Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
High cut helmets
Without the integrated comns headsets this is entirely pointless

NVG (Per requirement)
Yeah those same old sh!tty monocular NVGs- nothing special here. They’ve had the same ones for about 15 years now.
Carabiners
WOW now MARCOs are in the topmost tier of global SFs.

off the shelf $100 usd commercial drones is hardly impressive.

Remember in the late 2000s when they began hunting for future soldier tech? Nothing ever came of that. They look basically the same today as they did in 2012 with some minor tweaks. Still see them running around with black bandannas on their head at demos and daggers in their teeth

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Without the integrated comns headsets this is entirely pointless

Yeah those same old sh!tty monocular NVGs- nothing special here. They’ve had the same ones for about 15 years now.

WOW now MARCOs are in the topmost tier of global SFs.

off the shelf $100 usd commercial drones is hardly impressive.

Remember in the late 2000s when they began hunting for future soldier tech? Nothing ever came of that. They look basically the same today as they did in 2012 with some minor tweaks. Still see them running around with black bandannas on their head at demos and daggers in their teeth
Integrated comms, nvg, etc are a work in progress. Now atleast chaps have individual NVGs.

They are also the first unit to have integrated knee pads (2 operators pictured in that exercise) so there's that as well.

NSG got integrated comms first AFAIK along with FAST helmets (at least photographed first). So it's logical MARCOs have those as well and are yet to be photographed with them.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Immanuel

Country flag
Yes let's kit out this unit which is probably never going to be in a fight with everything cutting edge under the 🌞 but let's neglect the fighting men on the front lines! Smh.

PS: That rifle is a beast. I've had the privilege of emptying a couple of mags and boy that 7.62x51 round kicks butt. The 5.7 is smooth as butter though, thing is like a needle etched in a fat bottom cartridge.
Agreed the SCAR-H is a beast, shot the civvie version out in Michigan a who years ago. Has a serious kick to it indeed.

sydsnyper

Country flag
I do not know what to make of this guy's tactics (like, train yourself to aim with both eyes open). Is it just hogwash? What do our members think.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I do not know what to make of this guy's tactics (like, train yourself to aim with both eyes open). Is it just hogwash? What do our members think.
no its legit technique to aim with both eyes open, he is not talking about iron sights. With red dots, holo sights and LPVOs its very easy to do that. It helps with your spatial awareness.
And this dude is former US army special forces he probably knows alot more about shooting than us.

sydsnyper

Country flag
no its legit technique to aim with both eyes open, he is not talking about iron sights. With red dots, holo sights and LPVOs its very easy to do that. It helps with your spatial awareness.
And this dude is former US army special forces he probably knows alot more about shooting than us.
True, I dont doubt his credentials, but his methods seem like deliberate sales pitch..

mupper

Country flag
I don't know 20 years in SF and a former CIF guy he might know a thing or two....

Waanar

Country flag
His tactics are literally the best you'll find outside of active SOF members.
I thought this was common knowledge though. People do aim with both eyes open. Is this not the case in the Indian Military? Cuz I've found that it's still possible to do on most iron sights as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles