Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
BREAKING NEWS!

India has ordered QUAD NODS for SF,
reports Sandeep Unnithan for India Today.

India's elite soldiers are getting US SOCOM-kit to replace several pieces of Israeli and Russian-origin equipment:

For those of you who don’t know, Sandeep Unnithan is a highly credible journalist; he was the first to report the existence of the K-missile family.
the joke is that all of the above or comparable stuff can be sourced from Indian industry.The world’s top SF units have entire teams in their support wing that focus on developing bespoke solutions.

Getting excited about purchasing some SCARs and dual tube NVGs from the US, come on guys. None of this is cutting edge tech GPNVG-18s are over a decade old at this point (not that Indian units will be getting them for decades)

AFSOD and it’s successor (INSOCOM) has to change this mentality. They need to become more mission focused and remember they have a strategic mandate. If there was such a sense there wouldn’t be this cheerleading for what are very very basic tactical equipment upgrades.
As I mentioned earlier, Sandeep Unnithan is a highly reliable journalist who works for India Today; he is not a noob. That image is NOT just for representation; it's accurate. Nevertheless, the army will never officially acknowledge this.
these are the same people that post images of SU-30MKIs are MiG-29s

and he’s admitted it was for representational purposes anyway.

The tactics used by Para SF are better than those used by US Army SF, said a Green Beret after exercise Yudh Abhyas 2011.

I am not sure whether this was noticed before so I am pointing this out now.

Here’s the quote put together by me:

Here is the full video and the link where I found this; it’s a must watch:
he said they had a different mindset, that’s it. Which makes sense given that they have entirely different training ethos and mandates.

he also said some of their tactics were inferior, the point of these exercises is to learn from one another not d!ck measure so please keep this kind of childish stuff away from analysis, it’s as cringe worthy as the ‘12-0’ scorecards reporter after Indradhanush that forced the RAF to clarify and I’m certain left a bad taste in the mouths of the British hosts.

daily reminder Of how broken the system is- Guinea SF

841150B5-0F44-45AA-BC6C-EEE6BC4916FC.jpeg

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
the joke is that all of the above or comparable stuff can be sourced from Indian industry.The world’s top SF units have entire teams in their support wing that focus on developing bespoke solutions.

Getting excited about purchasing some SCARs and dual tube NVGs from the US, come on guys. None of this is cutting edge tech GPNVG-18s are over a decade old at this point (not that Indian units will be getting them for decades)

AFSOD and it’s successor (INSOCOM) has to change this mentality. They need to become more mission focused and remember they have a strategic mandate. If there was such a sense there wouldn’t be this cheerleading for what are very very basic tactical equipment upgrades.

these are the same people that post images of SU-30MKIs are MiG-29s

and he’s admitted it was for representational purposes anyway.

he said they had a different mindset, that’s it. Which makes sense given that they have entirely different training ethos and mandates.

he also said some of their tactics were inferior, the point of these exercises is to learn from one another not d!ck measure so please keep this kind of childish stuff away from analysis, it’s as cringe worthy as the ‘12-0’ scorecards reporter after Indradhanush that forced the RAF to clarify and I’m certain left a bad taste in the mouths of the British hosts.

daily reminder Of how broken the system is- Guinea SF

View attachment 56072
That 12-0 RAF incident was started by the RAF.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That 12-0 RAF incident was started by the RAF.
Not afaik, Indian media cited IAF sources then RAF rebutted

These sorts of things always seem to happen after IAF does these sort of exercises. Western AFs do them far more often and I’ve never heard any such reports of scorecards being presented- that’s not the point of these exs

AZTEC

Country flag
Western AFs do them far more often and I’ve never heard any such reports of scorecards being presented-
You may need to keep both eyes open. The one famous 'scorecard' I've heard of is from the Raptor versus Rafale dogfight, for instance.

I never denied the fact that, as of now, our SF is way behind the west in terms of doctrine, equipment, and to some extent, training. I only tried to imply that our SF is not completely hopeless by throwing up some facts.

Best Regards
AZTEC

AZTEC

Country flag

Postscript: I did indulge in "d!ck measure"; its "childish" on your part to infer this from my post. Thank you; such a warm welcome for a new member!

Analogically, should I consider your "daily reminder Of how broken the system is" an attempt to "d!ck measure"? Nevertheless, Papua New Guinea is a geopolitically insignificant country; it really doesn't matter how and what their special forces look like and are like.

Best Regards,
AZTEC

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

These sorts of things always seem to happen after IAF does these sort of exercises. Western AFs do them far more often and I’ve never heard any such reports of scorecards being presented- that’s not the point of these exs
It was started by NDTV's Vishnu Som, most likely made an off the record comment public.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Postscript: I did indulge in "d!ck measure"; its "childish" on your part to infer this from my post. Thank you; such a warm welcome for a new member!

Analogically, should I consider your "daily reminder Of how broken the system is" an attempt to "d!ck measure"? Nevertheless, Papua New Guinea is a geopolitically insignificant country; it really doesn't matter how and what their special forces look like and are like.

Best Regards,
AZTEC
Feel free to go through this thread when you have time to see the context in which my comments were made.

let’s be honest and open minded in this subject, hiding behind some kind words spoken one time to the media aren’t going to help indian SFs see at night.

no one has said indian SF aren’t competent soldiers but they are practically useless as Special forces in the true sense of the word in 2020.

and yes they are in insignificant country which makes it even more unpalatable that they have contemporary equipment and Indian SFs looks like sub-Saharan militiamen

It was started by NDTV's Vishnu Som, most likely made an off the record comment public.
this is my recollection also, Indian media started the entire debacle off. It was unprofessional to share the details and even worse for the media to report it in such a jingoistic fashion

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

As far as i remember before even going to UK the IAF was very keen on settling score.

It was due to a previous exercise in which the RAF claimed something like this in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles