Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am going to receive some heat here but from what i see except few well trained units in army SF, most indian army look unprofessional and undisciplined ( reflection of Indian society ). look more like soviet and Chinese style conscripts filled with philosophers, macho etc type.
officer core is Anglophile and soldier being desi( class divide is visible ). not a bad strategy in past but a disaster going into the future. Twitter is filled with such people who have even sweep into officers rank and that to to higher position and opinion making. Looking cool doesn't make someone superhuman, it's good for photoshoot that's it. I hope going into the future more people are promoted from technical side into Higher position than infantry and hot headed types who talk more and listen less. Current army chief is one of the best ( look far more disciplined and calm ). CDS is also fine , not great not bad either.

Killbot

Country flag
I am going to receive some heat here but from what i see except few well trained units in army SF, most indian army look unprofessional and undisciplined ( reflection of Indian society ). look more like soviet and Chinese style conscripts filled with philosophers, macho etc type.
officer core is Anglophile and soldier being desi( class divide is visible ). not a bad strategy in past but a disaster going into the future. Twitter is filled with such people who have even sweep into officers rank and that to to higher position and opinion making. Looking cool doesn't make someone superhuman, it's good for photoshoot that's it. I hope going into the future more people are promoted from technical side into Higher position than infantry and hot headed types who talk more and listen less. Current army chief is one of the best ( look far more disciplined and calm ). CDS is also fine , not great not bad either.
Yeah. Aside from the SF, where officers have to be part of 6 man squad and do the same shit as the rest, they are really anglicized. Rawat was also good in that regard, he was pretty humble.

Also, the COAS is Parachute qualified. Just FYI.

Deathstar

Country flag
Any source for your claim officers are anglophiles and even if they are they somehow better and upper class wrt Desis? Why such negative connotation with the word Desi? Or do you mean being an anglophile means some upper elite class? Or is this inferiority complex?
Again any source for your claim that Indian army is undisciplined and unprofessional? What are the standards for it?

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah. Aside from the SF, where officers have to be part of 6 man squad and do the same shit as the rest, they are really anglicized. Rawat was also good in that regard, he was pretty humble.

Also, the COAS is Parachute qualified. Just FYI.
I was speaking in general terms. You can gauge a society prows and trajectory by society it's create. an un disciplined un scientific one create trouble , india is one such. Just looking at media from 80s to it's current form today show the downfall. There is basically no remedy. Either you socially engineer society communist style. Soviet ( russians ) manage to did it successfully or western style renaissance.
or you can go german style ( pre WW2 and post WW1 ) which leads to short term gain but long term pain. india culture need to change from religion to food habit. In fact whole of southern hemisphere. If they want to move to the future and not to be hostage to the past. we wuz stonk is reason of one's downfall. Many in military do realise and schooled young lads and other gonchus from time to time. See.

rkhanna

Country flag
I was speaking in general terms. You can gauge a society prows and trajectory by society it's create. an un disciplined un scientific one create trouble , india is one such. Just looking at media from 80s to it's current form today show the downfall. There is basically no remedy. Either you socially engineer society communist style. Soviet ( russians ) manage to did it successfully or western style renaissance.
or you can go german style ( pre WW2 and post WW1 ) which leads to short term gain but long term pain. india culture need to change from religion to food habit. In fact whole of southern hemisphere. If they want to move to the future and not to be hostage to the past. we wuz stonk is reason of one's downfall. Many in military do realise and schooled young lads and other gonchus from time to time. See.
Please take this to chitchat or other threads please. As Alby has suggested

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
MoD needs reforms, its just a corruption house.

MuzzleVelocity

Hi
This is absolute bullshit. Sorry.
But most armies are like this. Even your European armies and US armies are comprised of mostly people joining it for the money, not enough education to make it anywhere else and just a way to make a quick future.
This is the genuine demographic make up. Look at the amount of poor Hispanics and blacks in the US army. There are many. Even the white folks are those who have no other future, it sounds wrong but it is truth. All armies are like this.

The Indian army is no better. But not worse. You're just putting forth a theory that you made it up in your own head.

Killbot

Country flag
MoD needs reforms, its just a corruption house.
Aight. We gotta keep count of how many times you said that now. It ain't gonna change in the foreseeable future.

We understand your frustration. But whining bout it ain't gonna help.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Damn someone got banned and sent to Tihar Jail!! 😂😂😂😂

Killbot

Country flag
Is there any info available on how widely deployed the MPX is within the SAG teams in NSG?
No, we know about it only through pics. Probably a few dozen. Same with SCARs and Sig 716 DMRs.

I think they are trialing weapons to replace existing inventory in the future. Again, not sure as they ordered additional MP5s. Maybe a few years down the line.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Can someone tell me what is the standard USSOCOM Special Forces equipment of United States?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles