Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
His tactics are literally the best you'll find outside of active SOF members.
I thought this was common knowledge though. People do aim with both eyes open. Is this not the case in the Indian Military? Cuz I've found that it's still possible to do on most iron sights as well.
Yes, for CQB battle there mostly is not firing after aiming.... It is the volume of fire that is supposed to generate shock, fear and kill.

Indian Army carries out firing from 20 meters /15 meters without aiming by aligning the body and weapon in line with the target.

Firing with both the eyes open from ranges such as 50m or less is based on the principle of "Natural Alignment" but that art is required to be practiced and a sense of firing with natural alignment developed to remove mental blocks. The ability of both the eyes to locate the center of the object being seen is better than the master eye alone. Master eyes point of aim and point of impact of weapon is required to be aligned and zeroed. But not in the case of firing with natural alignment.

Gessler

Country flag
I do not know what to make of this guy's tactics (like, train yourself to aim with both eyes open). Is it just hogwash? What do our members think.
It's the way to go.

Is this not the case in the Indian Military?
On the range, not as far as I can tell.

Of course in the field one isn't likely to have the perfect conditions for well-aimed marksmanship. Targets aren't just gonna sit there waiting and are shooting back. So yea both-eyes-open is the most realistic, feasible method for real-world situations. It's the reason why more well-off militaries make the procurement of at least a non-magnifying collimator optic (reflex or holographic) mandatory for their service rifles.

For example, US Army issues both a CompM4 and an ACOG as standard kit for each infantryman.

IA should also begin issuing a reflex/holosight as standard kit now that we'll be getting rifles which come with factory-standard P-rails. Expect something to be standard by 2030.

Cuz I've found that it's still possible to do on most iron sights as well.
I've tried both-eyes-open sight alignment, sucked at least for me. It's different for each gun though (mine was with SLR at a Police expo). AKs which have shorter sight radius than SLR are possibly worse.

Alignment has got nothing on simply placing the dot on the target, whether from a simplicity or response-time perspective.

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 48486

Seems like we are falling behind Nigerian Marines too.
I said it before, you’ll struggle to find many SFs worse equipped than Indian SFs name a country and they probably have better equipped elite India than India. It’s one of the most unfathomable situations but alas nothing changes. Indian SF are stuck in a time bubble seemingly.

I just had footage the one of the most recent Vajra Prahar Exs recommended to me on YouTube and it almost made me want to weep and simultaneously bludgeon to death all those responsible for this debacle.

Keep deluding yourselves that there is super secret equipment being hidden from public eyes and really Indian SF all have iron man suits. What jokes do you think these Green Berets are making behind the backs of their Indian counterparts? You think PARW (SF) look like a serious unit in their eyes?

Immanuel

Country flag
I said it before, you’ll struggle to find many SFs worse equipped than Indian SFs name a country and they probably have better equipped elite India than India. It’s one of the most unfathomable situations but alas nothing changes. Indian SF are stuck in a time bubble seemingly.

I just had footage the one of the most recent Vajra Prahar Exs recommended to me on YouTube and it almost made me want to weep and simultaneously bludgeon to death all those responsible for this debacle.

Keep deluding yourselves that there is super secret equipment being hidden from public eyes and really Indian SF all have iron man suits. What jokes do you think these Green Berets are making behind the backs of their Indian counterparts? You think PARW (SF) look like a serious unit in their eyes?
Nigga please, no one really gives two shits when it comes to pure ability, there is not a SF better than the IA SF units in Asia/Middle East/Africa you can take that to the bank. Niggas be talking shit all the time, while they can't come up with examples of high profile missions done by other SFs apart from SEALS, BERETS and DELTAs other than Para SF.

There isn't a single SF unit that has performed missions across into a nuclear armed neighbour and does so frequently. OBL raids etc. were trickery played by supposed allies.

Immanuel

Country flag
Be it Para SF, Garuds or Marcos, give them any mission they'll get it done. All they need is a bump in equipment, command structure and more of their own dedicated assets. SF need balls and leadership, the got that moreso than pretty much anybody on that side of that planet.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
For EOD dogs maybe (although I hear ITBP is very good too) but for assault dogs NSG are the premier K9 trainers in India. The army actually has very few assault dogs and I’m not sure if they’ve inducted Malonois yet. Read the article from Sandeep A few pages back- seems IA tried out assault dogs (German Shepherds) in JK a few years back but they had bad results because of poor training.

Best K9 trainers in the region are NSG now it has to be said and by a huge margin. Their bomb detection and assault K9s are second to none.
I dont know who this Sandeep A is but Indian Army has assault dogs with Para and RR units now.

RR units use local Kashmiri dogs.Para SF due to exposure in NSG use Malonois dogs.

Regular Infantry use Labradors.

All dogs are trained by Army's RVC.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Remember everything we need is already here at our home- MKU, tonbo, SMPP.
Haha

None of the equipment we demand for is rocket science..

If i leave my job and put in my money and effort within an year i can make a excellent quality uniform with quaterzip and kneepads and elbow pads.

Making shoes is also not a big deal and so is the rucksack and gloves.

Rest all is just fuck up..like no order of buying things.An infantry ghatak unit has high cut helmet with one guy and other have the regular helmet.

OTOH Para SF have high cut helmets with few units having the regular helmets.

I mean what the phuck ij going on?

Do they have any system and order for these things...None of the high cut helmets have any attachments.

Its like building a gaming computer to run powerpoint.

Para SF come to encounter in a non bullet proof vehicle.Everywhere else SF uses protected vehicles to get to the place of attack coz they have a high risk of getting ambushed.

But who are we to point out basic things like these.

Armchair warriors.

Everywhere Para SF officers will complaint that they are SF and should get SF type role and when Lt Gen Hooda asked them to send two teams from valley ops for training for surgical strike kind of ops in POK the CO of 4 and 9 Para protested saying that these are our bread and butter ops and this should not be done.

When the officers are not clear about these things.. equipment and all is nothing.Hence the confusion of higher ups shows in the lower level soldiers with regards to uniform and equipment.

Lupus

Country flag
I dont know who this Sandeep A is but Indian Army has assault dogs with Para and RR units now.

RR units use local Kashmiri dogs.Para SF due to exposure in NSG use Malonois dogs.

Regular Infantry use Labradors.

All dogs are trained by Army's RVC.
Sandeep is a defence journalist. Here's the article in question. RVC perhaps needs to up its game if their dogs turn on own troops mid operations.

Tragic news emerged from Jammu and Kashmir on May 3, the day armed forces personnel saluted Covid-19 warriors across the country with flypasts, band concerts and warship illuminations. Four army personnel and a police officer were killed in a firefight with terrorists in Handwara, Kupwara district. Killed in action were Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, commanding officer of the 21 Rashtriya Rifles (RR), his company commander Major Anuj Sood, Lance Naik Dinesh Singh, Naik Rakesh Kumar and Sub Inspector Shakeel of the Jammu and Kashmir police.

It was the second tragedy to befall the army in a little over a month. Earlier, on April 1, five special forces personnel were killed in fierce hand-to-hand combat with five terrorists who had infiltrated across the LoC in the Keran sector in north Kashmir. No two firefights are alike and it is often difficult to judge the peculiar choices tactical commanders have to make in such situations. There is, however, one clear force multiplier that could have helped the army tip the balance in many of these situations — assault canines.

The National Security Guards or ‘Black Cats’ for instance swear by the dozen-odd Belgian Malinois they use for the hazardous task of entering rooms that may have armed terrorists and civilians in them. An NSG officer says their dogs are specially trained to distinguish between civilians, terrorists and NSG troopers. “Given the choice between sending my men or dogs into harm’s way, I’d deploy my dogs any day,” one NSG officer says.

The US special operations command (SOCOM) used the same breed in operation that hunted down Osama bin Laden in 2010 and Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi last October. Four Indian Para-Special forces units have begun inducting them since 2013 and eventually, all SF units will have these dogs. For reasons that are still unclear, the army has so far not inducted the Malinois in CI units like the RR. An incident in the Valley a few years back when a German Shepherd deployed in a counter-terrorist operation turned on an army officer, might have contributed towards some of the reluctance. But that incident, an army officer explains was the result of poor training and coordination. It is time clearly, the army turned to man’s best friend to hunt terrorists.

Immanuel

Country flag
every other SF looks tiptop except ours
Looking Tip top is all one thing, having the balls, tactics, all-round training, ability to perform in a wide set of locations, weather and harsh conditions is another.

80% of the so called SF units wouldn't be able to perform for example a mission like the repeated Myanmar Strikes. They'd be running around in circles. Many of them can't go anywhere without a helo ride. Most of them would fail to perform adequately in dense jungles, high altitude and desert warfare. There are always exceptions and cross training with those forces is fine. India needs it's own unique structure for SF whcih was lacking but slowly it will fall in place.

That said, there is no reason why Tonbo, MKU and others can't be roped in for mass orders of various kit which can be standardized.

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
@unknownhow come chief of army staff got wings tab in his chest eventhough he has not served in any airborne unit but regular infantry?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
SF only means dress and equipment.....
Our SF is very poorly dressed and equipped//

So our SF is very bad.... No one cares for them, no resources are given to them, they are neglected ....

That is the dominant theme of this thread.... deliberately, repeatedly, arguably and if nothing else by roughshod..

Is there some psy ops going on ????.....:crazy:

Waanar

Country flag
SF only means dress and equipment.....
Our SF is very poorly dressed and equipped//

So our SF is very bad.... No one cares for them, no resources are given to them, they are neglected ....

That is the dominant theme of this thread.... deliberately, repeatedly, arguably and if nothing else by roughshod..

Is there some psy ops going on ????.....:crazy:
When you say "CRPF needs to come out of it's politicization and act as a proper armed force and ditch it's current skin", is it psy ops?

I dare you to find a halfway decent country which has a SF unit as ill equipped as ours.
In fact, find *any* country which is equipped worse than us.
Let's not even speak of the uniformity in gear either.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It's the way to go.

On the range, not as far as I can tell.
Because you never participated in Combat Marksman capsules or done some precision shooting training capsules.

And you never read precise of Infantry School on "precision Shooting"...

By the way, how do you fire the last range practice of Range Course of LMG, Rifles and Carbine from ranges below 50 meters ?? Do they allow you to aim and fire... Care to check ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles