Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
Indian Coast Guard VBSS Commandos with Amogha.
Interesting thing is they use integrated comm system and that GIGN helmet!
View attachment 60305
It's a normal PAGST type helmet with a visor bolted on

On the sea you will see commanders of VBSS./ Rescue divers units etc with integrated comms as they have to be in constant touch with helos and command ships + coast guard etc. Normal SOP. And being done for decades

Gessler

Country flag
Some of the only war zone pics of SG are the following ones:
There are a total of 3 operational SG units and 1 reserve unit. One of the operational units is permanently deployment for COIN/CT ops. The units rotate among themselves for foreign deployments. The known foreign deployments of SG are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Sources:
By the way, that there seems to be a TA01 ACOG with a Tritium-illuminated reticle.

acog2.jpg

It looks plain black in morning...

TA01_Red_Crosshair (1).jpg

....but the crosshair illuminates in low light conditions (not the same reticle but illustrates the point):

TA01NSN-5.jpg

Here's a clearer look at the sight picture with that particular reticle they are using (Trijicon offers dozens of different designs/combinations) -

TA01.jpg

rohit b3

Country flag
Okay guys , off topic . Since we are a sizable number of members here, can we DISLIKE all Youtube "Top 10 Special forces" Fanboy videos on Youtube without any of the Indian Special forces? I know its not the most mature thing to do, but thats exactly how the western fanboy community have popularized and perverted these lists. They worked together as a community for even Special forces of Canada, Poland for example.....even though they neither have had any large scale wars, nor any border disputes, nor any independent overseas operations (like our Sierra Leone, Maldives, Sri Lanka,etc).
Let alone any large scale Hostage rescue.

Just a few dislikes from our end should get them back in line.

Be it raids on Pakistan, or rescuing Maldivies or having the world's largest rescue op(Op Black Tornedo), they will simply not put us anywhere near the Top 10.
Lets utilize our large population do tap the Dislike bar ;)

MuzzleVelocity

Okay guys , off topic . Since we are a sizable number of members here, can we DISLIKE all Youtube "Top 10 Special forces" Fanboy videos on Youtube without any of the Indian Special forces? I know its not the most mature thing to do, but thats exactly how the western fanboy community have popularized and perverted these lists. They worked together as a community for even Special forces of Canada, Poland for example.....even though they neither have had any large scale wars, nor any border disputes, nor any independent overseas operations (like our Sierra Leone, Maldives, Sri Lanka,etc).

Be it raids on Pakistan, or rescuing Maldivies or having the world's largest rescue op(Op Black Tornedo), they will simply not put us anywhere near the Top 10.
Petty stuff. Who cares what a 17 year old virgin behind a laptop thinks?

Gessler

Country flag

It's because Indian SFs don't exist anywhere in pop culture. It was only since last 3-4 years that even our own Bollywood started taking to having SFs in movies in serious way (eventhough their 'serious' way is still comical). So how do we expect people in West to have a clue?

Whereas Western SOFs (even those from smaller European states) have been part of pop culture like movies, video games, Tom Clancy novels etc for easily 30-40 years or more.

When it comes to fanboy lists like these, exposure is what counts. Make no mistake - such lists are inconsequential, but if exposure is what we're looking for, we need to do it via soft power projection. A subtle example - Randeep Hooda in Extraction is portrayed as ex-Para SF.

If the Govt determines that such soft power projection is important (like the Chinese do) it's simply a matter of paying off Hollywood production houses & video-game publishers to feature more Indian SF in their productions in some way.

Me personally cannot be bothered to like or dislike such videos, I used to watch them when I was like 10-11 yrs old, not since then. But I'm just telling you how this exposure works.

armyofhind

Country flag

This has changed quite a bit though. You see channels like JaxVellex and Military Forces XXI Century featuring Indian SF now.

Now that it matters much in my opinion. Youtube fanboy-ism has ZERO relevance to real world capability.

rkhanna

Country flag

Please take this to other threads in this forum.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

i dont care.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's because Indian SFs don't exist anywhere in pop culture. It was only since last 3-4 years that even our own Bollywood started taking to having SFs in movies in serious way (eventhough their 'serious' way is still comical). So how do we expect people in West to have a clue?

Whereas Western SOFs (even those from smaller European states) have been part of pop culture like movies, video games, Tom Clancy novels etc for easily 30-40 years or more.

When it comes to fanboy lists like these, exposure is what counts. Make no mistake - such lists are inconsequential, but if exposure is what we're looking for, we need to do it via soft power projection. A subtle example - Randeep Hooda in Extraction is portrayed as ex-Para SF.

If the Govt determines that such soft power projection is important (like the Chinese do) it's simply a matter of paying off Hollywood production houses & video-game publishers to feature more Indian SF in their productions in some way.

Me personally cannot be bothered to like or dislike such videos, I used to watch them when I was like 10-11 yrs old, not since then. But I'm just telling you how this exposure works.
it’s a low hanging fruit but not inconsequential.

I can recognise clear shift in tone on how Indian Military is perceived before and after SS2 & Balakot strikes, and with now China standoff. There is a constituency in the world where people want pakistan & China to be taken on, and they were upset that US govt was side stepping the issue for a long time.

Now there is recognition that there is a country called India which is tackling both China & Pakistan at the same time, and many are now discovering the legacy of Indian military.

there is a term for it, it’s apparently called “Occupying the mind space” of other countries , one of the outcomes is soft power influence.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Any unit which fits the work of a commando or does work that a normal infantry unit doesn't do, is a special unit/force for me. That includes a VBSS commando to me!
What are those "work of Commandoes" that infantry can not do or is incapable of doing? And what do you imply by normal or abnormal infantry.....

While specifying the tasks please remain confined to military tasks only because Infantry units, unlike all other braggers and self worshippers, is a military task unit..

Going by this thread anyone who looks weird, cockeyed, abnormal or laden with some grass or instruments is an SF. The photo is the certificate.

By the way the first-ever successful helliborne operation carried out during war by a unit was in 1971 by 4/5GR(FF) in Sylhet that resulted in the surrender of a brigade and capture of the Sylhet garrison.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Why many officers from Special forces leave the army at the rank of Major that too without pension? I am sure the percentage of such premature retirements is higher when compared to other branches.Is it just because of the lucrative offers from private sector or because of any psychological factors?

rkhanna

Country flag
Why many officers from Special forces leave the army at the rank of Major that too without pension? I am sure the percentage of such premature retirements is higher when compared to other branches.Is it just because of the lucrative offers from private sector or because of any psychological factors?
Far higher burn out rate. The sheer amount of work it takes to keep your body at peak physical fitness coupled with a high tempo operational environment takes it toll. When the body starts to crack they can no longer operate at the level required at that point. They have two choices leave or continue in ghr conventional army. Continuing in the conventional army post SF is like eating bland food for the rest of your life. And most operators have don't make it to the upper reaches of command. So they leave while they are still young and relatively fit for the private sector or to pursue other passions jn life (I know a couple )

AZTEC

Country flag
THE KILLING OF HAFIZ SAEED

Dear Hafiz Mohammad Saeed,

A few days ago, you exhorted the Pakistan Army to seize the initiative and “teach India a lesson”. You stood at your pulpit, all fire and brimstone, and told the Pakistan Army that Kashmir was burning, and the people would be ready to rise in “revolt against Indian oppression”. It was time, you said.

‘Carpe Diem’ strategies cost you half your country in 1971.

Pakistan’s Army has a habit of punching above its weight. To paraphrase a famous Americanism, they always bring a knife to a gunfight. I doubt your rousing speech gave goose bumps to anyone of consequence. I, however, suspect a rise in cases of peptic ulcers amongst the good generals of Rawalpindi.

There is a thin line between an asset and an embarrassment. The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) was one such asset, which crossed the line. For you, there are only two ends. One, the Pakistan Army will, under pressure, disown you, leaving you to the proverbial dogs. Two, we will get a “kill order” and the boys from Sarsawa will pay you a visit.

The first option looks improbable. A deep sense of national insecurity, conventional inferiority and consistent military humiliation at India’s hands has forced Pakistan to clutch at straws. You are one such straw, this drawing gasps of horror from the world. Is this, what Pakistan’s last straw looks like?

Option two is more probable.

Sit back comfortably; I am about to explain to you the process leading to your very violent death. You must be attentive. These things are important.

A team of 8 “Special Group” (SG) operatives has gathered at CGO Complex, New Delhi for a mission briefing. A senior representative of RAW (Cabinet Secretariat) briefs the team. He is the mission controller. His code name is CACTUSLILY. The Special Group team leader is codenamed DRAGONFLY.

Today is D minus 7 (7 days before launch of the operation). The operation will be launched on D Day. Exfiltration will be on D Day. The operators have 7 days to rehearse.
D DAY

0015 hrs: The SG team takes flight in an Illushin IL 76 from Raja Sansi airport, Amritsar. The aircraft climbs to a height of 35,000 feet above sea level. The drop will be ahead of Ajnala in Indian Punjab. After dropping the load in Indian Territory, the IL 76 will take a steep turn to the right and fly back to Delhi. Ajnala (India) is 47 km from Muridke (Pakistan), as the crow flies.

0100 hrs: This is a HAHO jump (High Altitude High Opening). 10-15 seconds after the jump, the SG team deploy their parachutes. They are at a height of 32,000 feet and the outside temperature is -38 degrees. They are now gliding towards the International Border. The Pakistani radar cannot detect their movement, as their signature is negligible.
0110 hrs: The 8 Special Group operatives have now crossed into Pakistani airspace, undetected. They have the capability to glide for 35 kilometers before hitting the ground. DRAGONFLY adjusts his GPS and the rest of the team follows their leader. Height – 17,000 feet above sea level. Temperature is – 17 degrees.

0130 hrs: The SG operatives land at an isolated farmhouse outside Muridke. A local RAW agent, Mohammad Jamal is waiting for them with 2 black Toyota SUVs. The operatives quickly bury their parachutes and take off their jumping gear. They change into black tactical trousers and full sleeve collarless t-shirts. A black & white check keffiyeh is thrown around the neck. Radio frequencies are checked and locked. Watches are synchronized. Weapons check is done.

0145 hrs: DRAGONFLY is carrying an FN F2000 5.56 mm NATO standard issue bullpup assault rifle. In addition, he has a Glock 17 9mm pistol. He is connected to his team via a TCI Liberator 3 Duel Communication Headset. He carries RDX and C4 plastic explosives, with electrical detonators and 4 HE grenades. His team is equipped with a wide array of weaponry. A few operators carry the Israeli Tavor TAR 21. Some prefer to carry the HK 417, a 7.62 mm beast. These are the heavy hitters. An assortment of explosives, claymore mines and grenades make up this happy group. Each operator also carries a PNVD (Passive Night Vision Device).

0155 hrs: The 8 operators get into the two Toyota SUVs and drive off towards Muridke, with Mohammad Jamal guiding them.

0215 hrs: The 2 SUVs quietly enter the Siraj Town area of Muridke. In the next 7 minutes, they are at Faisal Park. Mohammad Jamal signals to DRAGONFLY. 5 minutes to fury. The roads are deserted and dark, except for a few pie dogs. Load shedding ensures that the streets are unlit. Perfect cover.

0225 hrs: The SUVs stop 200 meters behind the Jamaat ud Dawa gates. This is the headquarters of the Lashkar-e-Toiba. This is where Hafiz Mohammad Saeed lives.

0232 hrs: An SG operator scans to confirm intelligence reports. There are 2 guards at the main gate with AK47s. There are 7 other guards inside, each heavily armed.

0237 hrs: The guards are patrolling the gates, 20 meters apart. They are bored. Nothing has happened here in their memory. Without warning, an operator clamps his hand around the mouth of one of the guards, his knee pressing against the guard’s lower back. A Buckmaster knife slits the throat of the guard. The guard thrashes around in agony, blood gushing out of his throat. A few seconds later, the struggle becomes weaker. The guard stops moving. No sound. One down.

0239 hrs: The second guard is standing against the perimeter wall, wanting to ease his bladder. Unknown to him, a bright red laser dot appears at the back of his head. It is an operator with an HK 417, with a mounted silencer and a PNVD. There is a dull spitting sound and the guard’s head is blown off his shoulders. No sound. Two down.
Both bodies are pushed into the nearby drain.

0242 hrs: The team divides into two parts. Team One acts as the assault team and tactically moves to the residential quarters 300 meters to the right. Team Two positions two snipers to cover the exit of the assault team. The other two operators of the covering team start planting explosives and claymores.

0247 hrs: The assault team quickly moves near the residential block, taking care to avoid the moonlight. The loud throbbing of the diesel generator gives cover to the assault team. They slowly move up the stairs.

0249 hrs: The assault team takes a left turn and walks fifty paces. There is an armed guard visible outside a heavy wooden door, dozing on a stool. DRAGONFLY takes out his silenced Glock 17 and shoots the guard in the head. The soft 9 mm bullet enters the guard’s right temple and exits from the left side of the skull, taking away with it a part of the brain. The dead guard slips down from the stool, a pool of blood collecting near his face. Mercy killing. No sound. Three down.

0253 hrs: Soon there will be no element of surprise. It is now time for war. DRAGONFLY makes a hand signal and an operator moves to the heavy wooden main door. He places a C4 charge in 3 places on the heavy wooden door and connects them with a wire. The wire is connected to an electrical detonator, which is embedded into the C4. The other end of the wire is primed to a remote control device. Five, four, three, two, one…. GO. The plunger is pushed. With a sound like a thunderclap, the massive door disintegrates. DRAGONFLY rushes in, the other three operators following closely behind.

0257 hrs: The SG team starts searching the rooms, one by one. The first room has three dazed women. They are tied with plastic cuffs and locked in the room. The second room is empty. The third room has a portly middle-aged man with a long beard, wearing a white salwar-kameez, hiding behind a wooden almirah. “Dragonfly for Cactuslily, we have contact, over”, says DRAGONFLY into the headset. The FN F2000 comes up, the fire selector switch on automatic. A three round burst is fired into the chest of Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, Amir of the Lashkar-e-Toiba. Hafiz Saeed falls. DRAGONFLY walks up to a bleeding Hafiz and puts two rounds between the eyes. Hafiz Saeed’s head explodes.

0302 hrs: There are screams from below, sounds of confusion interspersed with gunfire. DRAGONFLY bends down, takes out his Buckmaster knife and cuts off Hafiz Saeed’s ear, and puts it in a sanitised plastic pouch. This will help in DNA confirmation later.

0305 hrs: The cover team watches the drama unfold. As the AK47 toting guards’ rush towards the residential block, SG snipers pick them off one by one.

0309 hrs: The assault team and the cover team are now back into their SUVs and driving off, with Mohammad Jamal driving with a peculiar sort of urgency known only to those who are very afraid.

0315 hrs: Police teams enter the Head Quarters of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa, five vehicles in all, with 30-armed policemen. The policemen collect near the main gate. At that exact time, an operator in the second SUV presses a button on his mobile phone using a Warid Telecom SIM card. 3 kg of RDX erupts from the ground. 18 policemen are killed immediately. The rest run into trip wires of systematically laid claymore mines; thousands of small steel balls tearing up living human flesh.

0333 hrs: The SG team is outside Muridke town, driving in pitch dark. DRAGONFLY locks his GPS to a grid reference. In 11 minutes, the GPS leads him to an open space in the outskirts of a village. Under the cover of a green hessian cloth is a Bell 429 helicopter. DRAGONFLY shakes Mohammad Jamal’s hand and starts the helicopter. The other operators load up. The SUVs are booby-trapped. As the rotors pick up speed, Mohammad Jamal runs to a shed and wheels out a rickety old motorcycle. He kick starts the bike and is soon lost in the dark and the dust.

0341 hrs: The Bell 429 takes off, soon reaching its maximum speed of 150 knots. DRAGONFLY takes care to fly it at 300 feet above the ground, to avoid radar. Radio contact is made with BSF to inform them of the exfiltration operation.

0359 hrs: SG operators enter Indian airspace.

Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, this is just one of the hundred ways we could kill you. The day is not far when the phone will ring and the voice at the other end of the line will tell us “Your mission has approval”.

When you were a young, naughty child and would not sleep, your mother would scare you by saying that a devil would come and eat you if you did not behave. Remember, you used to be so afraid!!! Look at this picture carefully and try to remember those stories. This is a soldier of the Indian Army Special Forces.

He is the man your mother warned you about.

Author: Major Gaurav Arya (Veteran)

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
THE KILLING OF HAFIZ SAEED

Dear Hafiz Mohammad Saeed,

A few days ago, you exhorted the Pakistan Army to seize the initiative and “teach India a lesson”. You stood at your pulpit, all fire and brimstone, and told the Pakistan Army that Kashmir was burning, and the people would be ready to rise in “revolt against Indian oppression”. It was time, you said.

‘Carpe Diem’ strategies cost you half your country in 1971.

Pakistan’s Army has a habit of punching above its weight. To paraphrase a famous Americanism, they always bring a knife to a gunfight. I doubt your rousing speech gave goose bumps to anyone of consequence. I, however, suspect a rise in cases of peptic ulcers amongst the good generals of Rawalpindi.

There is a thin line between an asset and an embarrassment. The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) was one such asset, which crossed the line. For you, there are only two ends. One, the Pakistan Army will, under pressure, disown you, leaving you to the proverbial dogs. Two, we will get a “kill order” and the boys from Sarsawa will pay you a visit.

The first option looks improbable. A deep sense of national insecurity, conventional inferiority and consistent military humiliation at India’s hands has forced Pakistan to clutch at straws. You are one such straw, this drawing gasps of horror from the world. Is this, what Pakistan’s last straw looks like?

Option two is more probable.

Sit back comfortably; I am about to explain to you the process leading to your very violent death. You must be attentive. These things are important.

A team of 8 “Special Group” (SG) operatives has gathered at CGO Complex, New Delhi for a mission briefing. A senior representative of RAW (Cabinet Secretariat) briefs the team. He is the mission controller. His code name is CACTUSLILY. The Special Group team leader is codenamed DRAGONFLY.

Today is D minus 7 (7 days before launch of the operation). The operation will be launched on D Day. Exfiltration will be on D Day. The operators have 7 days to rehearse.
D DAY

0015 hrs: The SG team takes flight in an Illushin IL 76 from Raja Sansi airport, Amritsar. The aircraft climbs to a height of 35,000 feet above sea level. The drop will be ahead of Ajnala in Indian Punjab. After dropping the load in Indian Territory, the IL 76 will take a steep turn to the right and fly back to Delhi. Ajnala (India) is 47 km from Muridke (Pakistan), as the crow flies.

0100 hrs: This is a HAHO jump (High Altitude High Opening). 10-15 seconds after the jump, the SG team deploy their parachutes. They are at a height of 32,000 feet and the outside temperature is -38 degrees. They are now gliding towards the International Border. The Pakistani radar cannot detect their movement, as their signature is negligible.
0110 hrs: The 8 Special Group operatives have now crossed into Pakistani airspace, undetected. They have the capability to glide for 35 kilometers before hitting the ground. DRAGONFLY adjusts his GPS and the rest of the team follows their leader. Height – 17,000 feet above sea level. Temperature is – 17 degrees.

0130 hrs: The SG operatives land at an isolated farmhouse outside Muridke. A local RAW agent, Mohammad Jamal is waiting for them with 2 black Toyota SUVs. The operatives quickly bury their parachutes and take off their jumping gear. They change into black tactical trousers and full sleeve collarless t-shirts. A black & white check keffiyeh is thrown around the neck. Radio frequencies are checked and locked. Watches are synchronized. Weapons check is done.

0145 hrs: DRAGONFLY is carrying an FN F2000 5.56 mm NATO standard issue bullpup assault rifle. In addition, he has a Glock 17 9mm pistol. He is connected to his team via a TCI Liberator 3 Duel Communication Headset. He carries RDX and C4 plastic explosives, with electrical detonators and 4 HE grenades. His team is equipped with a wide array of weaponry. A few operators carry the Israeli Tavor TAR 21. Some prefer to carry the HK 417, a 7.62 mm beast. These are the heavy hitters. An assortment of explosives, claymore mines and grenades make up this happy group. Each operator also carries a PNVD (Passive Night Vision Device).

0155 hrs: The 8 operators get into the two Toyota SUVs and drive off towards Muridke, with Mohammad Jamal guiding them.

0215 hrs: The 2 SUVs quietly enter the Siraj Town area of Muridke. In the next 7 minutes, they are at Faisal Park. Mohammad Jamal signals to DRAGONFLY. 5 minutes to fury. The roads are deserted and dark, except for a few pie dogs. Load shedding ensures that the streets are unlit. Perfect cover.

0225 hrs: The SUVs stop 200 meters behind the Jamaat ud Dawa gates. This is the headquarters of the Lashkar-e-Toiba. This is where Hafiz Mohammad Saeed lives.

0232 hrs: An SG operator scans to confirm intelligence reports. There are 2 guards at the main gate with AK47s. There are 7 other guards inside, each heavily armed.

0237 hrs: The guards are patrolling the gates, 20 meters apart. They are bored. Nothing has happened here in their memory. Without warning, an operator clamps his hand around the mouth of one of the guards, his knee pressing against the guard’s lower back. A Buckmaster knife slits the throat of the guard. The guard thrashes around in agony, blood gushing out of his throat. A few seconds later, the struggle becomes weaker. The guard stops moving. No sound. One down.

0239 hrs: The second guard is standing against the perimeter wall, wanting to ease his bladder. Unknown to him, a bright red laser dot appears at the back of his head. It is an operator with an HK 417, with a mounted silencer and a PNVD. There is a dull spitting sound and the guard’s head is blown off his shoulders. No sound. Two down.
Both bodies are pushed into the nearby drain.

0242 hrs: The team divides into two parts. Team One acts as the assault team and tactically moves to the residential quarters 300 meters to the right. Team Two positions two snipers to cover the exit of the assault team. The other two operators of the covering team start planting explosives and claymores.

0247 hrs: The assault team quickly moves near the residential block, taking care to avoid the moonlight. The loud throbbing of the diesel generator gives cover to the assault team. They slowly move up the stairs.

0249 hrs: The assault team takes a left turn and walks fifty paces. There is an armed guard visible outside a heavy wooden door, dozing on a stool. DRAGONFLY takes out his silenced Glock 17 and shoots the guard in the head. The soft 9 mm bullet enters the guard’s right temple and exits from the left side of the skull, taking away with it a part of the brain. The dead guard slips down from the stool, a pool of blood collecting near his face. Mercy killing. No sound. Three down.

0253 hrs: Soon there will be no element of surprise. It is now time for war. DRAGONFLY makes a hand signal and an operator moves to the heavy wooden main door. He places a C4 charge in 3 places on the heavy wooden door and connects them with a wire. The wire is connected to an electrical detonator, which is embedded into the C4. The other end of the wire is primed to a remote control device. Five, four, three, two, one…. GO. The plunger is pushed. With a sound like a thunderclap, the massive door disintegrates. DRAGONFLY rushes in, the other three operators following closely behind.

0257 hrs: The SG team starts searching the rooms, one by one. The first room has three dazed women. They are tied with plastic cuffs and locked in the room. The second room is empty. The third room has a portly middle-aged man with a long beard, wearing a white salwar-kameez, hiding behind a wooden almirah. “Dragonfly for Cactuslily, we have contact, over”, says DRAGONFLY into the headset. The FN F2000 comes up, the fire selector switch on automatic. A three round burst is fired into the chest of Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, Amir of the Lashkar-e-Toiba. Hafiz Saeed falls. DRAGONFLY walks up to a bleeding Hafiz and puts two rounds between the eyes. Hafiz Saeed’s head explodes.

0302 hrs: There are screams from below, sounds of confusion interspersed with gunfire. DRAGONFLY bends down, takes out his Buckmaster knife and cuts off Hafiz Saeed’s ear, and puts it in a sanitised plastic pouch. This will help in DNA confirmation later.

0305 hrs: The cover team watches the drama unfold. As the AK47 toting guards’ rush towards the residential block, SG snipers pick them off one by one.

0309 hrs: The assault team and the cover team are now back into their SUVs and driving off, with Mohammad Jamal driving with a peculiar sort of urgency known only to those who are very afraid.

0315 hrs: Police teams enter the Head Quarters of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa, five vehicles in all, with 30-armed policemen. The policemen collect near the main gate. At that exact time, an operator in the second SUV presses a button on his mobile phone using a Warid Telecom SIM card. 3 kg of RDX erupts from the ground. 18 policemen are killed immediately. The rest run into trip wires of systematically laid claymore mines; thousands of small steel balls tearing up living human flesh.

0333 hrs: The SG team is outside Muridke town, driving in pitch dark. DRAGONFLY locks his GPS to a grid reference. In 11 minutes, the GPS leads him to an open space in the outskirts of a village. Under the cover of a green hessian cloth is a Bell 429 helicopter. DRAGONFLY shakes Mohammad Jamal’s hand and starts the helicopter. The other operators load up. The SUVs are booby-trapped. As the rotors pick up speed, Mohammad Jamal runs to a shed and wheels out a rickety old motorcycle. He kick starts the bike and is soon lost in the dark and the dust.

0341 hrs: The Bell 429 takes off, soon reaching its maximum speed of 150 knots. DRAGONFLY takes care to fly it at 300 feet above the ground, to avoid radar. Radio contact is made with BSF to inform them of the exfiltration operation.

0359 hrs: SG operators enter Indian airspace.

Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, this is just one of the hundred ways we could kill you. The day is not far when the phone will ring and the voice at the other end of the line will tell us “Your mission has approval”.

When you were a young, naughty child and would not sleep, your mother would scare you by saying that a devil would come and eat you if you did not behave. Remember, you used to be so afraid!!! Look at this picture carefully and try to remember those stories. This is a soldier of the Indian Army Special Forces.

He is the man your mother warned you about.

Author: Major Gaurav Arya (Veteran)
Good as psychological warfare, but if India wanted/had the guts - all you have to do is fly a fighter aircraft w/ standoff PGM's or a land/ship based Brahmos battery to send a couple munitions hurtling towards Saeed's office/residence/known location.

Same for anyone else like Dawood or Lakhvi or Syed Salahuddin.

India chooses not to.

Waanar

Country flag
Good as psychological warfare, but if India wanted/had the guts - all you have to do is fly a fighter aircraft w/ standoff PGM's or a land/ship based Brahmos battery to send a couple munitions hurtling towards Saeed's office/residence/known location.

Same for anyone else like Dawood or Lakhvi or Syed Salahuddin.

India chooses not to.
That'd kill wayyy too many civilians depending on the region...

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
That'd kill wayyy too many civilians depending on the region...
Certain amount of collateral damage is acceptable.

If tomorrow we lose another 100+ people after terrorists trash a city like Mumbai; who gives a flying fuck if 15-20 civilians die along with the head of a massive terror group responsible for the attack? You just have to brazen it out like Israelis - turn the responsibility for dead civilians around on the terror group/their protectors within Pak Establishment.

There are multiple such options - you can even target them as they move in a vehicle (less damage). Point is, even if some people die, it doesn't matter, you have to draw a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles