Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Uniform doesnt make a soldier.

Equipment doesn't make a SF. :shoot:

I think some people have no understanding of the concept of equipment leads to skill which leads to kill.

In our generation thanks to video games like PUBG youngsters have a basic knowledge that if you dont have a motherfucking scope you cannot engage anyone at long range effectively no matter which Sunny Deol movie character you are.

Also people know that there is a difference between binocular, monocular and quad NVG in terms of situational awareness and other factors which helps in kill.

Also people know that if you have technology you use the night to your full advantage which we dont because most of our units sre night blind.

Hahaha the level of intelligence of counter argument is such that i am expecting a reply like..you havent served in kashmir and we train to fight like a owl with time.

Basics of uniform i cannot impart because i am a phucking armchair warrior and if the academy doesnt teach that i am no one.

Oh we are in for combat effectiveness..How come the best Army in the world in terms of everything ie USA still makes it bloody punishable to not mess around with the uniform unless it is under cover ops.

And if i keep my patriotism aside and think logically which i make a point to do then i dont think there is any Army with more combat experience than US..so if they can wear the uniform and give it importance why cant we.

Instead of reading about the new technology and how it is changing warfare who are we defending?

The big bosses!!!???

Coz i havent come across a single post saying that our soldiers or YOs are at fault.

And no one has ever said that Indian SF cant do the job.

What is a fucking fact that they are shabbily dressed and equipped is below sf standards is brought up.

Yeh mulk k sath gaddari he toh bhai sabko pata he chutiapa kaun kar raha he.

Immanuel

Country flag
oh really? What about Pathankot when Garuds got cut down by some Paki terrorists? What about EDI where PARA (SF) lost entire elements to holed up terrorists?

I’m sick of seeing this nonsense paraded around as fact. I’m yet to see any evidence that the weapon handling and tactics of these SF units is anything special. They seem to have worse capabilities than US SF had 25+ years ago- look up any training video and it will confirm this. PARA SF/Garuds/MARCOs have sloppy and haphazard drills that don’t seem to reflect modern warfighting lessons.

USAF security forces (military police) seem to have more solid room clearing tactics than India’s most elite units. Certainly they have much better equipment.

How many times do we have to have this conversation? It’s not a fetish for equipment. It’s not a superficial judgment.

Capabilities flow FROM equipment. Unless you think there’s some superhuman quality in Indian waters that gives birth to freakish unnatural abilities like seeing in the dark or having bullets bounce off their manly chests?

I do have the question the abilities of a force that thinks it’s sensible to run around today with a rag on their head, a field load carrier on their chest and a pistol holster incorrectly strapped to the front of their thigh.

it shows a lack of seriousness.

Compare them to even an modern infantry unit in the US where head to toe the equipment is heard towards enhancing combat effectiveness and has had genuine thought go into its development.

or do you actually think countries spend $100,000s on equipping individual SF operators just for fun?

take out the Tavor or M4 I’d be surprised if the average SF soldier in India gets $300 USD worth of equipment issued to them.

we are still here arguing about the pros and cons of making Indian SF not look like an African militia meanwhile the Africans themselves are emulating Western top line units.

I don’t understand why some make out this is somehow an impossible task that for some reason Indian SF are so unique that they must remain stuck in the 1960s equipment wise. That new equipment is inherently flawed and won’t make them even 1% more effective.

Stop making excuses for mediocrity, in any other discipline these losers would’ve been demoted or fired long ago. Celebrating these units perpetuates the problem.
Yeah nigga really. Pathankot, 1 Garud lost his life (took 6 bullets and kept fighting), another got injured in a sneak ambush attack (no amount of NVD would have prevented that, all one needs is a carefully hidden well trained pig. The rest of squad prevented the Pigs from entering the Strategic area of the base. Success at hefty cost to life, but success nonetheless.
There were obvious failures in the base protection but bases come under attack be it US bases in Afghan (which are perhaps better secured) yet security is often breached. You seem to think finding 6 pigs or unknown number of pigs at that time in a densely populated sprawling 20km2 base which also has villages. Those Pigs got fried anyways. Also you seem to think the Pigs they send across are some run of the mill militia type from Syria, Afghan, Iraq. These are Fidayeen Pigs who are the most well trained of those Pigs with SSG and ISI training. only 1 in 200 are selected for such ops. They are essentially Commando pigs. 🐷

3 Para SF lost their lives not entire elements like you claim, 1 lion Capt. Pawan Kumar lost his after killing over several pigs over the previous weeks before EDI. He lead from the front while there were civilians in the building. Evacuations were ongoing and the Pigs unloaded with heavy automatic fire and with hand grenades. Sadly his luck ran out. We can go on about landing helos and entering from multiple entry points but with civilians at risk, they did not have time to plan. You probably aren't aware that those Pigs don't take hostages and killing as many is their game. Not to mention there was stone pelting going on at that time. We could even say NSG should have been called in but that's a decision that comes from higher up and one works with what is available readily. Niggas yap about how a XYZ SF clears rooms and floors, all well in a kill house not in the real world when there are civilian lives at stake. Half those 'fo show SF niggas' will do a lot worse when the glove is on the other hand probably because they have little or no experience of proper hostage takers, fidayeens and such heavily armed Pigs.

No nigga, you are dead wrong, capability flows from the people on the ground and decisions taken when there is time pressure amidst the fog. You seem to think objects (no matter how sophisticated) have innate ability to make decisions for you. Not yet nigga, not yet. 2 Para SF 9 operatives died even after recon with drones.

Do you want me to list all such fatalities among SEALS, Green Berets and DELTAs in Afghan, Iraq in close quarters.

Nigga at this point you downright sound like a Puki troll, hence talking anal leakage garbage about men who bled and died leading from the front is not beneath you.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Yeah nigga really. Pathankot, 1 Garud lost his life (took 6 bullets and kept fighting), another got injured in a sneak ambush attack (no amount of NVD would have prevented that, all one needs is a carefully hidden well trained pig. The rest of squad prevented the Pigs from entering the Strategic area of the base. Success at hefty cost to life, but success nonetheless.
There were obvious failures in the base protection but bases come under attack be it US bases in Afghan (which are perhaps better secured) yet security is often breached. You seem to think finding 6 pigs or unknown number of pigs at that time in a densely populated sprawling 20km2 base which also has villages. Those Pigs got fried anyways. Also you seem to think the Pigs they send across are some run of the mill militia type from Syria, Afghan, Iraq. These are Fidayeen Pigs who are the most well trained of those Pigs with SSG and ISI training. only 1 in 200 are selected for such ops. They are essentially Commando pigs. 🐷

3 Para SF lost their lives not entire elements like you claim, 1 lion Capt. Pawan Kumar lost his after killing over several pigs over the previous weeks before EDI. He lead from the front while there were civilians in the building. Evacuations were ongoing and the Pigs unloaded with heavy automatic fire and with hand grenades. Sadly his luck ran out. We can go on about landing helos and entering from multiple entry points but with civilians at risk, they did not have time to plan. You probably aren't aware that those Pigs don't take hostages and killing as many is their game. Not to mention there was stone pelting going on at that time. We could even say NSG should have been called in but that's a decision that comes from higher up and one works with what is available readily. Niggas yap about how a XYZ SF clears rooms and floors, all well in a kill house not in the real world when there are civilian lives at stake. Half those 'fo show SF niggas' will do a lot worse when the glove is on the other hand probably because they have little or no experience of proper hostage takers, fidayeens and such heavily armed Pigs.

No nigga, you are dead wrong, capability flows from the people on the ground and decisions taken when there is time pressure amidst the fog. You seem to think objects (no matter how sophisticated) have innate ability to make decisions for you. Not yet nigga, not yet. 2 Para SF 9 operatives died even after recon with drones.

Do you want me to list all such fatalities among SEALS, Green Berets and DELTAs in Afghan, Iraq in close quarters.

Nigga at this point you downright sound like a Puki troll, hence talking anal leakage garbage about men who bled and died leading from the front is not beneath you.
There’s no point in banging your head on a brick wall. This thread will go on for eternity with CoD warriors with a clear inferiority complex whining about dress and equipment without analyzing the actual results on the ground.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@Bhadra - In Indian Army system, who is responsible to:

a. train the troops
a. equip the troops

Is it the Regimental Centre or Formation? Does my question make sense?
Yes very much...
Training as a subject in the Army is a command as also a staff function. the responsibilities of one of the Dy Chiefs of Army Staff who discharged this function primarily through ARTRAC (Training Command), DGMT and DGs of Line Directorate, There are four categories of training namely Inter-Services training, General training, Special to Corps and Operation training. Interservice training and institutions are controlled by CDS. General training by Army Cdr ARTRAC and DGMT, other two types as described below.

* Technical training as applicable to the Corps to which soldiers belong. This training is called "Special to Corps". The DG of that particular Corps controls that training through control of training Institutions special to that Corps and publication of training material on the subject. Such as DG Infantry controls Regimental centers, Infantry School, Junior Leaders wings, CIJW School and HAWS. Similarly DGEME would command EME training Centers and EME Engineering College.

Operation Training. This is the responsibility of the Six operational Commands who train the troops in the operational roles. Operational commands have specific terrain types and operational scenarios and the troops are required to be trained in their operational task, say operations in High Altitude or Operations in Desert. This function is carried out by Comand and Corps having their own battle schools and by training through Chain of command. Training as a command function is carried out by formations and units and they are assessed in operational roles annually through tests and exercises. Those who are deployed directly in operational roles ae made to do training capsules through battle schools and then on the job training and refresher cadres.

HQ AETRAC controls all category A training institutions, general training, Courses and general supervision of training in the Indian Army.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

I think some people have no understanding of the concept of equipment leads to skill which leads to kill.

In our generation thanks to video games like PUBG youngsters have a basic knowledge that if you dont have a motherfucking scope you cannot engage anyone at long range effectively no matter which Sunny Deol movie character you are.

Also people know that there is a difference between binocular, monocular and quad NVG in terms of situational awareness and other factors which helps in kill.

Also people know that if you have technology you use the night to your full advantage which we dont because most of our units sre night blind.

Hahaha the level of intelligence of counter argument is such that i am expecting a reply like..you havent served in kashmir and we train to fight like a owl with time.

Basics of uniform i cannot impart because i am a phucking armchair warrior and if the academy doesnt teach that i am no one.

Oh we are in for combat effectiveness..How come the best Army in the world in terms of everything ie USA still makes it bloody punishable to not mess around with the uniform unless it is under cover ops.

And if i keep my patriotism aside and think logically which i make a point to do then i dont think there is any Army with more combat experience than US..so if they can wear the uniform and give it importance why cant we.

Instead of reading about the new technology and how it is changing warfare who are we defending?

The big bosses!!!???

Coz i havent come across a single post saying that our soldiers or YOs are at fault.

What is a fucking fact that they are shabbily dressed and equipped is below sf standards is brought up.

why dont our guys use the night to their advantage?
i have heard multiple times how militants have escaped at night or how ops had to be stopped at night.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I find it very funny that..

On one hand people will go to LAC thread and say Chinese war is imminent Cannot be taken lightly...Brace for impact.

And same people will come here and say we do not need any upgrade for SF.

Everything is fine.We dont need any upgradations for any arm.

And others..How can you justify a Top SF unit killing pussy terrorists for breakfast as an indication of no equipment is required.

God forbid..if we have a war with china and if we get a bloody nose..these people will turn around and blame the equipment just as we are doing it right now.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

so the paras are just as good as the Seals etc even without all the force multipliers modern sf units emloy...the seals must be wasting their money then, maybe socom should learn from you.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IA do conduct night time raids,even yesterday night RR launched a night time op,by the time of day break, three terrorists were apprehended.

#BreakingNews

Nocturnal anti militancy ops launched by Joint team of security forces including 1RR & SOG in #Frisal area of South Kashmir's #Kulgam district, searches being conducted in the area after getting inputs about the presence of militants. Officials to
@SudarshanNewsTV

Security forces launch cordon and search operation at many places in South #Kashmir from early this morning. Hope for the best.

#BREAKING: #Budgam police and 53RR of #IndianArmy nabs a top #LeT terror associate Wasim Ganie of #Beerwah along with 3 other OGWs- Faruk Ahmad Dar, Mohd Yasin & Azharudin Mir- during cordon and search ops; arms, ammunition and other incriminating material has also been recovered

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@Bhadra - In Indian Army system, who is responsible to:

a. train the troops
a. equip the troops

Is it the Regimental Centre or Formation? Does my question make sense?
Second Part of the question? Equipment -!!
This a hard nut to crack. This a big bureaucracy. Big is not sufficient to describe it. I would say it is a blind well..

As Army HQ like any other organization is divided into Staff and Line Directorates. Line directorates assess the requirements of equipment of their Corps and get an item listed as part of WET or PET and project it to staff who then procures it and provides to the troops. That mainly includes MGO and, QMG and DGOL.

Getting an item listed as authorization as part of WET or PET even if it is a needle requires the approval the concerned specialist directorate, then Babus of MoD or even higherup Cabinet depending on financial implications. When approved, then it becomes part of a general list of procurement, given to MGOS, who will tender it. tenders will be approved, items procures and given to Ordinance depots to Ordinance units so on and so on.. Item will land up with soldiers after ten years.

There is no system of procurements of items by local commanders or COs. They have no budgets and no financial powers. Only Army Commanders have limited financial powers that too to meet special requirements and not buy items in CES.

Army that way is a stupid organization where a CO can dismiss a soldier from service and award him one year rigorous punishment in Civil jail from the line of march. But the CO can not buy 10 paisa needles. The judicial power enjoyed by a CO is equivalent to a Metropolitan Magistrate but financial powers are not of even a peon.

Police COs on the other hand buy everything including food and clothing and has lots of finances at their disposal. DG BSF enjoys tremendous financial powers. They have no ordinance Services nor CGDA attached with every office to say No.

It is not only our SF but all soldiers who suffer and get victimized by the system and No General worth his salt including a plethora of maroon capped ones have been able to reform the system even a single bit. Indian generalship has miserably failed to throw off stumbling bureaucratic yoke so far. Some of them even inviting additional yokes.

Our SF have a special section in the line directorate staffed by SF officers but the system is such that they can not do anything. They have no budgets of their own. That is why there are a hue and cry in the forum on hourly basis.

For Services SF, it is now that they have started coming into limelight. The environment for them has become very competitive where one sees SPG, NSG, COBRA, Wipers, Craits, and lizard commandos all floating around flashing their foreign gizmos, well dressed due to financial powers of their institutions. and culture of showmanship.

Police is culturally groomed to showmanship - bring order by showing not by acting- whether it is borders of streets of Moradabad. The show is their main tool of a deterrent. When it comes to act, they all run away.

But in that overall SF environment, our young Services SF guys also seem to have fallen pray to that police culture. They are indeed victim of the system in spite of being the first amongst equals and I pray that the SOD will ameliorate their suffering up to a great extent.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
IA do conduct night time raids,even yesterday night RR launched a night time op,by the time of day break, three terrorists were apprehended.

#BreakingNews

Nocturnal anti militancy ops launched by Joint team of security forces including 1RR & SOG in #Frisal area of South Kashmir's #Kulgam district, searches being conducted in the area after getting inputs about the presence of militants. Officials to
@SudarshanNewsTV

Security forces launch cordon and search operation at many places in South #Kashmir from early this morning. Hope for the best.

#BREAKING: #Budgam police and 53RR of #IndianArmy nabs a top #LeT terror associate Wasim Ganie of #Beerwah along with 3 other OGWs- Faruk Ahmad Dar, Mohd Yasin & Azharudin Mir- during cordon and search ops; arms, ammunition and other incriminating material has also been recovered

using generators and torch lights mostly.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
using generators and torch lights mostly.
Someone said that, 'militants escape at night so why don't we use the cover of night'.

That might create a opinion of there are no night raids happening in Kashmir.

So,I just wanted to record their efforts,whatever or however it might be. That's all

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Someone said that, 'militants escape at night so why don't we use night raids'.

That might create a opinion of there are no night raids happening in Kashmir.

I just wanted to record their efforts,whatever or however it might be. That's all
Its not that night ops dont happen at all.

Like i mentioned using generator and torch lights.

and in jungles a platoon of troops would have 1 HHTI 10 years ago.Now i guess one platoon has 1 nvg and 1 hhti.

but this is not utilising the technology available to your full advantage.

WARREN SS

Country flag

Basics of uniform i cannot impart because i am a phucking armchair warrior and if the academy doesnt teach that i am

The big bosses!!!???

Exactly Younger generation Is Smarter they watch Netflix ,Amazon,And various documentaries On SF on YT

They watch Analyze compare Indian forces With others

Why Will they Motivate to join a service were There Life is at high risk
With minimum support From employer

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
ours look like a rag tag group of militants, i have seen people in syria with way better equipment.
Look ... when, how and where,,,??

If you happen to cross three km stretch of bamboo jungles on Nagaland border, I would like to have a look at your dress while doing that.

When a SF team is inside a dilapidated aerially bombed house in Naliyadi in VVT on coastlines of Jaffna having had no contact with any troops, no supply, no food, no cigarettes, no water for five days I would like to see a shaved, well kept and well-dressed boy with his para putties around his ankels ready for a photo op.

Do not go by the photos of CISF, CRPF, Railway POLICE or some state police Ajgar Force who are meant to move on class 70 four-laned roads in SUVs or be in an airconditioned airport, or in a AC coach of the train after forcibly get one vacated for their Russels Hissing Commandos.

Do not compare their Bollywood style photos with a photo of an SF guy who just finished his 40 km run and is going to fire his weapon on the range. I wish to ask what will the state of the best equipment of the world on a soldier at the finish line of 10km desert run... I would like anyone of you guys to try it out... and then show me that image...

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Exactly Younger generation Is Smarter they watch Netflix ,Amazon,And various documentaries On SF on YT

They watch Analyze compare Indian forces With others

Why Will they Motivate to join a service were There Life is at high risk
With minimum support From employer
There are some fundamental problems here in this forum like...

1.People forgetting what is democracy.

2.Only i can talk about the armed forces and i am superior than you coz i decided to wear olive greens.

3.Bringing forward shortcomings is an act of traitor.

4.Illogical hypocrisy.

All these points can be further discussed in details.

So the problem i face is not a difference of opinion but a difference of thought and upbringing in our ecosystem.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Look the Sophistication Of SWAT Units of Argentinian Federal Police units :facepalm:

With Delhi police Federal police of 5 largest Economic power And 4th powerful Military in the world

:megusta::megusta::megusta:
View attachment 48657

View attachment 48658
The worse part is not that we dont have money..if that was the case i wouldnt complaint.

The problem is SPG being soo superior and the rest just being average.

Why?

Because wha neta ki baat he.

I dare anyone on this forum to go and see SPG's infrastructure if you have the contacts.

You will be shocked..they are state of the art and the best even in small things like fitness equipments.

so why are other forces overlooked.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
looking at the losses we bear on every CT op tells me their tactics arent anything to write home about. Our tactics seem to be just throw men at the terrorists, the value of an indian soldier is very low.
CT ops where ?
In jungles, in mountains or in Urban territory... ??

Our major engagements are terrorists inside a house...

That a house is a defenders paradise as proved by Stalingrad and many other cities in including in ops by much-touted and worshipped Marines and Deltas in Iraq. Russian in Chechniya ..... all have had their inevitable shares of greater casualties in spite of the support of tanks, guns, attack helicopters and fighter bombers... all superclass on million-dollar equipment on every soldier ..... all of them tackle terrorist with their hands tied at their back as we are supposed to do...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
oh really? What about Pathankot when Garuds got cut down by some Paki terrorists? What about EDI where PARA (SF) lost entire elements to holed up terrorists?

I’m sick of seeing this nonsense paraded around as fact. I’m yet to see any evidence that the weapon handling and tactics of these SF units is anything special. They seem to have worse capabilities than US SF had 25+ years ago- look up any training video and it will confirm this. PARA SF/Garuds/MARCOs have sloppy and haphazard drills that don’t seem to reflect modern warfighting lessons.

USAF security forces (military police) seem to have more solid room clearing tactics than India’s most elite units. Certainly they have much better equipment.

How many times do we have to have this conversation? It’s not a fetish for equipment. It’s not a superficial judgment.

Capabilities flow FROM equipment. Unless you think there’s some superhuman quality in Indian waters that gives birth to freakish unnatural abilities like seeing in the dark or having bullets bounce off their manly chests?

I do have the question the abilities of a force that thinks it’s sensible to run around today with a rag on their head, a field load carrier on their chest and a pistol holster incorrectly strapped to the front of their thigh.

it shows a lack of seriousness.

Compare them to even an modern infantry unit in the US where head to toe the equipment is heard towards enhancing combat effectiveness and has had genuine thought go into its development.

or do you actually think countries spend $100,000s on equipping individual SF operators just for fun?

take out the Tavor or M4 I’d be surprised if the average SF soldier in India gets $300 USD worth of equipment issued to them.

we are still here arguing about the pros and cons of making Indian SF not look like an African militia meanwhile the Africans themselves are emulating Western top line units.

I don’t understand why some make out this is somehow an impossible task that for some reason Indian SF are so unique that they must remain stuck in the 1960s equipment wise. That new equipment is inherently flawed and won’t make them even 1% more effective.

Stop making excuses for mediocrity, in any other discipline these losers would’ve been demoted or fired long ago. Celebrating these units perpetuates the problem.
OUR SF Units are Services-specific Units such as Army SF meant for, trained and equipped for "roles"and "Tasks". Please keep your intellectual prowess and bullshits limited to that. There is no use mentioning marines, US SOd etc etc and etc to compare them when they have no comparable "roles and "tasks". Those forces are national assets, Here we in India do not have any idea of "National Assets"...

Get me an environment, role, and tasks comparable to US Navy SEALS and mandate them accordingly. We give them one rupee and expect hundred rupees in return,,, typical Baniyas...

We shout - I gave you one rupee why are you not dressed like SEALS... every year India give merely 1.5 % of its GDP to Defence half of which is eaten by civilians and one-fourth of that is withdrawn by Finance Ministry to distribute amongst IAS governed districts..

Fir Chale SEAL Dhoodane....... you did make NSG ...ley me see them employed... but keeping in the best of Police culture ... they are only for photo ops.. the scare crows. And who are they anyway.. ?? some different species...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles