Indian Railways News

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Well, that won't happen until the IR entity functions like a corporation. IR needs to be put on BSE and managed as a corporate entity. Let the Ministry of Railways decide the regulations and monitor the development, but IR especially the manufacturing factories, need to be hived off as separate PSEs.

Without corporatization, the old thoughts will continue.
I fully agree. They should have a commercial arm like Antarix corporation of ISRO.

Chinmoy

Country flag
My question remains: Why the heck don't we export railways the way China does to other developing countries of the world?

Being a non-intrusive country, we might have better luck earning foreign exchange from them on international credit terms.
Let me share with you a small news from last year.

Sri Lanka had placed an order for 10 locos with India. 8 of those were delivered, but last year one of those engines met a freak accident. The prima facie of the accident occurred seems to be because of faulty track laying which resulted in the track giving away under. It is a normal accident which has occurred across the world railway.

But the railway union came up with an absurd excuse of Indian locos not fit for Sri Lankan rails as being bigger in size and unable to make turns. As a result they pressurized the government to cancel the deal of remaining locos. Now imagine who came up to supply locos?

So basically one would need huge indirect investments in foreign countries to gain a market chunk. But we all know that whenever we tried doing it, there is one crisis or other which came up in the country which meant that we were unable to reroute resources.

mandestiny

Country flag

Sri Lanka had placed an order for 10 locos with India. 8 of those were delivered, but last year one of those engines met a freak accident. The prima facie of the accident occurred seems to be because of faulty track laying which resulted in the track giving away under. It is a normal accident which has occurred across the world railway.

But the railway union came up with an absurd excuse of Indian locos not fit for Sri Lankan rails as being bigger in size and unable to make turns. As a result they pressurized the government to cancel the deal of remaining locos. Now imagine who came up to supply locos?

So basically one would need huge indirect investments in foreign countries to gain a market chunk. But we all know that whenever we tried doing it, there is one crisis or other which came up in the country which meant that we were unable to reroute resources.
Now this coronavirus, impact hugely. Don't know when India will recover.

One thing certain, some countries don't want to grow after certain point.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

First we need to reform our manufacturing , i have seen and felt our lhb coaches are damn heavy and put a huge load on tracks , aluminum body is need of hour , kne thing that's good is production is picking up .

Dawonsys deal with mcf rae barellie is delayed for supplying rakes , it would give us enough potential , for 140 kmph speed on existing tracks and 180+ on upgraded ones .

These heavy.steel coaches are prone to rust , lot heavier , less sturdy , less life , and slower .

Our train 18 can kick all butt if we make it on aluminum body

mandestiny

Country flag
Explain me how ,this 10 year figure
The problem we have so many problem elements inside our country, which trying to topple govt.

Govt taken some good steps in self reliance but it needling big lobbies.

How this lobby will allow industry to run as govt looking after covid issue.

mandestiny

Country flag
The problem we have so many problem elements inside our country, which trying to topple govt.

Govt taken some good steps in self reliance but it needling big lobbies.

How this lobby will allow industry to run as govt looking after covid issue.
Example see impact on ISRO.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag

If it was faulty track laying and the unions blamed India and China replaced.. it's a PR fail (what more do you expect). Indian government didn't fight hard enough. China realizes that Indian quality > Chinese quality. Thus they need subversive means to get rid of competitors.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I stand by my previous statements: While Yogiji government in power, Kumar in Bihar, and now Himanta-da in Assam... quickly, on war footing, land acquisition and alignment studies must occur along Delhi-Lucknow-Varanasi-Patna-Guwahati line.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I stand by my previous statements: While Yogiji government in power, Kumar in Bihar, and now Himanta-da in Assam... quickly, on war footing, land acquisition and alignment studies must occur along Delhi-Lucknow-Varanasi-Patna-Guwahati line.
Railways or hsr

Chinmoy

Country flag
If it was faulty track laying and the unions blamed India and China replaced.. it's a PR fail (what more do you expect). Indian government didn't fight hard enough. China realizes that Indian quality > Chinese quality. Thus they need subversive means to get rid of competitors.
PR involves huge indirect investment which I already mentioned. For investment you need to redirect resources for that. To redirect resources, you need to manage internal politics and industry. In our case, internal industrial sabotage is on another level.

Chinmoy

Country flag
First we need to reform our manufacturing , i have seen and felt our lhb coaches are damn heavy and put a huge load on tracks , aluminum body is need of hour , kne thing that's good is production is picking up .

Dawonsys deal with mcf rae barellie is delayed for supplying rakes , it would give us enough potential , for 140 kmph speed on existing tracks and 180+ on upgraded ones .

These heavy.steel coaches are prone to rust , lot heavier , less sturdy , less life , and slower .

Our train 18 can kick all butt if we make it on aluminum body
Train 18 is made up of Aluminum, composites and FRP.

But if you look at Indian Railway, we can't afford to make lightweight locos or coaches. By design we have to make them heavy.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

But if you look at Indian Railway, we can't afford to make lightweight locos or coaches. By design we have to make them heavy.
Why ro make heavy , and train 18 use some parts as aluminum not like korean trainsets

ladder

Country flag

Please check again. T18 is mostly stainless steel.

ladder

Country flag
After looking at the workmanship and interior aesthetics of LHB coaches, especially the sleeper variant. I have stopped asking why aren't they successful in exporting those coaches.

Technologically LHB from ICF or her sister units may be superior but the workmanship is poor.

If you really want to compare please visit YouTube and see trains in Bangladesh. They use both ICF and PT Inka ( Also LHB) coaches.

PT Inka probably uses cheaper Chinese Steel. It also probably uses cheaper bogies. As it confirms to meter gauge, the width of coach is lesser than ICF. But fit and finish is better than ICF.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
After looking at the workmanship and interior aesthetics of LHB coaches, especially the sleeper variant. I have stopped asking why aren't they successful in exporting those coaches.

Technologically LHB from ICF or her sister units may be superior but the workmanship is poor.

If you really want to compare please visit YouTube and see trains in Bangladesh. They use both ICF and PT Inka ( Also LHB) coaches.

PT Inka probably uses cheaper Chinese Steel. It also probably uses cheaper bogies. As it confirms to meter gauge, the width of coach is lesser than ICF. But fit and finish is better than ICF.
That's what i said , they are good on technical parameters ,inside outside aesthetic are not upto mark

ladder

Country flag
That's what i said , they are good on technical parameters ,inside outside aesthetic are not upto mark
Also slow in adapting. After atleast a decade of wetting and soiling the passengers' clothings with beverages and food, due to the jerk produced by CBC ( Central Buffer Coupling), IR is finally changing/ updating them with balanced draft gear, which reduces the jerk.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Also slow in adapting. After atleast a decade of wetting and soiling the passengers' clothings with beverages and food, due to the jerk produced by CBC ( Central Buffer Coupling), IR is finally changing/ updating them with balanced draft gear, which reduces the jerk.

I don't know but we don't talk about mcf and dawonsys deal , it is to tot us , it would improve our tech much better

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles