Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
If we are to look at Indian options for arming the sf with better guns then sss defence is producing SOPMOD AK but it's been a while since I heard about it's progress. From what I know it will have a free floating barrel and picattany rails( not sure about this one)
I dont think they need ARs.

What they need is uniform,boots, gloves,comtac and helmet with accessories and they will still look kickass with Tavor.

Once they have these they can go for a Squad weapon and a ballistic computer for Snipers.

Then they should focus on Coms..which is the most important thing.

Then they can go for a better nvg,strobes,ir etc.

Killbot

Country flag
I dont think they need ARs.

What they need is uniform,boots, gloves,comtac and helmet with accessories and they will still look kickass with Tavor.

Once they have these they can go for a Squad weapon and a ballistic computer for Snipers.

Then they should focus on Coms..which is the most important thing.

Then they can go for a better nvg,strobes,ir etc.
Well, the Tavor does need replacement. But, their M4s and a share out of whatever Carbines army procures should be adequate as a stopgap.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If I am not wrong hk is not allowed to sell weapons to non NATO countries ( I read this in an article) so that pretty much throws the option of hk 416 out of the window. Though, I agree that a cheaper yet effective weapon could be purchased instead of SCAR.
CAR-816 is made by the man who made HK416, and the gun CAR-816 is made better than both HK416 and SiG-516. So a long barrel CAR-816 can still be an option.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Buying new assault rifles should be one of the last priority unless its some short barelled ones with suppressors and new machine guns like Ng-7 which we lack.Other wise we have good number of Tavors, M-4s and Fab Aks which could do the job.Buying new full length rifles could wait another couple of years.
But what we need urgently is new plate carriers, comms, laser strobes, light weight boots, Fast high cut helmets, tactical shields, backpacks with hydration packs, suppressors, light strike vehicles to replace those gypsies and the list goes on

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If I am not wrong hk is not allowed to sell weapons to non NATO countries ( I read this in an article) so that pretty much throws the option of hk 416 out of the window. Though, I agree that a cheaper yet effective weapon could be purchased instead of SCAR.
No, many non NATO countries like Indonesia, malaysia, jordan etc use HK416.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
An ex Indian Army officer on the forum claimed that Marcos are already deployed in Ladakh.

But they seem to be getting deployed now

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Those were smuggled for sure.
No, Russia NATO relations are not that hostile as you think, those HK-416s are for Alpha Group which is an NSG like counter terror police force not a military unit. Russian Alpha group also uses American made M4A1s too.

Killbot

Country flag
No, Russia NATO relations are not that hostile as you think, those HK-416s are for Alpha Group which is an NSG like counter terror police force not a military unit. Russian Alpha group also uses American made M4A1s too.
I know what Alfa is, I'm just saying they bought as many as possible before sanctions and then began straight up smuggling them. Russia is under sanctions btw. So relations with NATO are bad as ever.

Killbot

Country flag
Which is better
Fab modified ak
Ak 105(russian modified)
Isreali modified ak
All are just aesthetics. But if I had to pick, I'd pick the russian one. But I'd add a module to the mag release that can be manipulated by trigger finger, a galil style ambidextrous safety selector right above the handguard and even a left side charging handle. (Yes they do exist. Its called lightning bolt charging handle) with those three mods, any AK would be fine, even a vanilla AKM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles