Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusharfoxtrot

Country flag
Training and timing is everything.
But yes, lean implies flexible & swift. I have seen many a timed lean guys take down and pin a comparatively bulk person who practice martial arts. But unlike a timed match this is implementation of skills in a hostile environ.
So, I strongly believe it all boils down to one's muscle memory and timing. And our guys despite being lean, can survive anywhere.
Do you have any rare images of hand to hand combat of our sf? I have seen a very few so pls can u give other?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
These things come with laser guidance munitions these days capable of hitting as far as 3000 meters
Ah all imported mal.... Not from DRDO or OFB which makes M2 Version and ammunition...

Laser-Guided Munition not yet in the market
Range 2000m and not 3000

The guided Carl-Gustaf® munition is a laser-guided weapon co-developed by Raytheon and the Swedish aerospace and defense company Saab. It is the first-ever guided round for Saab's Carl-Gustaf M4 recoilless rifle, minimizing collateral damage through semi-active laser guidance and effects.

The munition flies at near-supersonic speeds and can penetrate multiple targets including fortified structures, bunkers and light armored vehicles. It can engage static or moving targets at distances greater than 1.2 miles (2,000 meters), and it launches from a shoulder-fired system, allowing troops to engage from within an enclosure.

Raytheon and Saab began developing the munition in 2016 and expect to test a live round in 2020.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag

In this latest video, Major Vivek Jacob talks about going into probation twice. Once for the 9 Para SF and while he doesn't expressly name it, he can be heard making indirect allusions regarding the extreme toughness required in the second probation. He says he was 32 at the time of his second probation. Everyone knows what he was talking about. It is that which exists but must not be named. BTW, he says that his second probation lasted for about 3 months, in a hilly terrain, with 100% humidity. Any guesses where it could be?
there’s no reason not to speculate that this was SG, i’d be more interested to learn about their selection process and how it is conducted, is it based on commander recommendations or induction application?

the only comparison I can think of would be Delta force(CAG) or DEVGRU (seal team 6). The former has its own independent selection process that it open to just about anyone inside the us military (quite similar to SAS for obvious reasons), the latter is done through ‘green team’ where ‘regular’ SEALS put their names on a list and then DEVGRU operators go through the list and accept only those that they want to assess.

Not a new thing
that isn’t earpro! That is an over ear set of headphones

To date NO indian unit has been seen with modern military protection.
An old picture of a Delhi Police SWAT team member with a ridiculous helmet doesn’t belong here

operatorgrumby

Country flag
COMTACS are an incredible piece of equipment.
They buffer out high frequency sounds like explosions and gun fire, but amplifies conversation, sound.
Forget about Comtacs, there are many high ranking officials in indian military who thinks hearing protection is for pussies they don't need any protection; they have god gifted ears which does not get affected by loud noise. Also if they are right about it, then what about the enlisted personnel who doesn't get to have a say in these.

Just go through this tweet and some of its retweets...

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Mein gott this is some sexy stuff...

I will never ever get nor try to understand Indian Acquisition process.
Because uneducated people with no brains order things.

Then you question them including the ones in the forum and they are like...

Behenchod mein afsar hu tu kaun he? like Abhijit mitra rightly said on youtube

This is the attitude..and no wonder most of them fail to adjust in civil environment.

12arya

Country flag
We will need a far larger airborne infantry if a two front war was to break out. While it's okay to have focus on SF, expansion of airborne battalions is a must.
Nothing fancy, just good ol static line with streamlined ways of providing logistical support.
On the contrary, if SF veterans r to b believed, all para units just want themselves turned into SF units!

12arya

Country flag
Have asked him directly, will see if he responds.

Army rarely acknowledges ANY induction publicly, even highly publicized affairs like SIG deal. The Public Information department is a joke. All it does is put out a stream of medal recipients, obituaries, and official visits. There's little else.

It's up to the journalists (India Today does a commendable job at this, btw) to bring the information to public. Remember that even months after SIG 716 was inducted, ADG-PI treated it as non-issue. It was Shiv Aroor/Sandeep Unnithan on IndiaToday TV that broke the first public images of 716 in IA use.

Similarly, eventually most of anything & everything bought by forces (whether regulars, SFs or otherwise) will make it to public domain via third party media sources. The kit bought under this deal will be no different - this isn't some super-secret deal purchased with black budget - it was a CCS/DAC-approved acquisition which is in same classified sense as SIG deal.
I believe shiv aroor is doing a show on Sundays on india today just on the latest defence procurements(i cud b very wrong too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles