains from 10 Para SF ( I was a 2/Lt ) who were right in front of me in the Hangar Area , thinking that they will do something . Instead they just laughed and said “ just follow us and try and do what we do “ .

In the MI8 at Sarsawa , due to clerical error of my name being typed as Abdhesh , I had been made the number one jumper . In the bargain for the first jump , I had been standing at the open door for full five minutes , looking down at the meandering Yamuna down below had been cursing myself for volunteering and also cursing my dear friend P B Gole for dragging me into this mad adventure . He was from Golf Squadron but we had been in the same academic class in NDA and were in then the same Platoon of Sangro Company at IMA . Among other things , Gole, the short wiry Maratha had been a Super Gymnast and a PT blazer at NDA , where as I had barely managed to pass my hand spring tests . He was mad about joining the 9 PARA SF , where as I just wanted to opt for infantry . In fact it was Gole who had written PARA in my Option Form above my “ ASSAM REGIMENT “ and qualified it further with 10 PARA SF as he had himself volunteered for 9 SF . On commissioning I was allotted 9 PARA SF and 2 ASSAM . Parsanna Gole who had nearly resigned his commission when he was not allotted 9 PARA SF , later laid down his life on the LOC while Commanding his 9 JAT . However as CO , he did motivate a young officer of his Unit to come and join 9 SF .

In the MI8 standing at the door and then stepping out is like jumping into the Swimming Pool from the 10mtr diving board . There is no slip stream and you can actually hear and see your chute opening . Here in C119 I was standing at position number 19 on the port side my eyes now fixed on Captain Jassani and not knowing what to do . Then when GREEN ON GO happened , every thing was a blur and before I knew , running after Capt Jassani even forgot to do what he was doing and I was out of the door . Though getting hit by a 125 km slip stream . I still remember seeing the air craft fly away “ below me “ and wondering how it reached there ( because of the slip stream I had gone into a summersault and had viewed aircraft between the legs with changed sense of UP and DOWN ) when suddenly there was a big jerk and all I could say was “ Thank God “ after my chute opened .

Later on when posted at the Military Training Directorate General at Army HQ ,where I was looking after all the training matters related to airborne and Heliborne training and had virtually become the single point contact with Air HQ , even for many other things unconnected , technically speaking I was not “ qualified “ on Parachute Basic Course .

No two parachute jumps are alike , each is a new experience . The same reasoning’s seems to apply to the question that what attracts men to Para trooping …men apart every man an emperor . Once he takes the leap , into the unknown darkness ( night operations / unknown area ) he may land in water , a roof , hit a tree or a high tension wire , on boulders or when lucky on total soft ground . In any case he hits the ground with force equivalent to a jump from 15 feet . Add to it the force of of his own weight and the weight of equipment being carried …..upto 40kg + and the Wind Speed at times up to 20 ft / second . He must then join up with his comrades as quickly as possible in dark in that unfamiliar surroundings , out wit the enemy and always shoot to kill .

In the Tangail operational drop , apart from a hang-up case , one Dakota dropped I xJCO and 19x Other Ranks about 18km away from the designated drop zone and very close to an enemy held defensive position . They were written of as battle casualties by the unit . However they fought their way out and reached Tangail a day later .

Strict training and modern equipment have made things safe but still in Para trooping (distinct from parachuting for sports ) broken ankles , fractured spines , wrenched necks , riser burns and concussions are normal accepted daily hazards and at times a HANG UP or even the dreaded ROMAN CANDLE .

38 years after the “ hang up “ case of Mahadeo Gurav , in 2008 when he visited Agra for a 2 PARA reunion for Tangail , he was invited specially to PARA HOLDING WING , Army Airborne Training School, the Mecca of Indian Paratroopers , by all us officers posted there to felicitate him . Then a few weeks later a similar HANG UP case happened again ( second time in Regimental history ) at Malpura DZ of Agra . This time it was a young paratrooper undergoing his fourth basic jump from an AN32 aircraft . Again the PTS , dispatchers were successful and the youngster not only landed safely but went on to do the night jump same evening and completed his course . Next morning I sent an OP IMMEDIATE incident report to Military Operations Directorate . It was put up to COAS and he at once awarded COAS Commendation Cards to not only the young paratrooper but also to the two despatchers Junior Warrant Officers of the Para Training School , IAF , Agra .

On October 1941 when first experimental jumps were made by RAF Flight Lt Brereton and Army Capt Abbot and Capt Hopkinson , all had severe injuries , as due to pilots error all three landed bang on the concrete runway of the air base near Karachi . Later on when the Parachute Training School was started at Chaklala , initially the fatal casualty rate used to be 1% per course , quite stressful for a course comprising 60 personnel with a duration of 14 days , other injuries being incidental . It took time for the fatality rate to come down . Though it happens today also , once in a blue moon , due sheer negligence or sheer bad luck .

Better packing techniques and procedures and a well laid down maintenance procedures also reduced the incidental injuries during training . More than 60 years later , incidental injuries had again increased phenomenally and there was one fatality also . Using the statistics , I was able to convince the DGMT and the VCOAS for the authorization of a MI room with a Nursing Assistant to the AATS . Then I got posted to Army Airborne Training School . Thanks to Lt Colonel G S Dhillon, also posted there , Lo and behold , the application of same 1940s Chaklala procedures , reduced the injuries rate considerably .

On daily basis , Indian Army likes to do such things in a saner manner and not the way I did my first refresher . So we have a Parachute Holding Wing as part of Army Airborne Training School( AATS) at Agra for managing para training . There are 12 Para Basic Courses , one per month , every year. In addition there are generally one Basic Course for the NCC Cadets and may be( not a regular thing) upto two such courses for NDA Cadets / IMA GCs . Then there are 52 Refresher Courses every year .

Vacancies are allotted by AATS directly to Parachute Regimental Centre / Para SF units / Para units / Affiliated other Arms and Services Units of Parachute Brigade / Presidents Body Guard and MARCOS based on projected requirements . To become eligible a recruit should have finally been attested as a trooper at the Para Centre and for others, should have been selected after their probation.

The actual training as such is imparted by the Parachute Training School run by the IAF , also located in Agra . Roughly it is a three weeks package . First part is the Ground Training which becomes tougher gradually, at the end of which you have to clear a few tests . Next is the air experience . Third part comprises the actual jumps ….three day jumps , one day jump with equipment and weapons and finally one night jump. Care is taken to see that wind speed , visibility etc are within the laid down peace time safety limits and jump height is kept minimum 1200ft . In actual combat/ even excercises , wind speed etc will have higher limits , visibility limits further reduced and even the height will be much lower .

Things were not that easy when combat paratrooping had started in India in 1941. The Paratraining School at Chaklala had all instructors from RAF , a few Officers and NCOs all British . The language of the British NCOs was difficult to follow even by the educated Indians . Whereas the vast majority of trainees coming from all parts of the Sub Continent were as different from each other as Swedish from the Greeks and at the most semi literate . However a very high standard was achieved in spite of every thing …..climate , language , food , accommodation , equipment .

The song “ CHAKLALA CHINDITS” , written by Squadron Leader R T D Smith , one of the jump Instructors ( 1943 to 1947 ) highlights the then prevailing atmosphere :
Oh , We have bolo ‘ ed , Paown Milao
Upar Dekho , Niche Jao
And we have done , our spot of sweatin on the square
We have trained every bloomin mob
And we have cursed the ruddy job
But we wouldn’t swap it if the chance was there
Oh we have bolo ‘ d zinderbad
Ki Jai and sat siri Akal
And Nara Mara Haidri plus the rest
But of all the troops we have had
Though none of em were bad
Chota Johny Gurkha was the best
So keep your paown milao
when you start to niche jao
And always treat your chute with care .
We have trained every bloomin mob
And we have cursed the ruddy job
But we would’nt swap it , if the chance was there.

The article cannot be completed unless the story of the Gurkhas is included . When it was decided to raise a parachute battalion for the British Indian Army , initially there were hardly any volunteers . So a motivational team went around to give lectures and demonstrations .

In one of the Gorkha Unit after the lecture there were no volunteers . Red faced , both the Commanding Officer and the Subedar Major got up and talked to the men . Finally a dozen or so volunteered . Meanwhile the motivational team’s truck carrying the parachute arrived and with its help things were explained once again . This time a large number of the men were ready to volunteer.
When the British CO asked them in chaste Gurkhali as to why they had had not volunteered earlier, they replied that they thought that they were being asked to jump from the plane without this umbrella like device !! The Motivational Team from British Army kept wondering about the dozen or so Gurkhas who had volunteered after the initial lecture .

In another Gurkha unit , during the motivational lecture , due to a mix up , instead of airborne training movie , the troops were shown a movie on Anti Airborne Operations . There were hundreds of volunteers as everyone enjoyed it thoroughly and thought that it was big fun activity in spite of the commentary “ if you do your job well , there is no reason why 95 of the men coming down should ever reach the ground alive “.

Then at Chaklala, one day a Valencias aircraft loaded with Gurkhas for “ air experience” crashed right after take off . Fortunately no one was hurt and all the Gurkhas ( all were first timers to sit in an aircraft) just deplaned , marched back smartly down the runway and emplaned another aircraft . They all apparently thought of entire thing as a routine drill .

12arya

Country flag

Those Who Wield The Surgical Knives Along With The Surgical Strikers Of The Indian Army

By Colonel Awadhesh Kumar, Veteran Special Forces

75 Glorious Years Of Maroon Docs. They have always been side by side with the paratroopers. They were in Korea.in Kashmir, in Poonch in Goa, in Bangladesh, in Siachin,in Kargil, in Srilanka, in Maldives, in Badrinath earth quake, in Kathmandu earth quake…….they will always be there wherever Paratroopers land.

THE FIRST PARATROOPER
Raising of the 50 Parachute Brigade commenced in October 1941 in New Delhi. The following units became part of this Parachute Formation :
(a) 151 British Parachute Battalion
(b) 152 Indian Parachute Battalion
(c) 153 Gurkha Parachute Battalion
(d) 411 Royal Bombay Parachute Section (Engineers)

The first Indian officer to report on posting to this new brigade was Lieutenant A G Rangaraj. He was posted as the Regimental Medical Officer of 152 Indian Parachute Battalion. Soon he became the
FIRST INDIAN PARATROOPER.
Lt Rangaraj did his para training at the Air Landing School( ALS) along with his Havildar Major Mathra Singh. This School was newly established around that time near the Wellingdon Airport, New Delhi. There were 8 RAF officers, 5 British Army Officers, 4 RAF Parachute Jump Instructors and few Other Ranks from the Army along with a handful of parachute packers from British / Indian Army.
The first of the experimental parachute jumps in India was carried out on 15 October 1941 in Karachi airfield by three British Officers……Flight Lt Brereton, Capt Abbot and Capt Hopkinson. Due to Pilot error all three landed on the tarmac and sustained serious injuries. The first Parachute Basic Course commenced in November 1941 at the ALS, the Drop Zone was just west of the present day Delhi Cantt. The jumps were done from Vickers Valencia, a two engined aircraft with a top speed of 125 Km per hour. Due to its slow speed and its shape it had the nick name of FLYING PIGS. These aircrafts had no seats and every had to sit on the floor. At the centre there use to be a big hole. On “RED ON” the first paratrooper had to sit there with his leg dangling in the hole, looking at the dispatcher. On “GREEN ON “ as soon as the Dispatcher brought his hands down, shouting G…o….ooo, the paratrooper just vanished in the hole…..next chap then followed. One had to be quite careful about the position of his head or risk a solid knock on the jaws from the aircraft floor. A few missing teeth always happened in every course. After 5 day jumps, a soldier qualified as a paratrooper and was awarded a parachute wings. In the fifth jump one had to jump with a container that had the paratroopers weapon, ammunition and all his stores and equipment.

The first Airborne exercise by the Brigade was carried out in Feb1942, near the Hindon river. However due to certain problems, for the actual jump only one aircraft was available and so only one STICK of 10 paratroopers could be dropped (rest of the brigade moved to DZ by vehicles). This jump had the first of the ROMAN CANDLE and the Paratrooper died on the spot, two others sustained serious injuries.

The Air Landing School moved to Chaklala in October 1942 and it became the No3 Para Training School. It started conducting standard courses of 14 days duration with each batch numbering 30 students. From April 1943, Wellingtons aircraft became available for para training and so the batch size increased to 60 and night jumps too was introduced as the fifth jump. The jump height was kept at 700 ft. Those days every course at Chaklala had at least one fatal incident. In one case of ROMAN CANDLE, a miracle happened. The paratrooper after hitting the ground was still breathing and at the hospital it seen that he not even sustained any fracture.

After long deliberations, the jump height was increased to 1200ft and parachute packing and its maintenance got standardised. Finally fatal incidents came to a halt and even jump injuries became minimal.
By 1951 the first Indian Paratrooper was now a Lt Colonel, commanding 60 Parachute Field Ambulance. He along with a surgical team of his unit Jumped with 4000 men of the 187th Airborne Regiment of US Army, as part of UN Forces. It was a Combat Jump at 0900h about 40 km NW of Munsan near Seol in Korea.
A total of 102 paratroopers had suffered serious injuries during the jump (10 very badly) and were looked after by Colonel Rangaraj and his team for the entire duration of the battle which lasted for seven days. The team also looked after another 300 soldiers who got wounded during the battle. Col Rangaraj was awarded with a Mahavir Chakra for this battle.

I

Honour
For the Korean war Lt Col AG Rangaraj and Major NB Bannerjee were awarded the Maha Vir Chakra, seven others won the Vir Chakra and six officers, six JCOs and 13 Jawans were mentioned in dispatches. Among the Vir Chakra awardee was Major A Rangaswamy, Vr Chakra who now received a bar to his earlier Vir Chakra won in 1947-48 in Kashmir. All those who jumped in combat in Korea were also awarded American Parachute Wings. After Jun1951, 60 Para became part of the Commonwealth Division and treated a total of 1800 battle casualties and 9000 other injured and sick. The second team functioning on the Line of Communication performed 1000 operations and treated another 25000 civilians. The unit which spent three winters in Korea was singled out for praise in the British House of Commons. 60TH also received a MERITORIOUS UNIT CITATION from the US Army and the South Korean Army.

60 Para Field Ambulance also received a trophy from the President of India, from Dr Rajendra Prasad at a Special ceremonial parade held at Agra on 10 March, 1955. It was a great honour,conferred on a unit for the first time in the history of the Indian Army.

The Nepal Army too gave a citation to the unit……the first international response team…..for the wonderful work done during the 2015 Nepal Earthquake.

Raising
Raised in 1942 under command Lt Colonel Bisdee. 60 th had served in Burma before its conversion to the para role and transferred to 44 Indian Airborne Division in 1945. 60 Parachute Field Ambulance joined the 50 Independent Parachute Brigade some time in 1950. Earlier it had served with distinction during the 1947- 48 war in Kashmir. Lt Col A G Rangaraj took over command from Aug 1947 to May 1949 and again from Apr 1950 to Mar 1953. Later Lt Col A Rangaswami, Vir Chakra* took over the Unit. There is an URBAN LEGEND that when Rangaswami got promoted to the rank of Brigadier, seeing his overall performance and also his performance on Staff College Course at Wellington, the C-In- C had given a very very serious thought to offering him command of an Infantry Brigade!!!

The Mettle
Captain Bose, Indian Medical Services, had just joined the 50 Para Brigade about end August 1942. When suddenly GHQ asked the brigade to provide a medical officer for a Special Mission to help out a large party of refugees making its way out of Hukawang Valley in Burma. The mission was urgent….help was required by a large number of women and children, too weak with disease and malnutrition. However all para trained doctors were already deployed and none of them could be recalled in time for the mission. Capt Bose having just joined had not even done his parachute basic course. Bose who was a married man with a young family, volunteered at once unhesitatingly when told about the urgency, importance and also the dangers of the mission. Even his young wife supported him A quick and short course was arranged and within a few days he parachuted into Burma behind the Japanese lines. Bose did an excellent work but unfortunately he died while crossing back the mountains. No one knows how. Today we do not even know his first name. May be after reading this some one in Kolkata or other parts of West Bengal or even Bangladesh may be able to give his first name.

On 20 Sep 1966, Captain Farida Rehana of this Unit completed her 5th and final jump to become the First Female Paratrooper of the Indian Army. Much later Major N Linyu followed in her footsteps to become an accomplished Combat Free Faller. She also went on to climb Mt Everest as part of an Army Expedition.
Such are our doctors and medical staff who join the army and on top of that volunteer for the maroon beret. During recent times 60 was in the forefront during the natural calamity at Badrinath. They were the first to reach Nepal after the devastating earthquake. The Govt of Nepal was full of appreciation for the Unit. The Koreans still remember this
unit and 6
As on date, Director General Armed Forces Medical Services Lt General Manoj K Unni also wears the Maroon Beret, a Parachute Wing and a BALIDAN Badge, an old Regimental Medical Officer of 9.He will finally lay down his office on 31 Oct 2017.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's for a photo op, but still.
Notice following points:
*None of them is wearing a fucking school bag.
*None are wearing ill fitting clothes.
*They're using single tube NVG, but it is pretty contemporary. Not from the '90s.
*They're all wearing the same fucking uniform.

Do yall know what's common about the above points? Absent in all our army's special forces units.
But most of the equipments shown here has already been seen with sf

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Again disagree. Ths 36 was built for war in the plains of Europe. German Troops in Astan eventually moved to the 416.

"A German Army test of the weapon in 2015 confirmed the problems, stating that after just sixty rounds—or two magazines’ worth of ammunition—the rifle barrel would heat to the point it would warp the plastic barrel channel that held it in place."

This from a rifle which entered service in 1997.
fake news, there are multiple source out there proving it wrong. HK even sued the army over it and actually won.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I no longer want to hear this sh!t about PARA (SF) having relaxed standards because of the areas they operate in

CRPF QAT have almost identical equipment (if not superior in some areas) to PARA (SF) today and also are able to maintain uniformity in operational areas

There’s something deeply wrong inside PARA (SF) that produces these results when they are deployed

37E15DBE-8908-44DA-8438-AC61DBFD9580.jpeg

Killbot

Country flag
I no longer want to hear this sh!t about PARA (SF) having relaxed standards because of the areas they operate in

CRPF QAT have almost identical equipment (if not superior in some areas) to PARA (SF) today and also are able to maintain uniformity in operational areas

There’s something deeply wrong inside PARA (SF) that produces these results when they are deployed

View attachment 64883
What is that on the soldier's wrist? And they have Aimpoints...

Our SFs should grovel on their knees in front of these guys.

abingdonboy

Country flag
What is that on the soldier's wrist? And they have Aimpoints...

Our SFs should grovel on their knees in front of these guys.
Looks like GPS on the wrist

+ before anyone says these guys are all show, remember CRPF QAT is the emergency response unit for most Urban centres in JK, becuase of QAT the military can be moved out from internal security duties, QAT is effectively replacing PARA (SF) in the urban centres of India’s most violent areas

Killbot

Country flag

+ before anyone says these guys are all show, remember CRPF QAT is the emergency response unit for most Urban centres in JK, becuase of QAT the military can be moved out from internal security duties, QAT is effectively replacing PARA (SF) in the urban centres of India’s most violent areas
But trigger discipline is still crap.😔😔

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 64883
Right
So you mean our sf atleast have these equipments

rkhanna

Country flag
fake news, there are multiple source out there proving it wrong. HK even sued the army over it and actually won.
Read the verdict in detail. It was about the German Govt seeking damages from HK which they lost

The court only stated that the rifles met contract specifications.

Ps they still lost the tender

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Its

It's criminal to always use Para SF for urban anti-terror ops everytime!! We need to train RR units in the line of SFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles