Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waanar

Country flag

Now, this is just some futuristic stuff. I hear the British Military is trialing it for it's VBSS teams and some other units as well.

Just look at those cops dude. These are local coppers, not even SWAT and their muzzle discipline, communication and movement (although sloppy at times, blame the platform) is on point.

Imagine not having to engage cut outs but live, actual animated targets without any cost.

I especially love the addition of the civvie recording the cops. In any real time scenario, he'd have been shot after having his phone mistaken for a gun.
Imagine recreating the chaos of screams, dead bodies and the general horrors of CT operations and warfare in general.
Compare this to NSG's expensive and once in an year approach to exercises.
No actors, no OPFOR personnel needed! You don't need to rob a few constables of Haryana Police anymore! No disruption of the general public needed!
All you need is a large cricket stadium and you can simulate an Airport clearing exercise!
I don't agree that this is a replacement for actually doing exercises in those areas but it's an excellent supplement when Air India refuses to give a plane for some duck hunt (happens more often than you'd think ☹ ).

THIS, is the future, gentlemen.
A few fine touches and polish applied and this is the biggest bang for the buck in the newest breakthrough in a modern military's (Mainly CTs and Urban warfare units) training methods.

The best part?
The boys will absolutely love it, no matter how much the Ustad tries to ruin it for them. 😛

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Yeah aadmi apni hi marketing karta rehta hai.. Bhai Sahab.
But at least people are getting to know about valour special forces because of these guy's.
Just like in western countries where SF carry very high regard in movie's and game's.
And who knows marketing of bravery of SF can end up forcing armed forces and government to update them.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Lol so we are back to 90s era Rambo style action films? URI was a one off in terms of realism I guess. Berets during real world Ops? Ffs, I expected better considering Shiv Aroor was involved and he’s anal about factchecking and details on Twitter.

anyway surgical strikes have been covered to death- the documentary from history (?) and the URI film were as good as it gets. Wish they would start out by covering the less well known SF missions that are contained in the book(s) like the mission of Major Mohit Sharma

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Lol so we are back to 90s era Rambo style action films? URI was a one off in terms of realism I guess. Berets during real world Ops? Ffs, I expected better considering Shiv Aroor was involved and he’s anal about factchecking and details on Twitter.

anyway surgical strikes have been covered to death- the documentary from history (?) and the URI film were as good as it gets. Wish they would start out by covering the less well known SF missions that are contained in the book(s) like the mission of Major Mohit Sharma
Heard some movie on the Sierraleone mission is coming starring SRK.I wish there are movies on Para SF/SG missions during 90s and early 2000s when Kashmiri militancy was at its peak

Rohan Naik

Country flag
But at least people are getting to know about valour special forces because of these guy's.
Just like in western countries where SF carry very high regard in movie's and game's.
And who knows marketing of bravery of SF can end up forcing armed forces and government to update them.
That channel should market the movie, not him. He can retweet any communication from SonyLiv, no doubt. But he is a journalist first and anything else later. I have seen him acting heroic in a lot of instances. As if he is some James Bond... I regard his intelligence but focus from original profession shouldn't be digressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles