Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am knew here
But I want to know why indian special forces which has world's best training doesn't use world class equipments although which is made in india like bvnd, tactical headphones with high cut helmets, advanced plate carriers, sdr, push to talk system.

shade

Country flag
I am knew here
But I want to know why indian special forces which has world's best training doesn't use world class equipments although which is made in india like bvnd, tactical headphones with high cut helmets, advanced plate carriers, sdr, push to talk system.
Because either no funding or the import and domestic production factions fighting each other, and this fighting delays procurements

JConline

Country flag
I am knew here
A few things you need to know. Included in the latest emergency procurement of the Indian Army were SCAR rifles, Mk48 LMGs and 4 tube NVGs. The Para SF have already started to operate high cut helmets as seen in the pic. Also, new plate carriers have also started to be inducted in large numbers featuring molle attachment system. As for Comms, the personnel use in ear earphones connected to radio handsets with push to talk capability. If you meant ear pro, that is the one thing that the Para SF dont use.

The said plate carriers:
DdJrIGlVQAAaNTW.jpg

20Jul20_Barometer_Special_Forc-1200x6000.jpg

The latest emergency procurement report of the IA.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A few things you need to know. Included in the latest emergency procurement of the Indian Army were SCAR rifles, Mk48 LMGs and 4 tube NVGs. The Para SF have already started to operate high cut helmets as seen in the pic. Also, new plate carriers have also started to be inducted in large numbers featuring molle attachment system. As for Comms, the personnel use in ear earphones connected to radio handsets with push to talk capability. If you meant ear pro, that is the one thing that the Para SF dont use.

The said plate carriers:View attachment 61504
View attachment 61505
The latest emergency procurement report of the IA.
But there was a news that 4 tube nvgs if false and they have ordered single tube ones
I have never seen any pics with double tube nvgs also

JConline

Country flag
Another new piece of kit that I'm noticing are PEQ boxes on the siderails of the M4. What we can infer from this is that Para SF has shifted from using visible laser to IR Laser modules. IR Laser is not visible through Thermal Sights such as the Tonbo Arjun Thermal Sights that are being purchased as a combo with the EXFIL high cut helmets. So I feel like, we are definitely not aware of all the NVG devices in service with the Para SF.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I still now don't understand why afsod chief is not making any demands for modernisation of special force or government is not listening to him
Because I feel modernisation of special forces is need of the hour as future wars will depend on it also.

JConline

Country flag
I still now don't understand why afsod chief is not making any demands for modernisation of special force or government is not listening to him
Because I feel modernisation of special forces is need of the hour as future wars will depend on it also.
The thing is that even if the AFSOD chief is making demands and infact modernising, I'm not sure we'd come to know. So it would be wrong to make such assumptions. Moreover the latest procurement report that I uploaded a few replies back, point towards a procurement by AFSOD because the number of the equipment's are way too short to suffice for Para SF needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles