Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killbot

Country flag
there were comments about why our guys look like millitants...
and ofcourse there were people shouting that equipment doesnt matter they are the best sf team in the world.
*terrorists.

Yo undercover yo. They are James bond's daddies, what r u talking about. They have to blend in while being photographed killing other terrorists or their cover will get blown...

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry this is not true 26/11 happened in 2008. The NSG from internal evaluation immediately began a review and upgrade program which included going back to GSG-9. Today is the result of that.

Let's post and restrict ourselves to facts please atleast on this thread. Not propoganda.
I am sorry but previous Congress govt was more interested in pay back and commission from defence deals.

rkhanna

Country flag
I am sorry but previous Congress govt was more interested in pay back and commission from defence deals.
I am sure. Not the thread and that post was false.

PS Also things are not much different with this Govt. Between 2016-2018 I had a decent amount of interactions with MOD to know that while the frosting on the cake is different. It still tastes the same

Indopacific Arya

Country flag
SG also supported the activities of the TSD
Why are SG Champs in deputation for a max 3 years...
In my view SG need a permanent structure with total secrecy for a better co-ordination, for a dedicated mission oriented but what I gain from this forum and also from some of our most knowledgeable people that as worst management as it could be:crazy::crazy::crazy:.
They are using the most valuable sword for vegetable cutting:doh::doh::doh::doh:.

Killbot

Country flag
So is BJP today. There is just more modern equipment on the table today, and the forces are learning from experience and foreign exercises.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Pak attackers, killed in Nagrota encounter, were commando trained who walked 30 km into India in moonless night

According to senior security officials, the slain terrorists were suicide attackers as their groin area was shaved as has been witnessed in case of jihadists in the past incidents. Besides assault rifles, under barrel rocket launchers and pistols, the four were also carrying 6.5 kilograms of nitrocellulose mixed with fuel oil, an explosive used in shaped charges.

So in desperation we can see a wave of commando terrorist armed with sophisticated equipment

Soo new terrorist organization wanna play video video and wanna go for special ops

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
there were comments about why our guys look like millitants...
and ofcourse there were people shouting that equipment doesnt matter they are the best sf team in the world.
They are not the best by any means.

They are defending our nation very well and are capable of handling our enemies easily.

But they are not the best.

World is not South asia.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I am sure. Not the thread and that post was false.

PS Also things are not much different with this Govt. Between 2016-2018 I had a decent amount of interactions with MOD to know that while the frosting on the cake is different. It still tastes the same
The pic which says under BJP is actually from 2013 if i am not wrong or pre modi time from delhi.

Somethings have changed with respect to free hand given to local commanders to avenge.

Procurement is still fucked up and illogical.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The pic which says under BJP is actually from 2013 if i am not wrong or pre modi time from delhi.

Somethings have changed with respect to free hand given to local commanders to avenge.

Procurement is still fucked up and illogical.
Do you think IA will go for CAR-816 16” For Assault Rifle and Cancel AK-203 as it is getting delayed plus CAR-816 Carbine factory will be set up in India.

Killbot

Country flag
Do you think IA will go for CAR-816 16” For Assault Rifle and Cancel AK-203 as it is getting delayed plus CAR-816 Carbine factory will be set up in India.
No. The AK deal is only due to be signed. All but done.

Gessler

Country flag
The AK-203 deal has political backing and/or we have been locked into it politically, very much like the Ka-226 deal. What that means is that while we may even try our best to walk ourselves out of it, it'll be very difficult to tell the Russians off. More than likely we'll drag it on for years & years with no movement in the hope that some viable alternative will emerge. Again just like the Kamov deal.

Either way, the CAR-816 was evaluated under carbine requirement for 5.56x45 rifles, an entirely separate deal from the AK which is meant as service rifle for whole Army.

As of who will emerge victorious in the new carbine tender (which will be inclusive of Make in India component) it will depend solely on who's the lowest bidder. The previous L1 (Caracal) doesn't count, all companies will have to submit fresh commercial & technical bids again.

Killbot

Country flag
The AK-203 deal has political backing and/or we have been locked into it politically, very much like the Ka-226 deal. What that means is that while we may even try our best to walk ourselves out of it, it'll be very difficult to tell the Russians off. More than likely we'll drag it on for years & years with no movement in the hope that some viable alternative will emerge. Again just like the Kamov deal.

Either way, the CAR-816 was evaluated under carbine requirement for 5.56x45 rifles, an entirely separate deal from the AK which is meant as service rifle for whole Army.

As of who will emerge victorious in the new carbine tender (which will be inclusive of Make in India component) it will depend solely on who's the lowest bidder. The previous L1 (Caracal) doesn't count, all companies will have to submit fresh commercial & technical bids again.
What are your thoughts on having to train soldiers on 4 different weapon systems? I.e. AK, AR-15, AR-10 and belt fed LMG.

Gessler

Country flag
What are your thoughts on having to train soldiers on 4 different weapon systems? I.e. AK, AR-15, AR-10 and belt fed LMG.
It's not going to present much of a 'new problem' or challenge. We have that many types (if not more) even today. AK, INSAS, Sterling, MAG etc. So it's more of an "ongoing problem" logistically speaking.

However, this modernization presented an excellent opportunity to streamline this approach, saving both money & human effort, but the opportunity has been squandered.

Technically speaking, the 7.62x39 is a sorry excuse of a service calibre in this day & age. I'm not a fan of the whole AK thing that IA seems to have a hard-on for.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I hardly think than the AK 203 provide any major improvement of accuracy, reliability and range compared to the East European AKs (Bulgarian, Romanian, Czech etc. ) that we already have in service. Among them, the Czech VZ-58( with Para SF) and Bulgarian Arsenal AKs (with CAPF forces) have a high reputation among the forces. Ergonomics and picatinny rail is a separate issue. Better option than AK 203, is modernization of the existing AKs by kits made by FAB Defence or SSS defence.

Killbot

Country flag
I hardly think than the AK 203 provide any major improvement of accuracy, reliability and range compared to the East European AKs (Bulgarian, Romanian, Czech etc. ) that we already have in service. Among them, the Czech VZ-58( with Para SF) and Bulgarian Arsenal AKs (with CAPF forces) have a high reputation among the forces. Ergonomics and picatinny rail is a separate issue. Better option than AK 203, is modernization of the existing AKs by kits made by FAB Defence or SSS defence.
I don't mean to nitpick, but the Vz 58 is not an AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles