Indian Railways News

Concard

Country flag
Indian Railways to invite tenders for manufacturing 200 lightweight Vande Bharat trains. Alstom India, Medha Servo, Titagarh Wagons, Siemens, Russia’s TMH are the five bidders for a 26,000 crore order.

I hope they don't give it to the Russian company. Russians themselves don't have best train network and with sanctions they won't be able to complete the project. I wouldn't be surprised if they rip us of like the aircraft carrier. Play all these companies against each other and get the lowest price and full transfer of technology.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
I hope they don't give it to the Russian company. Russians themselves don't have best train network and with sanctions they won't be able to complete the project. I wouldn't be surprised if they rip us of like the aircraft carrier. Play all these companies against each other and get the lowest price and full transfer of technology.
Whoever will win will have to build it here, no other way

GigaChadBharatiya

Country flag
I beg to differ.
I think its best to give 100 each to BEML-Siemens and Medha-Stadler. However, it *SHOULD* be on the condition that the rolling stock will be co - designed with the Indian partner. Barely making in India or Technology transfer is useless. We need our guys to learn HOW to design trains, and not just manufacture them looking at a sheet.

Dr_Deep

Country flag

I hope they give to this Indian Company Titagarh Wagons..which acquired an Italian Company Firema SpA, and thus has their IP for EMU Rolling Stocks. They are the ones who rolled out Pune Metro's Aluminium Rolling Stock ( India's 1st)..and manufactured them in India at their Kolkata Factory.

Jackdaw

Country flag
I wonder what happens to these railway ministers after they take charge. The previous minister, Mr. Piyush Goyal, was pushing CRRC chinese railroad corporation in Indian projects preventing mass production of Vande bharat trains in the name of "internationalization of tenders". Present railway minister, Mr. Ashwini Vaishnaw, is pushing Spain's Talgo company's trains, while selling them as "Tilting trains". The present minister in his previous avatar lobbied and prevented Govt. from dropping the contract with GE for diesel locomotives despite railway ministry has previously decided to go all in for 100% electrification.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I wonder what happens to these railway ministers after they take charge. The previous minister, Mr. Piyush Goyal, was pushing CRRC chinese railroad corporation in Indian projects preventing mass production of Vande bharat trains in the name of "internationalization of tenders". Present railway minister, Mr. Ashwini Vaishnaw, is pushing Spain's Talgo company's trains, while selling them as "Tilting trains". The present minister in his previous avatar lobbied and prevented Govt. from dropping the contract with GE for diesel locomotives despite railway ministry has previously decided to go all in for 100% electrification.
You can't go without diesel locomotives and ge one are the most efficient in the world , secondly ,they want tilting technology in train 18 , not the talgo trainsets, third piyush goyal himself thrown out CRRC in many tenders

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Big people do big deals. Few can deny offer of multi crores (several hundred crores) both in party funds and in individual account when you are the man having the power to change policy at the stroke of a pen.

Hari Sud

Country flag
‘Fault finding with work in progress. In my opinion Railway expansion and modernization is going very well. …….. Which company are you representing as a salesman.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
68 incidents in half a year, this is scary, what is Indian Railways doing?

Fine the fuck out of those cattle owners.

SKC

Country flag
68 incidents in half a year, this is scary, what is Indian Railways doing?

Fine the fuck out of those cattle owners.
Usual stuff. Nothing out of ordinary!

IR needs to do nothing here! These accidents happen all the time. How many other trains hits cattle each year us not even reported.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Usual stuff. Nothing out of ordinary!

IR needs to do nothing here! These accidents happen all the time. How many other trains hits cattle each year us not even reported.
back of the envelope calculations, 18 lakh km since inception div by 500 km(average VB trip distance), around 3500 trips. 800 trips per year and 68 accidents of this type. 2% accident rate of this nature.

SKC

Country flag
back of the envelope calculations, 18 lakh km since inception div by 500 km(average VB trip distance), around 3500 trips. 800 trips per year and 68 accidents of this type. 2% accident rate of this nature.
par @FalconSlayers Nahi manega!

Din mai 2-3 baar Modi and Govt ko gali na de to iska din pura nahi hota.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles