Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
There Ample Task for them Within Intelligence Apparatus and security situation India facing in Subcontinent

First If Raise Unconventional war or insurgency Against are Adversary

Creation Of Multi black ops units on the Line on TSD For Plausible deniability

There are multiple theaters for Indian AFSOD
Establish black sites on the lines OF CIA inside Nepal ,Srilanka,Mynmmar Afghanistan
For Launching Ops

There thousand of Scopes If Establishment Want Real Action

Wrong
  1. Its Spend On Infrastructure And Salaries And Pensions Provide you health care From MH IA has To pay 3 million+ Active +retired (40%)Personnel
  2. Some Spend on already Committed Projects And defense deals Like Maintenance of SFC(Nuclear)
  3. Maintenance of WWR And Warehouses Some are Open for Audit Some Are classified
  4. Rest goes To Maintenance of DSPU's And OFB
  5. Some Committed On R&D (DRDO & LABS )
  6. Rest Is Capex For Buying New weapons

Indian Military budget in 4,713.78 billion($66.9 Billion )+ Excluding Classified Black budget (R&AW ,NTRO,NATGRID,DIA Etc )
Psst...
Intelligence agencies have their own tasks and budgets to perform those tasks ... and their on snakes and Vipers and Cobras... who they spend on for ultra modern photoshoot dresses..

If they do no pay for it why should they have the right to task Services SFs....

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Modernization of special forces is a much bigger and broader topic, which deserved to be discussed in a open forum.

Even if a certain sof is well equipped,the concept of modernizing it with cutting edge equipment is a constant battle. Such topics deserves a separate thread,and it'll be plenty useful for those wants to get updated on this topic.

Current sf thread plays as a multi purpose thread,which often leads to unnecessary arguments. The way I see it,some people just want to get updates on sf related news, and others more interested in the modernization aspects of it.

My suggestion is,let the current sf thread used for updates,news on sf related content.(As a documentation of sorts) and the below modernization thread for discussing the required gears,shortcomings of the SF units.

Since the thread solely created on the premises of modernization,everyone can freely express their point of view without derailing the thread.

The ground rule is this,any news,updates,personnel change,pictures,etc can be discussed in the current thread.

Any lack of equipments,or the gears you would like to see can be discussed in the modernization thread.

Lets say a member sees a sf picture or news in the sf thread and feels that unit is under equipped they can share that view on the modernization thread.

That way everyone wins. Setting up a ground rule will increase the quality of discussion,that's why I proposed it. I want your opinion on this,

What say you DFIans,especially @ALBY ?

Can we move forward in good faith?

Regards,

Last edited:

Lupus

Country flag
When and where did I blame the SF..?

I also did not blame the Generals like you are doing it as a single point agenda...

Now SOD is coming up ... but there would be generals there too?

Is the "general" a problem? Well then you may stay in any world, that is not going to happen even if you fill the entire webspace in the world with all expletives...

Army is a witness to what happens to SFs when placed under someone else command. How empires are built around them for someone else to hog the heavy budgets and warm high ranking chairs...
Another diversionary tactic, sir. Rather than countering my arguments with solid rebuttals, you chose to employ ad hominem and declared that I have an agenda. You're acting as if ISI transfers a million dollars in my account each time I point out a shortcoming in our SF's preparedness. That's not how it works. I'm not flying to some beach in Florida in my private jet surrounded by hot females.

Lemme tell you a story, sir -

I see govt give 100 RS to military > military/MoD waste most of it and spend only like 10 RS for capital procurement > then Jernail/Babu's whine that they need 1000 RS to get things done > I point out on DFI that govt doesn't have that kind of money, they need get over wastefulness and spend the money smartly > you declare I have an agenda

I'm not against Generals, sir. All countries need Generals to win wars. I actually have immense respect for all the good generals who have contributed to keep us safe. I'm against stupid and complicit Generals/Bureaucrats whose nonsense is costing us invaluable lives.

I love the last part where you subtly dropped a nuke against NSG and similar units without taking any names. The post of DG, NSG was originally offered to an army officer but he thought it was beneath his dignity. So it was naturally given to a civilian IPS, they worked hard to make NSG an impressive outfit and today fauz talks shit about NSG. Fauz doesn't seem to like SPG either. It's just so stupid.

Generals see NSG/SPG with proper gear, equipment, weaponry and better tactics. And rather than engaging with them to examine and replicate their procurement procedures in military, they resort to inter service sniping and call them showmen.

It pains me greatly to see this chutiyapa run amok sir and we GADDARS with agenda say a thing or two about it here in DFI, hoping just hoping that it many engender enough awareness in our fellow countrymen to make some difference. That's my agenda.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Another diversionary tactic, sir. Rather than countering my arguments with solid rebuttals, you chose to employ ad hominem and declared that I have an agenda. You're acting as if ISI transfers a million dollars in my account each time I point out a shortcoming in our SF's preparedness. That's not how it works. I'm not flying to some beach in Florida in my private jet surrounded by hot females.

Lemme tell you a story, sir -

I see govt give 100 RS to military > military/MoD waste most of it and spend only like 10 RS for capital procurement > then Jernail/Babu's whine that they need 1000 RS to get things done > I point out on DFI that govt doesn't have that kind of money, they need get over wastefulness and spend the money smartly > you declare I have an agenda

I'm not against Generals, sir. All countries need Generals to win wars. I actually have immense respect for all the good generals who have contributed to keep us safe. I'm against stupid and complicit Generals/Bureaucrats whose nonsense is costing us invaluable lives.

I love the last part where you subtly dropped a nuke against NSG and similar units without taking any names. The post of DG, NSG was originally offered to an army officer but he thought it was beneath his dignity. So it was naturally given to a civilian IPS, they worked hard to make NSG an impressive outfit and today fauz talks shit about NSG. Fauz doesn't seem to like SPG either. It's just so stupid.

Generals see NSG/SPG with proper gear, equipment, weaponry and better tactics. And rather than engaging with them to examine and replicate their procurement procedures in military, they resort to inter service sniping and call them showmen.

It pains me greatly to see this chutiyapa run amok sir and we GADDARS with agenda say a thing or two about it here in DFI, hoping just hoping that it many engender enough awareness in our fellow countrymen to make some difference. That's my agenda.
You read your post again and see the miserable rants therein.

You clearly do not understand the working of Fauz at all, let alone the budget-making process or process involved in making any small item as part of issue item..

SF equipment, outfit item and technology is changing by days if not by hours. Army or Services system is not structured and geared to cater for such rapid changes that require flexibility in the system of demand, acceptance, budgeting procurement and distribution.,,

No one will equip the desert SF for jungles and HAA but would not hesitate to use them in Muskow Valley if need be.... that definitely is the irony of Indian environment, In spite of Services having their dedicated SF organization in the system, it has no freedom and functions only a cog in the wheel..

SOD will hopefully get over the problems provided once again that they are free to procure things outside MoD bureaucratic logjams like NSG. I have my doubts in that. MoD and Def Finance have only one aim- how to deny, delay and disrupt and SOD can not function free of those elements.

The largest problem of Army is of being too many and too much - as least that is the argument advanced. This problem can not be surmounted by detaching oneself from too many and then say look now I am not part of the behemoth.
CAPF have shown that in spite of being too many they still retain their freedom from bureaucracy.

Indian Army SF have lot of issues to iron out which includes overcoming the problems of their task specialization dilemmas, theatre dilemmas, terrain dilemmas, affiliation dilemmas, Command and control dilemmas, Flexibility in all those aspects dilemmas, dedicated assets, training, infrastructure, intake, retention. Cadre management and career progression dilemmas. Things are going to be difficult in their march to freedom.

About NSG, stop peddling the propaganda that DG NSG was ever offered to Army. That is not true, Even the post that are there were taken with lots of struggle with the sole purpose of the good of the Army boys there.. NSG might have exposed some of our SF boys to some new equipment, environment. tactics and techniques but that organization have infected most the guys who go there with very harmful Police culture and ethos. What has NSG given to the Services except a few disenchanted officers going as Security managers of well paying private industry? or maybe rest and recoup to most already exhausted boys.. Nothing at all...

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
arent the square plates uncomfortable when shouldering a rifle?

IMG_20190803_171922.png

Most plate inserts aren't flat.
Not sure about rear ones.
30126932_1601506979896418_5758245774525726720_o~01~01.jpg
Screenshot_20190414_174039.jpg

These inserts are usually smaller than chest-abdomen and back so no issues during firing.
Screenshot_20200309-023133_Instagram.jpg

Here's something interesting. Ballistic shield made of armour inserts. Look at the curve.

Tanmay

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles