Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
You know the sad thing is that that in the 80s and 90s MARCOS used to have an almost unprecedented capability as a naval SOF unit. They used to be be one of the 6 naval at that could do a full combat load jump into blue waters.

Same for para SF - I honestly feel that before the mindless expansion in the mid 2000s the SF had a different feel to them, not to mention they used to be older on average.
I expected more from Marcos in capabilities and from Para in aquisitions post 2000.

Officers could have done better.

Killbot

Country flag
You know the sad thing is that that in the 80s and 90s MARCOS used to have an almost unprecedented capability as a naval SOF unit. They used to be be one of the 6 naval at that could do a full combat load jump into blue waters.

Same for para SF - I honestly feel that before the mindless expansion in the mid 2000s the SF had a different feel to them, not to mention they used to be older on average.
They are trying to dilute it even more. People are seriously considering giving all airborne troops SF tag. The day they do that, Army SF will cease to exist. They had equipment that was pretty reasonable for SF in the 90s...

AZTEC

Country flag
These are not Marcos, SBS nor RMC - they are normal VBSS teams only.

Also the day MARCOS actually trains with a naval SOF unit of a major country I'll send beer to everyone on this thread
The Royal Marines (RMC) and MARCOS both participated in Ex. Konkan of 2016, according to navy.

Are you sure that the first images is not of MARCOS and the other images are not RMC?

Killbot

Country flag
The Royal Marines (RMC) and MARCOS both participated in Ex. Konkan of 2016, according to navy.

Are you sure that the first images is not of MARCOS and the other images are not RMC?
They are MARCOS. VBSS teams use Amogh Carbine. Both CG and Navy. Also, they use plain MKU helmets with integrated comms.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
They are trying to dilute it even more. People are seriously considering giving all airborne troops SF tag. The day they do that, Army SF will cease to exist. They had equipment that was pretty reasonable for SF in the 90s...
because

even though they changed to the SF tab they didnt in the true sense convert to SF and are still Commando in nature.

Killbot

Country flag
Do we have any indigenous program for that? Or does any Indian company manufactures it?
I don't think so. But it should be a cakewalk for companies like Alpha Design Tech *if there is a requirement*

Killbot

Country flag
because

even though they changed to the SF tab they didnt in the true sense convert to SF and are still Commando in nature.
Yeah... But those guys in the Nagrota encounter did look like Spec Ops guys, from their demeanor.. Still lacking in equipment though..

rkhanna

Country flag

Killbot

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles