Indian Railways News

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Railways is under a transformation. I recently travelled in Humsafar style coaches and the interior was mindboggling. Clean toilets with air fresheners, even a urinal and a baby diaper changing pad. Aeroplane style air assisted wash system. There were USB charger ports at all berth levels and the berths were new beige color designed. All major routes are undergoing expansion. I travelled on the Delhi Bhopal section and the Ahmedabad Ujjain section. Many small stations all across the routes are getting revamped which remained dilapidated for decades.
But I also saw a Pir baba Dargah at the Jhansi rly station which said It stands for Hindu Muslim unity. It truly felt out of place and an encroachment on public land. Never seen a temple promoted as a symbol of Hindu Muslim unity.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I haven't been in India since 2016 but I had a dream that by 2030 there were bullet train corridors. Mumbai to Delhi. Delhi to Varanasi. Delhi to Kolkata. Delhi to Kochi. Delhi to Bangalore. One can dream, right?

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I haven't been in India since 2016 but I had a dream that by 2030 there were bullet train corridors. Mumbai to Delhi. Delhi to Varanasi. Delhi to Kolkata. Delhi to Kochi. Delhi to Bangalore. One can dream, right?
You will see Mumbai to Delhi and Delhi to Kolkata by 2031 which includes delhi Varanasi I don’t think other routes you mentioned have been announced
The Mumbai-Delhi-Kolkata corridor passes via Ahmedabad , Jaipur , Lucknow and Patna

Jimih

Country flag
Train Accident in North Bengal LIVE Updates: 3 Killed, Several Injured; PM Takes Stock of Situation, Railway Min Announces Ex-gratia

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Indian made Class S13A Inaugural Journey to Jaffna By Sri Lanka Railways

On 9th Jan 2022, the Class S13A powerset imported from India started its inaugural journey to Jaffna from Colombo city. These powersets are fully air-conditioned and they will now replace previous Class S12 powersets made in China.

To rub salt into the wounds of the Chinese, this Indian-made train was inaugurated when the Chinese foreign minister was visiting Sri Lanka! If this was not a slap on the face of the Chinese, I don't know what is!!! :pound:

There are 10 passenger coaches on this train and many people gathered to witness this proud moment. These coaches are made at ICF Chennai. This luxury train was purchased by Sri Lanka under a line of credit
for Sri Lankan Rs 2.5 billion.

Check it out.....

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Physx32

Country flag
Indian made Class S13A Inaugural Journey to Jaffna By Sri Lanka Railways

On 9th Jan 2022, the Class S13A powerset imported from India started its inaugural journey to Jaffna from Colombo city. These powersets are fully air-conditioned and they will now replace previous Class S12 powersets made in China.

To rub salt into the wounds of the Chinese, this Indian-made train was inaugurated when the Chinese foreign minister was visiting Sri Lanka! If this was not a slap on the face of the Chinese, I don't know what is!!! :pound:

There are 10 passenger coaches on this train and many people gathered to witness this proud moment. These coaches are made at ICF Chennai.

Check it out.....

View attachment 132109

This looks better than trains made by the same ICF for IR. There are no ugly grills on windows. Don't understand why RDSO makes our trains look ugly.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
This looks better than trains made by the same ICF for IR. There are no ugly grills on windows. Don't understand why RDSO makes our trains look ugly.
We have grills because we Indians can otherwise throw out some poor sods out of the window to make space for others!! 😜😂 And then entry is usually through windows in overcrowded trains! Mera Bharat Mahan!! 😌

sorcerer

Country flag
Railways plans double decker trains for passenger & cargo transport | India News - Times of India
Dipak K Dash / TNN / Feb 9, 2022, 11:31 IST

2 minutes

NEW DELHI: In a first, the Indian Railways plans to roll out double decker trains which can transport cargo and passengers as well. First two such trains with 20 coaches will be manufactured with nearly Rs 160 crore investments at a rail coach factory, sources said.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Kavach tech was "tested" today.
=========
What is Kavach Technology Announced In Budget| TCAS-Train Collision Avoidance System|Indian Railways

Rear-end collision Testing is successful. Kavach automatically stopped the Loco before 380m

Successful Trial of KAVACH!Hon’ble MR Ashwini Vaishnaw witnessed the functioning of KAVACH in SCR

MR witnessed the successful trial of 'KAVACH'-an indigenously designed Automatic Train Protection

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian Railway links to soon connect India with Nepal and Bangladesh
Zee Media Bureau

3-4 minutes

While addressing a leading institute, Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla on March 9 said that India will soon be connected with Nepal by two railway links and six rail networks will be initiated for connectivity with Bangladesh.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles