Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Well There Lack Of Discipline In Following Grooming standards And Cammo
on the Field

Which Should be regulated by NCO's & JCO

They’ll never learn.

all this “josh”attitude as gone to their heads. They think they are supermen and that fragments will bounce off their heads or that the side of the mountain will bend to their thick skulls all becuase they are “commandos” and know how to yell that very loudly.

The Indian army in reality is one of the most indisciplined disciplined forces in the Democratic world. Maybe the most.

All their discipline is reserved for the parade ground. The moment they go into operations it’s all jugaad and chalta hai.

WARREN SS

Country flag
So guys Lets Say short War is Imminent on LAC And Enemy Deployed There Ground Assets & Air Assets
Kindly Lay Out What Are Probable targets & Post That Ghatak & SF units Will have In there hands To Recon & SEEK And Destroy

Units And Weapons We need For objective Beyond LAC Behind Enemy Lines

singhboy98

Country flag
They’ll never learn.

all this “josh”attitude as gone to their heads. They think they are supermen and that fragments will bounce off their heads or that the side of the mountain will bend to their thick skulls all becuase they are “commandos” and know how to yell that very loudly.

The Indian army in reality is one of the most indisciplined disciplined forces in the Democratic world. Maybe the most.

All their discipline is reserved for the parade ground. The moment they go into operations it’s all jugaad and chalta hai.
Though I am not qualified to comment on the discipline of Army soldiers, I recalled something when I read your post. I was reading Shiv Aroor's book titled "India's Most Fearless" a some years back. The only thing that was going though my mind when I was reading on some of the combat stories in which we lost SF operators was that "they could have been alive had they been wearing the requisite bullet protection jackets with ceramic inserts etc.". I mean most of the deaths in his book were from 4-5 bullets in the centre-mass area. Assuming that they had worn BPJ, the BPJ would have stopped atleast some bullets hence increasing their chances of survival. Though am a total noob when it comes to Army stuff so I could be wrong.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 51395
View attachment 51396

A Soviet LMG our jihadi neighbours have been gifting us since 90s. Most of them belong to Soviet forces in AFG. They were common in the earlier days of insurgency.
Did any unit makes use of these captured Rpds and Rpg7s? Saw Para SF with an RPD some time back in 2000s.Btw dont think these belonged to Soviet forces as Soviets had replaced it with Rpk and Rpk74s in 70s.Most probably copies supplied by Chinese to Mujahids.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Did any unit makes use of these captured Rpds and Rpg7s? Saw Para SF with an RPD some time back in 2000s.Btw dont think these belonged to Soviet forces as Soviets had replaced it with Rpk and Rpk74s in 70s.Most probably copies supplied by Chinese to Mujahids.
10903900_792481634122584_4186560736831130073_o.jpg

I think you are talking about this picture. Second guy from right has a RPD.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 51420
I think you are talking about this picture. Second guy from right has a RPD.
Yes i was quoting this one.Did anyone else makes use of such captured weapons? Btw SF could have made use of sawn off RPDs just like US SF had done in Vietnam for behind enemy lines ops.Also compared with Carl Gustavs RPG-7s were more handier for Crpf Cobras and Ghatak units as they engage themselves in LRRP ops.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Why No Combat Helmets ??

I can understand Weight Of BPJ But No Ballistic helmets :facepalm: :facepalm:

Indian army need this kind strictness For NCO & JCO

Have you ever been to real High Altitude areas ... ??
Metal object on your head ??? and BPJ in front of your chest . where touching even a a small metal object may result in your fingers being chopped off..
You must be kidding ... right. I for one will never put it. Terrain is bigger enemy there than the enemy itself.

There is a metal wire inserted on Indian coat Parka hoods to provide shape to the hood...
That small metal piece in spite of eing insulated has been the reasons of many soldiers death due to lightening in those mountains.. which is so frequent and often. specially when static electricity produced by the woolens the soldiers put on is always present around the body.....

operatorgrumby

Country flag
Have you ever been to real High Altitude areas ... ??
Metal object on your head ??? and BPJ in front of your chest . where touching even a a small metal object may result in your fingers being chopped off..
You must be kidding ... right. I for one will never put it. Terrain is bigger enemy there than the enemy itself.

There is a metal wire inserted on Indian coat Parka hoods to provide shape to the hood...
That small metal piece in spite of eing insulated has been the reasons of many soldiers death due to lightening in those mountains.. which is so frequent and often. specially when static electricity produced by the woolens the soldiers put on is always present around the body.....
Neither combat helmet and plate carrier have metal in them though🙄

WARREN SS

Country flag
old order Stuck in MOD since Last year :doh: :doh: :doh: :mad2::mad2:
Army Para Special Forces Requirements

EquipmentQuantity
Mk 48 light machine guns715
FN Scar (H) assault rifles1,050
Scar (L) / HK-416 assault rifles1,400
FN .50 Cal Browning heavy machine guns110
Helmet mounted night vision goggles400
Combat free fall parachutes600
Barret M107 A1 heavy sniping rifles100
Ammunition rounds20 (M)

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
old order Stuck in MOD since Last year :doh: :doh: :doh: :mad2::mad2:
Army Para Special Forces Requirements

EquipmentQuantity
Mk 48 light machine guns715
FN Scar (H) assault rifles1,050
Scar (L) / HK-416 assault rifles1,400
FN .50 Cal Browning heavy machine guns110
Helmet mounted night vision goggles400
Combat free fall parachutes600
Barret M107 A1 heavy sniping rifles100
Ammunition rounds20 (M)

clickbait by chutiya Indian media.

scatterStorm

Country flag
So guys Lets Say short War is Imminent on LAC And Enemy Deployed There Ground Assets & Air Assets
Kindly Lay Out What Are Probable targets & Post That Ghatak & SF units Will have In there hands To Recon & SEEK And Destroy

Units And Weapons We need For objective Beyond LAC Behind Enemy Lines
S400 batteries, SRBMs sites. The terrain is the very advantage to SFF units and para. However, I am not sure how we halo drop them, considering C130Js would be picked up on radars.

Or, we deliberately want them to be picked up on radar, question, how many KM does a average special forces unit covers at full load?

another_armchair

Country flag
S400 batteries, SRBMs sites. The terrain is the very advantage to SFF units and para. However, I am not sure how we halo drop them, considering C130Js would be picked up on radars.

Or, we deliberately want them to be picked up on radar, question, how many KM does a average special forces unit covers at full load?
The current Guinness World Record for "greatest absolute distance flown in a wing suit" is 32.094 km (19.94 mi) set by Kyle Lobpries (USA) in Davis, CA 30 May 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles