Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Thanx for posting those pics....and also the video..It confirmed once again that indians too have that sort of super Special forces capability

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
SCAR is a very good choice, Better than those M4 in PARA`s Service ..

Scar is operational in many forces including Kenya, It is not very surprising to see this in Indian hands ..

I can only hope to see Scar in Para sf instead of M4 ..
yeah we saw that in Mall terrorist attack.

ghost

Just thinking if this should not have been leaked in public? It is too good to watch something like this. At same time, give out lot of information to enemy.

Some guys used to think Paras are the ultimate force, some Marcos and Garud. But these guys look like big baap of special forces
Sir,

Much of the information in that video is already in public domain, rest of it is not sensitive info so it's alright.Few old photos of SFF personnel:

Regarding room intervention of-course flashbangs are and should be used,but there is something which should be used before flashbang or alone for room intervention.That thing is "Throwbot" which not only increase forces situational awareness ,but due to its size it is quiet easy and flexible to use and can be used in different type of situations.I feel throwbot should lead .

Welcome to ReconRobotics, Inc., world leader in tactical micro-robot systems for military and law enforcement personnel.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The photos seems to be taken after 2005 due to the weaponry .Its interesting to see SFF holding weapons like Arsenal Shipka and Arsenal AR-SF and polymer stock SVD along with bulgarian AKms.
Thanx for posting those pics.

blueblood

The CIA's Secret War in Tibet

Events leading up to the creation of SFF. A good read.

agentura.ru/library/THECIA.doc

salute

I feel this is not the right way to enter the room, if someone with AK 47 standing on left side, both are going to get shot. What you guys think ??
maybe you can give them proper training.:lol:

blueblood

I was re viewing the Rajya Sabha TV's NSG special report and one thing kept bugging me, the phantom unit. According to IG training Maj Gen Moni Chandi "not more than 1 percent of the sample is able to achieve the phantom status". Here's the problem. NSG is divided into 3 SRG and 2 SAG sub unit, each is battalion equivalent i.e. nearly 900 troops.

Now 1% of them is 45 which I believe is too small a number to be true. It is for all intents and purposes less than a single squadron of SAS. Is it just me something fishy?

Or could it be that 1 percent is that of the fresh recruits who are then passed on for further training at some "classified location".
@abingdonboy, @boris, @Kunal Biswas and everyone else.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I was re viewing the Rajya Sabha TV's NSG special report and one thing kept bugging me, the phantom unit. According to IG training Maj Gen Moni Chandi "not more than 1 percent of the sample is able to achieve the phantom status". Here's the problem. NSG is divided into 3 SRG and 2 SAG sub unit, each is battalion equivalent i.e. nearly 900 troops.

Now 1% of them is 45 which I believe is too small a number to be true. It is for all intents and purposes less than a single squadron of SAS. Is it just me something fishy?

Or could it be that 1 percent is that of the fresh recruits who are then passed on for further training at some "classified location".
@abingdonboy, @boris, @Kunal Biswas and everyone else.

The "Phantom" status/unit only applies to SAG personal not SRG so it would be more like 18 men looking at it your way. However this is not how I read it at all, the way he IG talked about it gave me the impression it was 1% of the recruits qualifying to achieve this Phantom status and go on for more advanced training (without watching it again this is what I remember and how it appeared to me at the time) so this 1% of X doesn't work. We will likely never know the size of such a unit.

blueblood

The "Phantom" status/unit only applies to SAG personal not SRG so it would be more like 18 men looking at it your way. However this is not how I read it at all, the way he IG talked about it gave me the impression it was 1% of the recruits qualifying to achieve this Phantom status and go on for more advanced training (without watching it again this is what I remember and how it appeared to me at the time) so this 1% of X doesn't work. We will likely never know the size of such a unit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nb4BjW1ZA4

I guess what you are saying might be true. In that case Phantom unit could be much larger than I assumed.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

blueblood's question about the NSG vid got me thinking. Could it be, that the guys shown in the following pic are actually from the teh secret 'Phantom unit' that Maj Gen Moni Chandi was talking about ? :hmm: wild guess, but what say ??

Quoting from your post:
Indian Special Forces - Page 165
However looking closer at the picture did give me some doubts- 1)that door looks very Indian, I can't think of anywhere else that I would expect to find one that looked like that. 2) The use of single tube face worn (not helmet mounted) NVGs that the majority of the West has long since moved away from and the only units I have seen wearing these in recent years are the PARA (SF) and Garuds 3) I don't know what they are called but if you look at the boots of the operators you can see a green/camo strip, I don't know the purpose of these things but I have noticed this practice is quite commonplace in Indian units (could be with others too but I've only noticed Indian units doing this). And just as an aside, and doesn't mean much really [highlight]the orange walls and door reminded me of one of the NSG's kill houses in Mansear[/highlight]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles