Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killbot

Country flag

I really advise you all to go through this article. These are the kind of ops US SOCOM and JSOC do. So do units like JW GROM, SAS etc., albeit on a much smaller scale. These are 9 raids that were on the scale of the OBL raid, some even more complex. Some even involved retrieval of spies, taking out moving HVTs, hostage rescue, etc.

Anyone who was a yes man gloating about Myanmar op and surgical strikes will be put in his/her place. The Para SF cannot even dream of doing most of these ops, due to their limitations in equipment, training and command structure.

I think our special ops forces are being seriously misused by the army, especially after reading this..

And these were only the ones involving really high value targets... Imagine the sheer amount of intelligence ops, ops with friendly militias, training missions, smaller scale raids, etc. these guys do... And all of the above is within the spectrum of what our soldiers have the capability to do, but don't because of what I mentioned in the above paragraph. If the budget is rationalized, there is no reason our guys cannot be trained and equipped to perform these missions.

And again, fuck $3500 SCAR.

I'd like to hear your opinions.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

I really advise you all to go through this article. These are the kind of ops US SOCOM and JSOC do. So do units like JW GROM, SAS etc., albeit on a much smaller scale. These are 9 raids that were on the scale of the OBL raid, some even more complex. Some even involved retrieval of spies, taking out moving HVTs, hostage rescue, etc.

Anyone who was a yes man gloating about Myanmar op and surgical strikes will be put in his/her place. The Para SF cannot even dream of doing most of these ops, due to their limitations in equipment, training and command structure.

I think our special ops forces are being seriously misused by the army, especially after reading this..

And these were only the ones involving really high value targets... Imagine the sheer amount of intelligence ops, ops with friendly militias, training missions, smaller scale raids, etc. these guys do... And all of the above is within the spectrum of what our soldiers have the capability to do, but don't because of what I mentioned in the above paragraph. If the budget is rationalized, there is no reason our guys cannot be trained and equipped to perform these missions.

SCAR-L’s Rate of fire is poor, HK416 would have been far better, that’s why only US Navy SEALS use SCARs coz it survives in any environment.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
SEALs use SCAR 17 or the 7.62 version. That is okay with me. Buying the 5.56 SCAR 16 is a gigantic waste of money.
Yes, SCAR-H is I guess the most accurate NATO Battle Rifle, perfect for spec ops.
What makes me feel sad is that 2 rifles were shortlisted for special forces, SCAR-L and HK416, MoD went for SCAR-L ignoring the HK416 maybe because it is an M4 Pattern rifle and we’re already using M4A1s so...

Just check the original RFI, It stated 1050 SCAR-L/HK416, 1400 SCAR-H etc.

For those bragging our SF doesn’t have gucci equipment, for them I would like to tell, our SF already has that kind of equipment and in this order.

1603876846757.jpeg

But when will Indian SF use the NVGs made by Tonbo?

Killbot

Country flag
Yes, SCAR-H is I guess the most accurate NATO Battle Rifle, perfect for spec ops.
What makes me feel sad is that 2 rifles were shortlisted for special forces, SCAR-L and HK416, MoD went for SCAR-L ignoring the HK416 maybe because it is an M4 Pattern rifle and we’re already using M4A1s so...

For those bragging our SF doesn’t have gucci equipment, for them I would like to tell, our SF already has that kind of equipment and in this order.

View attachment 64626

Lol, no it has just got DAC clearance, no orders placed. You should know how our procurements work by now.

apoorv465

Country flag

View attachment 64626

Image was just for representation purpose.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Image was just for representation purpose.
Its a representation no doubt but this is all what is ordered. Obviously quad tube ones will be bought from Tonbo in India maybe.

Killbot

Country flag

*Para SF cannot dream of performing such ops *as of now*

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
*Para SF cannot dream of performing such ops *as of now*
Who are you trying to educate here?

People who dont know shit about what other SF do and boast on about ego based nationalism and abusing other Indians on this thread as they do that.

If they had read about how other SF have made airstrips behind enemy's back and landed C130s there and as well destoryed terrorist camps they would know.

But these cartoons who come here dont even know about own SF that well.

Thatswhy i say every country has brave soldiers and most countries have done similar ops if not more.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

View attachment 64626

Ok sir..please mention the Gucci gear our SF has.

Killbot

Country flag
Who are you trying to educate here?

People who dont know shit about what other SF do and boast on about ego based nationalism and abusing other Indians on this thread as they do that.

If they had read about how other SF have made airstrips behind enemy's back and landed C130s there and as well destoryed terrorist camps they would know.

But these cartoons who come here dont even know about own SF that well.

Thatswhy i say every country has brave soldiers and most countries have done similar ops if not more.
Well, if the chest thumping yes men do somehow get over their ego and read that article, they'll definitely be put in their place. Won't make stupid ass arguments about how our soldiers are superhuman, and western Forces are shit, and we don't need good equipment, etc. Just providing a perspective on how complex real 'special' operations are. All mentioned ops were conducted deep in hostile territory, not 2km-3km in. And, that they were meant to achieve a strategic objective.

That said, you are probably right.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Well, if the chest thumping yes men do somehow get over their ego and read that article, they'll definitely be put in their place. Won't make stupid ass arguments about how our soldiers are superhuman, and western Forces are shit, and we don't need good equipment, etc. Just providing a perspective on how complex real 'special' operations are. All mentioned ops were conducted deep in hostile territory, not 2km-3km in. And, that they were meant to achieve a strategic objective.

That said, you are probably right.
Well if you can see like an Owl,
Fly like a Bat,
Starve like a cactus
and drink like a Camel,

My friend you sure dont need equipment.

And yeah telepathy too.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have seen recent pics where para sf were wearing exfil helmets , I think they are slowly replacing their viper p2 helmets.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles