Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
What is the use of those helmets without using it to put attachments for using technology to neutralise terrorists?

Those ear pieces could be worn with any helmet.

Why are there no 2 soldiers wearing the same camo or boots?

M4 with the accessories have been long with the SF.

This op didnt call for any rappelling.
Like I said 'improvement'. The MARCOS are always the ones with the best gear so that's the direction SOF are moving towards in terms of equipment.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
View attachment 48300

This photograph of a CRPF QRT team shows the SMPP BPJ in active service along with the PATKA style Kevlar mesh on an MKU pattern helmet.

Bhai this is Cara HELM Ballistic Helmet. ( Extreme right )
Specially procured to face 7.62mm bullets.
EP3kNERWsAIm_HX.jpg

Middle one looks like this with 35RR Jawans which is combination of MKU Fullcut ACH & PATKA Ballistic Applique.
9087556_d2woelmwwaa7gba_jpeg_jpega2201688875debbc741cb22ddd80679e.jpg

Here's SMPP version.
SMPP.jpg

OFB Trichy Assault Rifle here.
84676065_1571120826382360_2335937883711471616_o.jpg

But I am not very sure about which one exactly Army is using. ( The applique because Army's helmets are obviously from MKU )

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Adapting typical basic SOF load out is not an issue or a big deal. We have this stuff but not at one place and kinda scattered.
gettyimages-1156610872-2048x2048.jpg

See local manufacturers do understand meaning of modern day SOF.
Mannequin from International Police expo 2019, Pragati Maidan, Delhi
Don't know the firm.

We have High Cut Ballistic Helmets
para-sf-1.png

We have Quarter Zip Combat T-Shirts in Army standard issued camo pattern.
20200502_130048.jpg

85111195_1127376990950493_1232597052072919040_o.jpg

+- integrated knee and elbow pads.

Modern lightweight plate carriers
10 PARA SF during a mock drill in Jodhpur
15241741_1836486429965292_7844703109313793419_n.jpg

During Joint Exercise Vajra Prahar
FB_IMG_1490380923543.jpg

Just need all these at one place.
PARA SF during Joint Exercise INDRA 2019
IMG_20191218_222408.jpg

Probably even started doing so. We can't expect to know everything about them.

Quoting the model only so didn't include other stuff like guns and accessories.

Believe me aaj nahi to kal ye hona hi hai. All they need is few senior procurement officers with little realisation of current SOF scenario and overhauling standardization.
( Also let me be very clear that I am only talking about 'basic SOF load out' during offensive ops. Because when it comes to covert ops or surgical strikes the SF knows what to choose and what to wear. They have done that flawlessly and successfully in the past. )

Gautam Sarkar

Country flag
Adapting typical basic SOF load out is not an issue or a big deal. We have this stuff but not at one place and kinda scattered.
gettyimages-1156610872-2048x2048.jpg

See local manufacturers do understand meaning of modern day SOF.
Mannequin from International Police expo 2019, Pragati Maidan, Delhi
Don't know the firm.
This one is very good looking. Didn't SM Carapace used to make some modern plate carriers ? Is this from them ?

abingdonboy

Country flag
MARCOS>NSG>PARA(SF)/GHATAK

That has been the way towards equipment modernisation.
NSG are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of modernisation and equipment inducted in the last decade. MARCOs have basically stood still since 2012.

In the last pic, there seems to be 3 SF soldiers. It seems that all 3 have different shoes, different uppers, different trousers, different Helmets, different gloves, different face covers & different webbing

In addition no eye protection goggles, no knee or elbow protection and no neck, sholder protection.

Do not seem to have personal radios also.
all have personal radios and all have ballistic eyewear. As pointed out by @Gessler at the time those black cases are Revision eyewear

Ok

Everybodys favourite pic this is..i got that.

Someone please explain me in points please...What is so great about this pic!
I’ll bite.

- ballistic eyewear for all
-personal radios for all
- chemlights*
- assault dog element (Belgian Malonios)*
- high cuts for all* (indicates NVGs are with all the team)
- double taped mags*
- drop bags*
- side arms for all*
- M4s for an entire team*
- laser designators on all rifles*

* not seen on ANY Indian military SF to date

The aggregate of this is quite a serious upgrade from what ever seen from elite (military) units in India to date in equipment and tactics. Still can’t fathom who these guys were but they were, finally, a serious looking unit and the change was almost overnight. The number of elements not seen on any other mil SF unit to date is striking. Usually you see 1 new element at a time and they are introduced over a period of time so there is incremental progress but here they appeared all at once

Seriously- where did an assault K9 element come from? This alone is a huge development. You don’t just get an assault dog from a warehouse, these things take years to train up and that it was being used in real world Ops and not just training is says a lot. As far as we knew there’s no military SF unit in India with organic K9 capabilities. I’d assume the training and dog(s) came from NSG but to operationalise this capability is no small step.

Obviously the uniform issue is ridiculous, can only hope this is stomped down soon

I’ll reiterate that these are FAR from well equipped unit by international standards. But what they indicate is a striking transformation that is indicative of a different mindset and this usually isn’t how militaries change and it certainly isn’t how the Indian military usually makes progress.

!Void!

Country flag
SPG Commando

FN SCAR H & FN Five-Seven
View attachment 48342
Yes let's kit out this unit which is probably never going to be in a fight with everything cutting edge under the 🌞 but let's neglect the fighting men on the front lines! Smh.

PS: That rifle is a beast. I've had the privilege of emptying a couple of mags and boy that 7.62x51 round kicks butt. The 5.7 is smooth as butter though, thing is like a needle etched in a fat bottom cartridge.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes let's kit out this unit which is probably never going to be in a fight with everything cutting edge under the 🌞 but let's neglect the fighting men on the front lines! Smh.

PS: That rifle is a beast. I've had the privilege of emptying a couple of mags and boy that 7.62x51 round kicks butt. The 5.7 is smooth as butter though, thing is like a needle etched in a fat bottom cartridge.
The most retarded take so far!

MoD and services are too incompetent to get their act together so let’s keep all other units in India equipped with Sten guns and .303s in the meantime?

it’s not like the SPG is responsible for protecting the democratically elected leader of a country of $3TN with 1.3 billion people who is charged with his country’s nuclear second strike authorisation.

SPG’s annual budget is a fraction of a fraction of the MoD’s (about $100m).

Frankly SPG doesn’t have enough money and they don’t take measures as far as they ought to IMO.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
NSG are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of modernisation and equipment inducted in the last decade. MARCOs have basically stood still since 2012.

all have personal radios and all have ballistic eyewear. As pointed out by @Gessler at the time those black cases are Revision eyewear

I’ll bite.

-personal radios for all
- chemlights*
- double taped mags*
- drop bags*
- side arms for all*

The aggregate of this is quite a serious upgrade from what ever seen from elite (military) units in India to date in equipment and tactics. Still can’t fathom who these guys were but they were, finally, a serious looking unit and the change was almost overnight. The number of elements not seen on any other mil SF unit to date is striking. Usually you see 1 new element at a time and they are introduced over a period of time so there is incremental progress but here they appeared all at once

Seriously- where did an assault K9 element come from? This alone is a huge development. You don’t just get an assault dog from a warehouse, these things take years to train up and that it was being used in real world Ops and not just training is says a lot. As far as we knew there’s no military SF unit in India with organic K9 capabilities. I’d assume the training and dog(s) came from NSG but to operationalise this capability is no small step.

Obviously the uniform issue is ridiculous, can only hope this is stomped down soon

I’ll reiterate that these are FAR from well equipped unit by international standards. But what they indicate is a striking transformation that is indicative of a different mindset and this usually isn’t how militaries change and it certainly isn’t how the Indian military usually makes progress.
Those guys dont look like the typical 9,10 or 4 Para guys.

All of them look like from NE..and i doubt there is any para unit with so many NE feature guys except 21 para.

What is the SFF upto these days?

!Void!

Country flag

MoD and services are too incompetent to get their act together so let’s keep all other units in India equipped with Sten guns and .303s in the meantime?

it’s not like the SPG is responsible for protecting the democratically elected leader of a country of $3TN with 1.3 billion people who is charged with his country’s nuclear second strike authorisation.

Frankly SPG doesn’t have enough money and they don’t take measures as far as they ought to IMO.
Ummm jump the gun much? Where did I say the SPG or any other MOH needed to be kept under equipped? On the contrary, if the SPG and NSG can equip themselves like so, MoD units particularly SOF units ought to be a cut above is my actual "take". Still retarded or does it now sound familiar? Like something you've been saying on rinse repeat mode for ages?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Those guys dont look like the typical 9,10 or 4 Para guys.

All of them look like from NE..and i doubt there is any para unit with so many NE feature guys except 21 para.

What is the SFF upto these days?
No idea who they are but someone very knowledgeable told me they are 100% not SFF. The unit looks pretty mixed to me between mainlanders and NE guys

Man that K9 is just really throwing me, this isn’t a capability that is just bought off the shelf.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ummm jump the gun much? Where did I say the SPG or any other MOH needed to be kept under equipped? On the contrary, if the SPG and NSG can equip themselves like so, MoD units particularly SOF units ought to be a cut above is my actual "take". Still retarded or does it now sound like something familiar? Something you've been saying on rinse repeat mode for ages?
What SPG or NSG has has no bearing on what mil SF get.

I’ve intentionally kept all other units out of the discussion. MoD and military is its own beast.

!Void!

Country flag
What SPG or NSG has has no bearing on what mil SF get.

I’ve intentionally kept all other units out of the discussion. MoD and military is its own beast.
Of course they have no bearing on MoD! I took them as mere yardsticks for comparison, MoD ought to learn from MoH. Jesus man, you're not the only "informed" one here.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

I’ll bite.

-personal radios for all
- chemlights*
- double taped mags*
- drop bags*
- side arms for all*

The MARCOS are the leaders in any modernisation effort. Para SF today looks like what the MARCOS did in 2015.

NSG have massively benefitted from cross training with USSOCOM. That shows in their gear and tactics.

Ultimately all the pieces are there and they are coming together at a steady pace. What remains to be seen is whether Indian SOF can keep up with international equipment standards in the next 'quantum jump'.

singhboy98

Country flag

This is an interesting take on the SPG. Could you elaborate a bit on the last part? Apart from lacking a dedicated armoured vehicle and a dedicated aerial transportation (rotary and fixed wing), what other areas does the SPG alg behind in when compared to any comparative service globally (Secret Service etc.)

abingdonboy

Country flag
The MARCOS are the leaders in any modernisation effort. Para SF today looks like what the MARCOS did in 2015.

NSG have massively benefitted from cross training with USSOCOM. That shows in their gear and tactics.
'.
no this isn’t true. The first NSG- USSOCOM joint ex wasn’t until 2015. NSG initiated a 5 year modernisation plan in 2010, this is the foundation of their capabilities today.

MARCOs have seen little progress in the last 10 years.

This is an interesting take on the SPG. Could you elaborate a bit on the last part? Apart from lacking a dedicated armoured vehicle and a dedicated aerial transportation (rotary and fixed wing), what other areas does the SPG alg behind in when compared to any comparative service globally (Secret Service etc.)
they are the most foreword thinking security unit in India can’t deny that.

That said they fall short operationally. They do not transport the PM’s official vehicle outside of the region. The biggest issue is that they are far far too reliant on host countries for logistics and even operationally. This is fine for most nations but as power status increases so does the threat matrix. Traditionally SPG has believed that their PM faces a greater threat at home then abroad, as threats increase this will change- USSS for example thinks the exact opposite way and acts accordingly

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Units are now being better equipped as the days go by. That much is seen with each exercise or encounter.

However a solid domestic industry to build here rather than import has lagged till now.

This is IA's average Jawan's kit on the field in 2 years time.

Do u know what accessories average IA will be provided during war.

Medical kit.
Sleeping bag
Sleeping net
Hydro flask
Gloves
Eye protection
Adhesive Tape for doubling Magazine
Walkie talkie.
Com set.
MOLLE vest
Vest attachment.
Combat belt
Scope
Knee pad
Elbow pad
Watches
Knife
Suspenders.
Rain Gear
NCB gear
Gas mask

It's hard to believe we don't manufacture our own gloves.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Units are now being better equipped as the days go by. That much is seen with each exercise or encounter.

However a solid domestic industry to build here rather than import has lagged till now.

This is IA's average Jawan's kit on the field in 2 years time.

Do u know what accessories average IA will be provided during war.

Medical kit.
Sleeping bag
Sleeping net
Hydro flask
Gloves
Eye protection
Adhesive Tape for doubling Magazine
Walkie talkie.
Com set.
MOLLE vest
Vest attachment.
Combat belt
Scope
Knee pad
Elbow pad
Watches
Knife
Suspenders.
Rain Gear
NCB gear
Gas mask

It's hard to believe we don't manufacture our own gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles