Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It can be used for hostile area insertions is what the army said
Potential operators
India

In 2015 the Indian Aviation Research Centre (ARC) became interested in acquiring four V-22s for personnel evacuation in hostile conditions, logistic supplies, and deployment of the Special Frontier Force (SFF) in border areas. India had seen it perform in relief operations of the April 2015 Nepal earthquake.[229] Elements of the Indian Navy have also looked at the V-22 rather than the E-2D for Airborne early warning and control to replace the short-range Kamov Ka-31.[230] India is interested in purchasing six attack version V-22s for rapid troop insertion in border areas.[231][232]

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
It can be used for hostile area insertions is what the army said
For that, we can use any utility helicopter or light transport helicopter like Boeing MH6 helicopter designed for SF operations. Not to mention, above helicopters are cheaper that V22

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Potential operators
India

In 2015 the Indian Aviation Research Centre (ARC) became interested in acquiring four V-22s for personnel evacuation in hostile conditions, logistic supplies, and deployment of the Special Frontier Force (SFF) in border areas. India had seen it perform in relief operations of the April 2015 Nepal earthquake.[229] Elements of the Indian Navy have also looked at the V-22 rather than the E-2D for Airborne early warning and control to replace the short-range Kamov Ka-31.[230] India is interested in purchasing six attack version V-22s for rapid troop insertion in border areas.[231][232]
What is that [229], [230]??? Is it Wikipedia source??

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
For that, we can use any utility helicopter or light transport helicopter like Boeing MH6 helicopter designed for SF operations. Not to mention, above helicopters are cheaper that V22
No bro, Maybe you’re unaware what the osprey can do, it can take off, land and deploy rapidly and can exit the hostile theatre asap with its thrust vectoring rotors making it as fast as a rotor blade aircraft like C-130.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
What is that [229], [230]??? Is it Wikipedia source??
Yes I copied it, I’ll share the link of the same sources.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
No bro, Maybe you’re unaware what the osprey can do, it can take off, land and deploy rapidly and can exit the hostile theatre asap with its thrust vectoring rotors making it as fast as a rotor blade aircraft like C-130.
Bro, I've been fascinated how this Heli works since my school days, I know how it operates and how it's designed to do its job.
It would be way better option for conventional utility helicopters for our SFs and plus its cheaper option!

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Bro, I've been fascinated how this Heli works since my school days, I know how it operates and how it's designed to do its job.
It would be way better option for conventional utility helicopters for our SFs and plus its cheaper option!
Osprey:
Unit costMV-22: US$72.1 million (flyaway cost for FY2015)

AZTEC

Country flag
I said conventional SFs bro (Army, navy, Airforce)!! Not Marine Corps who are the primary users of V22!! Albeit US Navy too uses it in few numbers, but not for its SFs.
Bro, that photo is of CV-22 variant of US Air Force, not Marines. Those soldiers are most probably green berets, not marines.
The MV-22 variant is used by US Marine Corps, not CV-22.

According to official website of USAF, "the mission of the CV-22 is to conduct long-range infiltration, exfiltration and resupply missions for special operations forces".

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Bro, that photo is of CV-22 variant of US Air Force, not Marines. Those soldiers are most probably green berets, not marines.
The MV-22 variant is used by US Marine Corps, not CV-22.

According to official website of USAF, "the mission of the CV-22 is to conduct long-range infiltration, exfiltration and resupply missions for special operations forces".
CV 22 primary user is USMC exclusively!! The CV22 choppers of USAF is used in USSOCOM and not exclusively for the USAF operations!! In that matter even US Army uses MV22 choppers in USSOCOM

AZTEC

Country flag
CV 22 primary user is USMC exclusively!! The CV22 choppers of USAF is used in USSOCOM and not exclusively for the USAF operations!! In that matter even US Army uses MV22 choppers in USSOCOM
WTF bro. LOL. 🤦‍♀️(No offence)

At least read the link you provided carefully. It says,
“The tilt-rotor aircraft is available in three configurations: the Combat Assault and Assault Support MV-22 for the USMC and the US Army; the long-range special operations CV-22 for US Special Operations Command (US SOCOM); and the US Navy HV-22, for combat search and rescue, special warfare and fleet logistic support.”
If you have any idea about how integrated theatre commands work in US, you would have realised that it’s the US Air Force which operates CV-22 under SOCOM command.

Please read this official link that I provided.👇

Last edited:

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
WTF bro. LOL. (No offence)

At least read the link you provided carefully. It says,

If you have any idea about how integrated theatre commands work in US, you would have realised that it’s the US Air Force which operates CV-22 under SOCOM command.

Please read this official link that I provided.👇
Wtf bro????
What's wrong with what I said?? I said CV22 used by USAF is assigned with USSOCOM and its not intended for its own operations!! Plus I mentioned it clearly!!

AZTEC

Country flag
Wtf bro????
What's wrong with what I said?? I said CV22 used by USAF is assigned with USSOCOM and its not intended for its own operations!! Plus I mentioned it clearly!!
You said “CV 22 primary user is USMC exclusively”. That’s wrong.

But no big issue. Mistakes happen. So never mind.:)

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I said conventional SFs bro (Army, navy, Airforce)!! Not Marine Corps who are the primary users of V22!! Albeit US Navy too uses it in few numbers, but not for its SFs.
There's an upcoming cheaper option to Osprey at 1/3rd cost.
However, Valor may not a direct replacement for Osprey. "But even if the Army does select the tiltrotor V-280, AFSOC Commander Lt. Gen. James Slife said the Valor is not advanced enough to replace the CV-22, the Air Force special operations variant of the V-22 tiltrotor transport aircraft".

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
There's an upcoming cheaper option to Osprey at 1/3rd cost.
However, Valor may not a direct replacement for Osprey. "But even if the Army does select the tiltrotor V-280, AFSOC Commander Lt. Gen. James Slife said the Valor is not advanced enough to replace the CV-22, the Air Force special operations variant of the V-22 tiltrotor transport aircraft".
Dayyum looks sexy!! The US is always two decades ahead in Aerospace industry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles