Indian Scale Models

BlackViking

Country flag
@tomthounaojam where do you store all these? I used to make a lot models with ice-cream sticks and each time we moved they were sold as scrap😥😥

tomthounaojam

Country flag
@Foxbat it is Směr kit which is KP original tooling from the 70s hence you may find it crude.
@BlackViking This is is just the tip of the iceberg I have built more than 600+ in last years, some are in boxes in Mumbai house as I don't have spaces, will be shifting here soon.

SkepticalIndian

Country flag
Started my project yesterday, scratch build INS Arihant and present it as a gift to my older son Arihant on his B-Day. Does anyone know where I can get the actual line drawings for this sub? Thank you.

SkepticalIndian

Country flag
This is an Smer kit so it is quite easily available, maybe you try some Eastern Europe model sites and there are plenty of them.
Regarding the Hindi font, it is Devanagari font which is quite easily available on the web.
I am going to check out the eastern European model sites. Here in US, it is mostly Revell etc :(

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @tomthounaojam aap ne kabhi Scratch built kiya hai kya?.

Foxbat

Country flag
They are built from plastic model kits, see this video:

Pre bday self gift, Yay!!! Bahadur time
I have built the MF, its a detailed kit but comes with 0 weapons which is a shame despite the premium pricing. Where did you get these kits, they are pretty rare. I bought mine from a private seller in Germany and ended paying more for the shipping than the kit itself.

PXL_20211022_105117165.jpg

I believe only the Mig-27s were referred to as "Bahadur". Mig-23s were "Vijay" (Victory - BN variant), and "Rakshak" (Saviour - MF variant).

tomthounaojam

Country flag
I have built the MF, its a detailed kit but comes with 0 weapons which is a shame despite the premium pricing. Where did you get these kits, they are pretty rare. I bought mine from a private seller in Germany and ended paying more for the shipping than the kit itself.
I believe only the Mig-27s were referred to as "Bahadur". Mig-23s were "Vijay" (Victory - BN variant), and "Rakshak" (Saviour - MF variant).
Yes, they are expensive and am aware of san weapons but I have many surplus weapons lol as I seldom keep weapons on my aircraft. HLJ used to list them but sadly these kits are discontinued. I paid a very okay price and really happy and the best part shipping was FREE.
Yes, Mate you can't do scratch building as well depending on the subject and kit you have and details you want to do it all personal taste, cheers

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Greetings,
M first aircraft of the year and I started from one hell of a kit, the Heller 1:72 1979 tooling Mirage 2000b in Indian Air Force. The kit was a bit crude by today's standard and needs a ton of sanding, filling, and try fit. It was a bit exhausting trying to create a smooth surface without losing the detail was sanding it, plus already raised lines it was a bit challenging. The last time I built a Mirage 2000 was in 2014 and was hesitant to do the Mirage camo as it was a bit confusing, however, this time with Tamiya and local color modulation I am quite happy with what I have come out with. The decal was a bit meh and quite stiff so, I borrowed from another kit. without further ado here it is. Thank you for looking, cheers.

Haldilal

Country flag
Greetings,
M first aircraft of the year and I started from one hell of a kit, the Heller 1:72 1979 tooling Mirage 2000b in Indian Air Force. The kit was a bit crude by today's standard and needs a ton of sanding, filling, and try fit. It was a bit exhausting trying to create a smooth surface without losing the detail was sanding it, plus already raised lines it was a bit challenging. The last time I built a Mirage 2000 was in 2014 and was hesitant to do the Mirage camo as it was a bit confusing, however, this time with Tamiya and local color modulation I am quite happy with what I have come out with. The decal was a bit meh and quite stiff so, I borrowed from another kit. without further ado here it is. Thank you for looking, cheers.

Ya'll Nibbiars agar itna kharcha karoge to phir bhabhi ji date nahi hai kya?.

Haldilal

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles