Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Arad will likely compete in the carbine tender, which will be floated soon. It will be a shorter barrel version (10.5" to 12.5" range). Effective upto 300m.
The optic is a Primary arms 3x prism, I presume. Dope optic. I really hope IA goes for it. Best thing abt it is, it's really rugged. Prism optics are Kinda like the AKs of the optic world. Will survive Indian conditions. 17000 hour battery life for illuminated reticle. It can run even without illuminated reticle. So think of it as permanent. Costs abt $300ish. So better than $1500 ACOG for infantryman. Only disadvantage is that it is heavier than ACOG. FoV is also similar to ACOG. But why US army uses ACOG is because of low weight, obviously, and Night Vision capability.
But 3x prism optic is best for Infantry, especially considering Primary Arms offers it with 7.62*39 reticle.
The reason why ACOGs are in service with US because they use Tritium, means infinite battery (yes you need to replace tritium after 4-5 years) whereas Prism is battery based, IMO Prism is 1/6th the cost of ACOG but 17000 hour battery life is damn dope, plus ACOGs were introduced earlier so that’s why US still uses it and is best no doubt.

17000 battery life means 709 days of non stop battery backup, will be cheaper if made in India in bulk like the BEL sight, and primary arms is not a chhapri brand, but a world class proven company. Prism is heavier cuz it uses a battery, whereas ACOG doesn’t need a battery. I guess it is the ACOG which is called 4x in PUBG and the Prism called the 3x in PUBG.

4x is too much 3x is apt.
1603041865594.jpeg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think Galil ACE, is already under testing phase with the IA and will be the first choice than Arad, since Ace is field tested around the world, but time will tell.
Nonetheless it is confirmed that Arad is being manufactured with Carmel in Madhya Pradesh in a JV called PLR systems, maybe ARAD and CARMEL be used extensively with Special Forces.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Nonetheless it is confirmed that Arad is being manufactured with Carmel in Madhya Pradesh in a JV called PLR systems, maybe ARAD and CARMEL be used extensively with Special Forces.
Yes, especially Carmel for our SFs and ghataks and CAPFs will be lit. That's one hell of a rifle for Special operators!!

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I knew that some may not believe so some points here

1) It is not the same Batlskin VIPER P2 Used by the PARA SF & MARCOS.
VIPER P2 of PARA SF
View attachment 63272

VIPER P2 of MARCOS
View attachment 63273

COBRA P2 of SG
View attachment 63263
View attachment 63262
View attachment 63271
Above posted by SFOI FB Page

Below from my sources

Helmet used by SG is Batlskin COBRA P2 which is also issued to British Armed Forces

2) Judging from the pictures SG only uses ACOGs on their S-TAR 21 w Upper Rails. These are just like the rails on X95 advanced used by the SFF.

3) Only other known user of 'S-TAR 21 with 12 O' Clock rails' are IAF GARUDs. But here is a small difference between S-TAR21 of GARUDs & SG. Garuds have newer S-TAR 21s with rails on charging handle & have black STANAG magazines instead of grey ones used by SG. While SG is still using S-TAR 21 procured in 2003 with grey magazines & no rails on charging handle.

I checked all the pictures of GARUDs but here some for the reference & to support my claims.
View attachment 63267View attachment 63268View attachment 63269
View attachment 63266View attachment 63265

4) Another fact is GARUDs only operate in Bandipora District along with RR & Hajin Police.

5) There is not a single picture of Garud using ACOG or these Revision military VIPER P2 or COBRA P2 Helmets. So no GARUDs for sure.
where do these guys buy those horrible vests from?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The reason why ACOGs are in service with US because they use Tritium, means infinite battery (yes you need to replace tritium after 4-5 years) whereas Prism is battery based, IMO Prism is 1/6th the cost of ACOG but 17000 hour battery life is damn dope, plus ACOGs were introduced earlier so that’s why US still uses it and is best no doubt.

17000 battery life means 709 days of non stop battery backup, will be cheaper if made in India in bulk like the BEL sight, and primary arms is not a chhapri brand, but a world class proven company. Prism is heavier cuz it uses a battery, whereas ACOG doesn’t need a battery. I guess it is the ACOG which is called 4x in PUBG and the Prism called the 3x in PUBG.

View attachment 63378
Yes, especially Carmel for our SFs and ghataks and CAPFs will be lit. That's one hell of a rifle for Special operators!!
I just calculated that equipping 20 lakh soldiers of Army and Paramilitary and CAPF with Primary Arms prism 3x scope will cost 4000 crores or 550 million dollars.
Its true that BEL Holographic sights will be used in mass, my question is, why doesn’t all armies equip with the same? Just 55 million dollars but they don’t? not even Pakistan or China, US took years to equip their soldiers with optics idk why?
or am I underestimating something? @Unknowncommando 2 ???

Primary Arms Prism 3x
1603043392069.jpeg

BEL Holographic sight
1603044266445.jpeg

Killbot

Country flag

View attachment 63378
Prism can run without battery as well.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2 what is the standard equipment of the SFF? as it is a 10,000 Commando strong force, so what is their standard issue equipment from small arms to optics to helmets, and other combat gear?

coz I believe that weapons like SCAR-L and P90 as shown for SFF are used by SG not by the SFF

I feel this pic is of SG as SCAR-L can’t be a standard issue of SFF considering the size of force and the price of gun. Plus there is a F2000 also, makes it confirmed that these guys are SG.
1603123827442.png

And I also feel it is SG that uses P90 not SFF, I guess SFF is equipped with only Tavors and FAB Modified AK-47s.
1603124388997.jpeg

Otherwise IDK.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2 what is the standard equipment of the SFF? as it is a 10,000 Commando strong force, so what is their standard issue equipment from small arms to optics to helmets, and other combat gear?

coz I believe that weapons like SCAR-L and P90 as shown for SFF are used by SG not by the SFF

I feel this pic is of SG as SCAR-L can’t be a standard issue of SFF considering the size of force and the price of gun. Plus there is a F2000 also, makes it confirmed that these guys are SG.
View attachment 63669

And I also feel it is SG that uses P90 not SFF, I guess SFF is equipped with only Tavors and FAB Modified AK-47s.
View attachment 63672
Otherwise IDK.
SFF do use FN P90 PWD, and other weapons they use are HK MP5SD, Tavor x95, Mono tube NVG.
If you scroll through this same thread in previous pages, I have personally uploaded SFF operatives using P90, even FN SCAR.
Screenshot_20201019_215704.jpg

Screenshot_20201019_215724.jpg

rkhanna

Country flag

View attachment 63669

View attachment 63672
Otherwise IDK.
The first picture is indeed SG. That js the NSG kill house

abingdonboy

Country flag

View attachment 63669

View attachment 63672
Otherwise IDK.
No point in conflating SFF and SG, for all intents and purposes they are entirely separate units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles