Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
>$700 Billion defense budget, sole superpower country has better equipment than $70 billion defense budget "developing" country

View attachment 64288
It should be shamefull that they equipped each of their infantry soldiers when they spend most of their defence budget on R&D and they have 5 branches of military, we just have to equip our special forces. These weapons on display are used by our special forces, and the US Infantry is far better equipped than our special forces.

shade

Country flag
It should be shamefull that they equipped each of their infantry soldiers when they spend most of their defence budget on R&D and they have 5 branches of military, we just have to equip our special forces. These weapons on display are used by our special forces, and the US Infantry is far better equipped than our special forces.
Whatever they spend on equipment purchases like small arms is still much more than our entire $70bn defense budget half of which supposedly goes towards salary and pensions.
They are an actual #1 economy with a well developed MIC and most generous budget on the planet.
It is pointless to compare India to them lol.
Burgers are in a league of their own conventional forces wise, even Ching Chong cannot compete for now.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Whatever they spend on equipment purchases like small arms is still much more than our entire $70bn defense budget half of which supposedly goes towards salary and pensions.
They are an actual #1 economy with a well developed MIC and most generous budget on the planet.
It is pointless to compare India to them lol.
Burgers are in a league of their own conventional forces wise, even Ching Chong cannot compete for now.
I didn’t compare the Infantry of both countries, I compared their 1.3 million Soldiers of Infantry to 6000 Special Forces of India, and their Infantry is better equipped than our Special Forces. Our Special Forces are special just for name.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Because a Marine corp is expedentiary in nature and that is not in India's current objective list.

We dont have the money to equip a Marine Corps. How much money would it take to equip a brigade size strenght?

LHD/LPD?
Rotary ?
Artillery?
Aux ships?
Landing vehicle?
Amphib armour/IFV ?
The strike mountain corp is already less of funds...Marines concept is laughable.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I didn’t compare the Infantry of both countries, I compared their 1.3 million Soldiers of Infantry to 6000 Special Forces of India, and their Infantry is better equipped than our Special Forces. Our Special Forces are special just for name.
Indonesian Kopassus are pretty badass too.

They dont have a big budget but their gear is pretty decent than ours.

Die hard SF fans can read about them.

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Indonesia have many SF like India due to threat from various terrorist outfit like(Jamaah Ansharut Daulah,Jemaah Islamiyah ).

Name of some of there SF

Indonesian Armed Forces

Tier 1 - Detachment 81 Gultor (Kopassus groups)
Tier 2 - Kopassus (Para-Commandos & Sandi Yudha); Tontaipur (Recon Platoon)
Tier 3 - Raider Batallion

Indonesian Navy Forces

Tier 1 - Kopaska/Frogman Unit; Detachment Jala Nengkara (joint command of Kopaska & Tontaifib)
Tier 2 - Tontaifib (Marine Recon Platoon)
Tier 3 - Indonesian Marine Corps

Indonesian AirForces

Tier 1 - Detachment 90 Bravo (Paskhas groups)
Tier 2 - Paskhas (Para-Commandos & Hanud)

rkhanna

Country flag
Indonesia have many SF like India due to threat from various terrorist outfit like(Jamaah Ansharut Daulah,Jemaah Islamiyah ).

Name of some of there SF

Indonesian Armed Forces

Tier 1 - Detachment 81 Gultor (Kopassus groups)
Tier 2 - Kopassus (Para-Commandos & Sandi Yudha); Tontaipur (Recon Platoon)
Tier 3 - Raider Batallion

Indonesian Navy Forces

Tier 1 - Kopaska/Frogman Unit; Detachment Jala Nengkara (joint command of Kopaska & Tontaifib)
Tier 2 - Tontaifib (Marine Recon Platoon)
Tier 3 - Indonesian Marine Corps

Indonesian AirForces

Tier 1 - Detachment 90 Bravo (Paskhas groups)
Tier 2 - Paskhas (Para-Commandos & Hanud)
Similar for the Malaysians (PASKAL) and Philipinos (light combat battalion)

AZTEC

Country flag
A rough analysis tells me that the per capita money spent by Malaysian SF is 4 to 5 times the per capita money spent by Indian SF. (I can come up with more accurate figures but this rough figure is enough to give you an idea of what we’re talking about)

This explains why Malaysian SF is better equipped as compared to Indian SF.

Inspite of this, I would prefer Indian SF over Malaysian or Indonesian SF anyday if I have to get a job done.

According to official website of US Army, Infantry Soldiers make up only 15 percent of the Army force.

So you better get those numbers right.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
A rough analysis tells me that the per capita money spent by Malaysian SF is 4 to 5 times the per capita money spent by Indian SF. (I can come up with more accurate figures but this rough figure is enough to give you an idea of what we’re talking about)

This explains why Malaysian SF is better equipped as compared to Indian SF.

Inspite of this, I would prefer Indian SF over Malaysian or Indonesian SF anyday if I have to get a job done.

According to official website of US Army, Infantry Soldiers make up only 15 percent of the Army force.

So you better get those numbers right.
Thats because you are an Indian with all due respect and thats the logic the whole forum follows.

Will a Malayasian citizen trust Para SF to do the job..NOoo

Will a Indonesian Citizen choose Malayasian SF.

Hence to think only we are brave and only our soldiers are soldiers is pretty simple i would say.

Complex things would be to know that every country has brave troops..every country trains well..

And every country be it Philippines or Malaysian or Indonesias have done ops similar to Para SF.

In the end if you can protect your borders i would say you are good enough.

AZTEC

Country flag
Thats because you are an Indian with all due respect and thats the logic the whole forum follows.
Not exactly.
I prefer Indian SF because

1) the Indian military is far more capable than the Malaysian military, and

2) special forces are just ‘the tip of the spear’. There’s a lot more than just the tip that’s required to make a spear lethal.

In other words, a good SOF unit is practically worthless if the rest of your military is worthless.

There are some other reasons why I value Indian SF, most notably, this👇

3) the Indian economy has the potential to surpass that of the US, and therefore, the Indian military budget has the potential to surpass the US military budget.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Not exactly.

2) special forces are just ‘the tip of the spear’. There’s a lot more than just the tip that’s required to make a spear lethal.

3) in other words, a good SOF unit is practically worthless if the rest of your military is worthless.

There are some other reasons why I would prefer Indian SF, most notably, this👇

4) the Indian economy has the potential to surpass that of the US, and therefore, the Indian military budget has the potential to surpass the US military budged.
By 2050 when world will be using laser weapons and UFOs😂.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Not exactly.

In other words, a good SOF unit is practically worthless if the rest of your military is worthless.

There are some other reasons why I value Indian SF, most notably, this👇

3) the Indian economy has the potential to surpass that of the US, and therefore, the Indian military budget has the potential to surpass the US military budget.
By that logic Chinese PLA should be among the best..but is it?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What is stopping MoD from procuring dual tube nvgs rather single tube when there is not much cost gap, indigenous and can ease the operations of our sf.

AZTEC

Country flag
What is stopping MoD from procuring dual tube nvgs rather single tube when there is not much cost gap, indigenous and can ease the operations of our sf.
The same thing which stopped MoD from buying MP7 instead of MP5 for NSG, even though cost was same - bureaucracy.
By that logic Chinese PLA should be among the best..but is it?
According to a retired top US military officer, Chinese navy is second only to US navy and may become the most powerful navy by 2050, all because of its economy.
Economy is pretty much everything bro. It's the most important thing.

India is projected to be the largest economy in the second half of this century. If and when this happens, India will have the most powerful military on earth.

This is the implication bro. There's no way around it.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The same thing which stopped MoD from buying MP7 instead of MP5 for NSG, even though cost was same - bureaucracy.

According to a retired top US military officer, Chinese navy is second only to US navy and may become the most powerful navy by 2050, all because of its economy.
Economy is pretty much everything bro. It's the most important thing.

India is projected to be the largest economy in the second half of this century. If and when this happens, India will have the most powerful military on earth.

This is the implication bro. There's no way around it.
in 1961 US was flying the u2 with the same budget and experimenting the SR71 ..where are we?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Pardon me, I didn’t understand your question.
Can you please elaborate a bit?
60 years ago US was experimenting SR 71

it doesnt necessarily mean with advancement of economy such systems develop.

Where is our SR71 in 2020 or has China developed something like that? or a b 2?

AZTEC

Country flag
60 years ago US was experimenting SR 71

it doesnt necessarily mean with advancement of economy such systems develop.

Where is our SR71 in 2020 or has China developed something like that? or a b 2?
China’s economy is still smaller than the US economy. China is still technologically behind the US. For instance, Chinese semiconductor industry is estimated to be four years behind US.

BUT the effects of China’s economic miracle is quite visible. For instance, China is estimated to be at least equal to the US in hypersonic missiles and ASAT systems, if not ahead of the US.
Wait for a few years and you will see advanced Chinese experimental flight vehicles.

Chinese military programs are said to be the most secretive in the world. US is not that secretive since their military has to get congressional approvals, etc. So we never know what China is doing until they want us to know.

As far as India is concerned, our economy is still around 8 times smaller than US. Our social indicators like HDI is not good. We are still a newly industrialised nation.

Please wait for a few decades before expecting SR71 from India.
Still, we are innovating quite satisfactorily, the latest innovation being DRDO’s SMART torpedo, for instance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles