Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya g

Country flag

operatorgrumby

Country flag

WARREN SS

Country flag
All You Need 60,000 $(Rs 4525290) Per Soldier For Tier-1 Gear Matched With Any Tier-1 Force

For 3000 Operatives Of Armed Forces Special Operations Division (AFSOD)

To Look like This
1500 Crores in Indian currency or 200 Million $

file.jpg

Last edited:

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
All You Need 60,000 $(Rs 4525290) Per Soldier For Tier-1 Gear Matched With Any Tier-1 Force

To Look like This

View attachment 49346
This is definitely doable if a seperate budget is allocated to the AFSOD.
Also as most of the things you seen in the picture can be sourced through local companies like Tonbo, MKU, SMPP, SSS, it will be way cheaper.

WARREN SS

Country flag
This is definitely doable if a seperate budget is allocated to the AFSOD.
Also as most of the things you seen in the picture can be sourced through local companies like Tonbo, MKU, SMPP, SSS, it will be way cheaper.
Actually My Cost Is For Top End Gear out there Available

EOTech HHS-1: The EXPS3-4 Holographic Optic With G33 3x Magnifier
L-3/Harris Ground Panoramic Night Vision Goggle (GPNVG-18)
FN-SCAR H
SCAR Suppressor
3M™ Ballistic Helmet F70
Level 5 Grade BPJ
500-PNR Tadiran & VHF & RF sets

Few Logistic ETC,

rkhanna

Country flag
Standing position means they are using it as an Assault Rifle. DMR ya LMG requirement hota to usually bipod deploy karte hai.
From this position either they are laying supression fire or he is using the scope to get eyes on

Interestingly I see more and more double tapped magazines on m4 and tavors and aks now. Way more prevalent. Maybe high time they start learning quicker mag changes but for those you need different kind of chest rigs.

The problem with the double tapped js that the quick mag change is only effective for the first mag then you have to pull from the pouches. the set up is primary incase of an ambush and the soldiers need to dominate with fire superiority. Learning new shooting drills with quicker mag changes would remove the one mag handicap

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
From this position either they are laying supression fire or he is using the scope to get eyes on

Interestingly I see more and more double tapped magazines on m4 and tavors and aks now. Way more prevalent. Maybe high time they start learning quicker mag changes but for those you need different kind of chest rigs.

The problem with the double tapped js that the quick mag change is only effective for the first mag then you have to pull from the pouches. the set up is primary incase of an ambush and the soldiers need to dominate with fire superiority. Learning new shooting drills with quicker mag changes would remove the one mag handicap
Which depends on the distance you are at.

At close ranges switching to a secondary weapon is more fast than changing magizines.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yaaay

I am very happy Garuds are in action.

This is the only way forward.
proper mag doublers instead of taped like was seen with “that” SF team and their M4s.

I’ve heard Garuds in JK are much more equipment focused and I think images of them deployed highlight this. Almost all of them have proper plate carriers. Just want to see them with high cuts and integrated comns then I can die happy.

+ also hear Garuds train more with each operator having individual comns.

won’t need a different chest rig IMO- usual approach to having double stacked mags is you have The twin mag on your weapon and once you’re through the 50-60 rounds on the rifle you switch to the singles from your chest. This is how NSG does it.

The assault team didn’t seem to have double stacked mags but the over watch did which makes sense- the added weight on the back isn’t desirable for an assaulter imo and the Tavor is a very very well balanced rifle. It is designed specifically to allow a soldier to hold it comfortably resting on a wall in front of him at a checkpoint for hours. Another mag at the back will throw this off.

+ it’s interesting that Garuds are emphasising more loaded mags, I remember that drum mag RFI for their Tavors too. Seems JK lessons are trickling in and they are responding. Whether these are the correct solutions I can’t say but it’s very positive to see these experiments going on and evolution taking place. Like I’ve said constantly it seems PARA SF have stood still for 10+ years, especially the deployed teams. Maybe it will take Garuds and MARCOs in theatre to get them to wake up.

abingdonboy

Country flag
hey can i get a list or a link maybe?
It’s a few pages back bro, if you haven’t found it let me know and I’ll search it out for you
Please move these discussions to the modernization of Indian special forces thread here- https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/modernization-of-indian-special-forces.82216/

Will make it neat and easier to read and @abingdonboy and @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR can bash to their heart's content with no one interrupting. :laugh:
no offence but I doubt I’ll be posting there unless there’s a specific discussion that needs to be had.

don’t see why this thread can’t be the place for the discussion it’s the special forces thread not special forces images thread after all.You can separate equipment from tactics, it’s all relevant. Having one page for modernisation and another for ongoing ops will just duplicate discussions and take away the dynamism of the conversation.

just my opinion anyway.

Waanar

Country flag

To Look like This

View attachment 49346
I remember looking up and calculating the cost of top of the line gear and we all know individual orders cost far more than bulk but, by my estimates, the cost went to no more than 25 lakh INR.
This was with Dual tube NVG. The costliest gear SOFs use currently is GPNVGs. That alone is like 1/3 of the entire cost and would raise it to 35 lakhs, give or take.

Bhai, don't give GPNVG but at least get them the rest. We have good homegrown companies too...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
If me abingdonboy,argon prime,warren ss etc leave the thread then there will just be

Unknown commando posting the pic.

Random dudes saying Jai ho

And one gentleman who answers questions with multiple questions.
Yah, the questions you never answer because you do not know the answers. Why be afraid of admitting it. be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles