Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
I also have a Buggati but no one believes me.

I always claim but i could never show anyone.

On a more serious note..

We could finish this hallucinations or real claim once and for all if someone could post the RFI to aquire comtacs.

Or any report.

or then a complete team wearing it.
Hahaha, its just like -" Indian Army SF has top notch equipment which is not shown during photo ops but only used during real Ops. During real ops , our boys use hitech equipment so secret like...like 'Advanced COMTACS' which if photographed can be used by the enemy to gain a tactical edge. Hence SF operators are strictly instructed that in addition to keeping an eye on the enemy, they should also keep an eye out for press photographers and hand held mobile camera operators, so that the moment they spot them, they should remove the 'Advanced comtacs' and hide it such that no one can see this sophisticated piece of equipment !"

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Hahaha, its just like -" Indian Army SF has top notch equipment which is not shown during photo ops but only used during real Ops. During real ops , our boys use hitech equipment so secret like...like 'Advanced COMTACS' which if photographed can be used by the enemy to gain a tactical edge. Hence SF operators are strictly instructed that in addition to keeping an eye on the enemy, they should also keep an eye out for press photographers and hand held mobile camera operators, so that the moment they spot them, they should remove the 'Advanced comtacs' and hide it such that no one can see this sophisticated piece of equipment !"
Have you seen any pic of real ops, if so pls share. I am not referring to CI/CT ops.

Killbot

Country flag
Have you seen any pic of real ops, if so pls share. I am not referring to CI/CT ops.
I ask you this: Why not use equipment in CT ops if you have it? They aren't any less riskier than "real ops", in your words. They just don't add up to as much as something like a HVT behind enemy lines in terms of value. That equipment is only gonna make your survivability better.

On another note, we are definitely seeing progress in terms of training at least, so far. I think equipment and mandate will follow, but that is my opinion.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
I ask you this: Why not use equipment in CT ops if you have it? They aren't any less riskier than "real ops", in your words. They just don't add up to as much as something like a HVT behind enemy lines in terms of value. That equipment is only gonna make your survivability better.

On another note, we are definitely seeing progress in terms of training at least, so far. I think equipment and mandate will follow, but that is my opinion.
We don't have enough. Well that's what Hellfire said when I asked him. He added further that SF use it in CI/CT ops, but not as a routine.
Further, why we don't have enough or if we have, why don't we use it, these are questions which Special Forces men or MOD people can answer.

Killbot

Country flag
We don't have enough. Well that's what Hellfire said when I asked him. He added further that SF use it in CI/CT ops, but not as a routine.
Further, why we don't have enough or if we have, why don't we use it, these are questions which Special Forces men or MOD people can answer.
Yeah, I've seen a few AVS plate carriers, MKU integrated comms helmets, etc, but never all in the same place.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
How many times our SF have conducted special ops at the first place? If you Read and remember previous discussions on this thread we discussed that our Special Forces are not doing their intended role, they’re just doing regular CICT ops.

Killbot

Country flag
There are no bulletproof helmets except the Patka as far as I know.
ACH type helmets protect from fragments and shrapnel and such, with a far better coverage than the Patka.
9mm as well. Anything under .44 magnum. And the ones for the new army tender (100000 nos) will be 7.62x39 resistant. Patka is the latter as well.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
How many times our SF have conducted special ops at the first place? If you Read and remember previous discussions on this thread we discussed that our Special Forces are not doing their intended role, they’re just doing regular CICT ops.
In the last 5 years, strike in Myanmar and POK. And SF are right now in eastern Ladakh, if they have done something or not that I don't know.
Bringing ops conducted by SF in public is a decision made by political leadership.
( A similar statement was given by Major vivek Jacob, I think, regarding info about SF ops, though am not sure about it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles