Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZTEC

Country flag
The first picture is indeed SG. That js the NSG kill house
Yeah but the first picture is like (approx.) 15 years old (if I remember correctly). So does it reflect their current gear? Maybe not. (Just mentioning)

Killbot

Country flag
Yeah but the first picture is like (approx.) 15 years old (if I remember correctly). So does it reflect their current gear? Maybe not. (Just mentioning)
PARA SF, for one, has had the same gear for 10 years now. On a different note, what those guys were wearing is still better than Para now...

Killbot

Country flag
US Navy SEALs came to India (for high-altitude exercises) with an aircraft loaded with bottled mineral water. Apparently, they can’t survive without it.🤣

Interesting video.👇
Well, they aren't intended for fighting at high altitude. They usually carry out their ops at sea level. Thats why their Afghanistan presence is low.. They mostly operate in Africa and the Middle East. As for the mineral water part, I'd take it with a bit of salt. He might have been exaggerating the incident.

Gessler

Country flag
Well, they aren't intended for fighting at high altitude. They usually carry out their ops at sea level. Thats why their Afghanistan presence is low.. They mostly operate in Africa and the Middle East. As for the mineral water part, I'd take it with a bit of salt. He might have been exaggerating the incident.
SEALs Afghan presence is low? Dude SEALs are the go-to for Tier-1 requirements in Afg. There's almost always a unit on rotational deployment at Jalalabad.

In Iraq/Syria, Delta is the go-to.

No particular reason, both are trained to equal standards and techniques, it just worked out that way in JSOC.

Killbot

Country flag
When my Indian-American relatives visit India, they too need bottled mineral-water. So that incident, IMO, is not exaggerated. It’s hilarious how even American SOF need Bisleri water to survive.
At high altitude, yeah.. But I wouldn't screw with them anywhere near the sea. If you wanna compare Para SF to an American unit, the 75th ranger regiment is most apt.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
US Navy SEALs came to India (for high-altitude exercises) with an aircraft loaded with bottled mineral water. Apparently, they can’t survive without it.🤣

Interesting video.👇
Bottled water
Microwave food

In ops

Intel
Technology
Delivery systems
Then 5 mins firefight

Thats how they work..which is sissy to say but they always deliever like that only.

If you can get bottled water in middle of Afghanistan and get the objective..then who can complaint.

By the way our jawans are also drinking Bisleri in Leh and Ladakh.

Killbot

Country flag
SEALs Afghan presence is low? Dude SEALs are the go-to for Tier-1 requirements in Afg. There's almost always a unit on rotational deployment at Jalalabad.

In Iraq/Syria, Delta is the go-to.

No particular reason, both are trained to equal standards and techniques, it just worked out that way in JSOC.
I'm talking about SEAL teams (Tier 2 guys), not devgru/ team 6. Let's leave JSOC out of this. Devgru recruits from all branches of the US Navy, afaik. But SEALS for the most part. They are given additional training as well.
Yeah, FOB Jalalabad is the houses a handful of Tier 2 SEALs as well. Compare no of SEALs with Green Berets in Afghanistan.

WarriorIndian

Country flag

Interesting video.👇
They dont have to be in the survival mode all the time, besides, drinking water and packaged food is part of the standard carry-ons across all special forces even Indian. Special forces have a very specific task and 99% of the time they stick to the ETA and carry sufficient ration.

Gessler

Country flag
I'm talking about SEAL teams (Tier 2 guys), not devgru/ team 6. Let's leave JSOC out of this. Devgru recruits from all branches of the US Navy, afaik. But SEALS for the most part. They are given additional training as well.
Yeah, FOB Jalalabad is the houses a handful of Tier 2 SEALs as well. Compare no of SEALs with Green Berets in Afghanistan.
I assumed the SEALs the Para officer was talking about were ST6. Yes, could be simply NSW guys who came to HAWS.

As of why Tier-2 SEALs are outnumbered by Army SF, well they don't come from an Infantry background like the Army guys, that inherently makes them unsuitable for large scale ground operations with infantry movement, holding territory etc.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2 what is the standard equipment of the SFF? as it is a 10,000 Commando strong force, so what is their standard issue equipment from small arms to optics to helmets, and other combat gear?

coz I believe that weapons like SCAR-L and P90 as shown for SFF are used by SG not by the SFF

I feel this pic is of SG as SCAR-L can’t be a standard issue of SFF considering the size of force and the price of gun. Plus there is a F2000 also, makes it confirmed that these guys are SG.
View attachment 63669

And I also feel it is SG that uses P90 not SFF, I guess SFF is equipped with only Tavors and FAB Modified AK-47s.
View attachment 63672
Otherwise IDK.
SFF
AK pattern rifles : They have Arsenal AR, AR-F, AR-SF, Pm Md 90, Hungarian AK-63D
SMG/PDW : SHIPKA, MP5-SD & P90 (P90 is also issued to few Vikas teams not just the SG)
ARs : TAR-21, X95 & other AR-15 pattern
LMG : NEGEV & PIKA
PISTOL : Jericho, Browning HP & Beretta 92fs
Snipers : Dragunov, SSG 69 & other IA issued

There are Archer battalions too but I can't talk much about them.

SG has all the above + SCAR & F2000 in limited numbers.

Body armour is similar the PARA (Airborne) & Infantry. They have got ACH before 2010 & Orlites too.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
No DEVGRU is only recruited from the vanilla SEAL teams although they have support personnel from all branches. the vanilla team guys make a request to DEVGRU and they then take part in “green team” (selection)

Interestingly they have taken the equivalent of naval military police (master at arms) into combat as dog handlers because there is such a lack of that expertise at certain times within their community

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Interesting video.👇
Bullshit video. Lots of hyperbole. It sounds like it was made by a Netflix chuttad fanboi with regard to the line of questioning.

Navy Seals and Para SF may be considered tier one but have different operating environment. You learn fast when push comes to shove.

Also this Balaji Alt Films Marxist propaganda in the 'Test Case' is all the more reason not to grace this video with a view.

The veteran said 'NO' in a very polite manner.

MuzzleVelocity

Bottled water
Microwave food

In ops

Intel
Technology
Delivery systems
Then 5 mins firefight

Thats how they work..which is sissy to say but they always deliever like that only.

If you can get bottled water in middle of Afghanistan and get the objective..then who can complaint.

By the way our jawans are also drinking Bisleri in Leh and Ladakh.

This is a very simplistic take on it. Ofcourse SOFs are meant to be hard buggers. They are taught to survive in the jungle and make do with that they have. And as Vivek Jacob said, as of now our combat scenario demands long range reccee patrols and hunting parties. American SF if they do indeed have that issue, would face problems. It's really not that hard to imagine.

Not every op is a swoop in, go rambo and leave. Sometimes you are in it for the long haul.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
When my Indian-American relatives visit India, they too need bottled mineral-water. So that incident, IMO, is not exaggerated. It’s hilarious how even American SOF need Bisleri water to survive.
Irony is the 'real' mineral water in India is marketed as 'Himalayan Mineral Water'. Some also say 'bottled at source'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles