Indian Role in Afghanistan

DaRk WaVe

Why the hell should we care about what Pakistan thinks about India's presence in Afghanistan,,,,,India is a free and sovereign nation and its administrators have every right to decide about its strategic and military deployments in foreign countries.Whether Pakistan is threatened about loosing ground in Afghanistan due to increased Indian involvement over there or is it threatened about the growing Indio-American partnership should be put in a cupboard.Rather we should percieve thet India's image on the global arena is on the rise due to it's involvement in the stabilisation and development of Afghanistan.
not at all, you should not care at all about Pakistan, the Indian presence is no way acceptable in our backyard, you can certainly do whats in your interests & we will do whats in our interests

India was never a party in Afghanistan & it never will be, the solution of Afghan Problem is possible without India but certainly not without Pakistan :)

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Its funny. We think of Pakistan as our backyard the same way as you think of Afghanistan. ;)

India will be present in Afghanistan and nothing Pakistan does can prevent it. It has to reconcile with the reality.

Pakistan is part of the problem, not the solution.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
vinod,
Pakistan is not india's backyard....but is something else like dumping ground...=xD .....you are too generous in saying that pakistan is part of the problem but the in reality pakistan is itself a problem.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Well you need to be a bit nice to the guest. ;)

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
not at all, you should not care at all about Pakistan, the Indian presence is no way acceptable in our backyard, you can certainly do whats in your interests & we will do whats in our interests

India was never a party in Afghanistan & it never will be, the solution of Afghan Problem is possible without India but certainly not without Pakistan :)
Ah...ha the zardari in you just sopke...10% solution of the afghan problem possible with pakistan.what about other 90 %.....BTW you like it or not indians were/is/will always be there right under your nose...When indians are rigth up there every where in pakistan then afghanistan is not that far for indians... and indians are travelling right on the the grand trunk road passing through wagha right through t the khyber pass to kabul....There is something which is never told to pakistanis by its army and govt.nothing new in it coz thats always the case with pakistani ruling elites be it military or civilian. but it slowly dawns when the truth comes out that indian trucks are passing everyday to afghanistan just like poor pakistanis were not told of 1971 surrender full 1 year and then dawn had to publish that editorial in 1972 to break the news to pakistanis(check out the 1971 related thread.)do one thing once spend whole day at wagha and come and tell here how many trucks and trailers pass into pakistan and where they headed to.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Is emo our guest or she is one of among us?i'm unable to decide on this.....

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

one more thing emo did you save this message on you HDD that you have been posting same wording to each and every sundry....this was first you posted on DFI in mid feb...if i'm not wrong in my one of afghanistan thread ..and same message i'm seeing same wording for the nth time.Is it some mantra that by repeating these 2 line mantra you feel that india will vanish like Jinn from afghanistan and you'll feel safe??????

DaRk WaVe

one more thing emo did you save this message on you HDD that you have been posting same wording to each and every sundry....this was first you posted on DFI in mid feb...if i'm not wrong in my one of afghanistan thread ..and same message i'm seeing same wording for the nth time.Is it some mantra that by repeating these 2 line mantra you feel that india will vanish like Jinn from afghanistan and you'll feel safe??????
really? I never noticed that i am copy pasting anything, I never said that India will vanish from Afgh like a Jin because i simply dont believe in jins (ghosts)
& i am also seeing the same old wordings for Indians :p

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
your backyard will be nuclear soon when Iran goes nuclear.
LF if you look at the new great game then next pawn for west will be either iran or turkey.pakistan has served its purpose in old great game for which it was created with soviets collapse.Remember one of the assumptions in SIR OLAF CAROE balochistan was independent country(this he assumed way back in 1930-40 period.) and then look at ralph peter's maps and you will know how west is closely following the age old great game since curzon's time.the thing is iraq war was actually to project shias of iraq as force to count with coz all those they were under sunni bathist party of saddam.now west is trying to project either turkey or shias against sunnis.and for iranian mullahs to be toppled first.the area gainers in ralph peters map is iran and pakistan loses its present west and balochistan.iran combines with the iraq shia parts will be projected as a force against sunnis.so new players in he great game will be iran china russia turkey along with west.idia will be fence sitter as was in old game.coz west and india dont trust each others intentions.west wants a compliant india just like pakistan is...but this is never possible with india and india wont join the russia china camp due to the distrust it has on china.in new game pakistan will be dispensed with.

one thing you ve to appreciate about british and west that they think 50-100 years before and mould their foreign policy based on that.And the follow the same policy irrespective of party in power.

check out this....

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
really? I never noticed that i am copy pasting anything, I never said that India will vanish from Afgh like a Jin because i simply dont believe in jins (ghosts)
& i am also seeing the same old wordings for Indians :p
if dont believe in jinns then you are committing fitna.......and how can you see old wordings fror indians when pakistan itself says that indians are master of words...=heheh

Country flag
http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article440972.ece

'U.S. will not prevent India from training Afghan Army'

The United States will not limit any effort by India to offer direct training to the Afghan Army, according to Robert Blake, Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs.

Responding to an observation that many in Pakistan, including General Ashfaq Kayani, had objected to India playing such a role, Mr. Blake said, the U.S. had "welcomed very much the assistance that India has provided and all of our cabinet-level officials have welcomed that and will continue to do so."

He also stated that India had played a very important role with the $1.3 billion in assistance that they provided to date, mostly in infrastructure and other kinds of reconstruction projects, but certainly also in capacity building and training.

Mr. Blake added that India's role was "a very important part of the international effort to help stabilise Afghanistan."

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^USA uses india card to get its work done from pakistan.....wait for some time situation in AFPAK is too murky and PA is refusing to go into NW even after so much prodding by usa.i think india card usa is playing now to force PA for NW operation.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
below report is one fine example how usa twists the facts....I hope GOI is aware of usa's double dealing on afghanistan wrt pakistan.Hope GOI dont get satisfied by empty platitudes from usa and chart its own way independent of usa interests in the region.

U.S. seeks to balance India's Afghanistan stake

(Reuters) - The Obama administration is grappling with how to balance India's role in Afghanistan as arch-rival Pakistan also jostles for influence there ahead of Washington's planned troop withdrawal to start in mid-2011.

U.S. strategy in Afghanistan is set to be included on the agenda in U.S.-India talks this week in Washington -- with Delhi seeking clarity over rival Pakistan's role, particularly in reconciliation plans with the Taliban.

The Obama administration has so far sent mixed signals over the kind of role it wants India to play in Afghanistan, leaving an impression at times, say experts, that Pakistan's strategic interests could have more weight.

"I don't think this (U.S.) administration or the previous one knows how to balance our legitimate interests in both Pakistan and India effectively," said Christine Fair, assistant professor at Georgetown University and a South Asia expert.

While U.S. diplomats have praised the $1.3 billion India has pumped into reconstruction work in Afghanistan since 2001, military commanders have voiced concern that muscle-flexing by India could provoke Pakistan and stir up regional tensions.

"Increasing Indian influence in Afghanistan is likely to exacerbate regional tensions and encourage Pakistani countermeasures in Afghanistan or India," wrote U.S. General Stanley McChrystal, who is in charge of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan, in a leaked assessment of the war last September.

The implication of McChrystal's view, said expert Lisa Curtis, was that India's approach was not viewed as helpful and Pakistan's strategic interests were more in play.

"That sent the wrong signal," said Curtis. "The U.S. should instead positively reinforce the political and economic activities of engagement by India (in Afghanistan)," added Curtis, who is with the Heritage Foundation.

"The idea that we would somehow ask India ... to draw back from Afghanistan to placate Pakistan which is still harboring Afghan Taliban leadership is very short-sighted and frankly makes no strategic sense," said Curtis.

DEFENSIVE OVER INDIA'S ROLE

Senior U.S. officials strongly reject suggestions that Pakistani interests take preference in Afghanistan or that there has been a push to "go slow" in its ties with India.

"I have never heard that," said one senior U.S. official. "Our consistent line, both privately to the Indians and the Pakistanis, has been that we can have a positive relationship with both countries. In other words, the friend of my enemy is not my enemy in this case," added the official.

Washington is juggling Pakistani complaints over India's activities, including building roads close to the border areas and reports of new diplomatic outposts, which Delhi denies.

"My response to Pakistan's complaints about India is that you are free to do the same thing and to help Afghanistan rebuild," said the senior U.S. official of Pakistani claims.

India, for its part, says Pakistani claims are overblown and points to its own losses in Afghanistan, including an attack on one of its guest houses this year, as well as Pakistan harboring militants on its territory.

One of Delhi's biggest concerns is the role Pakistan might play in reconciliation moves in Afghanistan, with fears any Afghan plan to broker a deal with the Taliban could undermine India's security and give Islamabad greater influence there.

Pakistan, one of a handful of countries that recognized the Taliban regime before the U.S. invasion in 2001, is seen as a key player in any plan for reconciliation.

"From the Indian point of view, what is at stake here is they don't want the return of the Taliban," said Fair.

James Dobbins, former U.S. special envoy for Afghanistan, said the U.S. needed to take a firm line with both countries over their activities in Afghanistan.

"The U.S. message to the Pakistanis must be to stop being so paranoid ... Its message to the Indians must be to stop provoking the Pakistanis," said Dobbins, who is with the Rand Corporation.

One area where he said the United States wanted to see improvement was in resolving Indian and Pakistani differences over the disputed region of Kashmir, a conflict which overshadowed cooperation on Afghanistan.

"The U.S. believes that the prime difference between Pakistan and India is not over Afghanistan but over Kashmir. As long as there is a divide over Kashmir, they will never agree on Afghanistan," said Dobbins.

Logan

Country flag
At least our backyard is not Nuclear :)
Pakistan is a real dirty little shit to talk of of nuclear weapons everytime,,,,
Now just look at the funny side in case of a nuclear warfare how long can that sustain an Indian attack specially when it is not more than the size of my cupboard!!
HA HA HA =xD
Also you people ahve the reputation to surrender dont you!!!=xD

Iamanidiot

At least our backyard is not Nuclear :)
sorry madam the pile of poo you left in afghamistan is such that i doesn't need to be nuclear it is much worse than that.Who knows your politicians may face najibullahs fate one fine day

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
India likely to get role in Afghan military affairs

Kabul, June 22(ANI): The ongoing row between the NATO forces and allied European countries regarding provisions of training for the Afghan National Army is reportedly paving way for 'legalized' Indian presence in Afghanistan.

According to reports, with NATO's European allies being reluctant to cooperate any further in Afghanistan, India is likely to be assigned a major role in Afghanistan's military affairs.

The 120 million dollar deal given to private military company, Blackwater, by the U.S. Department of State is being seen as a pertinent move in this regard.

The dwindling chances of training of Afghan forces by the European states are to blur further thus giving India all the needed justifications to 'serve' in Afghanistan, The Nation reports.

Currently, India's work in Afghanistan is limited to economic assistance.ndia and Afghanistan have also signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in labour related areas.

Under the terms of MoU, India will provide technical support in developing a comprehensive employment strategy for Afghanistan in order to enable the Government of Afghanistan to tackle its major problem of large-scale unemployment.ndia would also assist Afghanistan in establishment and expansion of vocational training programmers, as well as technical support in its other skill development initiatives like procedures for certification, trainers for vocational training centres, selection of viable vocational skills and setting up the procedures for providing modular skills.

India will also give technical support to the Ministry of Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled in establishment of the Labour Research and Resource Centre in Afghanistan on the lines of the V.V. Giri National labour Institute in India, which will act as a nodal department for coordinating and conducting research, providing resources and conducting training on labour related issues. (ANI)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles