Indian Railways Multimedia

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Jul 21, 2016

The moment the news came in about the speed record which the BGKT's WDP-4 set on the Indian Railways network..by clocking 180 km/hr speed during the Mathura-Palwal trials. I was happy and dejected at the same time.. The breaking of the 160 km/hr barrier was something worth cheering,but still i was dejected as i had missed capturing this historic run through my lens.

Then came the news of another Renfe Talgo Trials which were stated to happen at 180 km/hr this time with loaded coaches.Now i had set my sight on these trials and i made sure..whatever happens..i won't miss out on these trials....!!

The moment finally arrived on the 21st July, when i finally got the chance to witness the 180 km/hr speed show by the BGKT's hunk WDP-4#20089. Even the Ministry of Railways had officially announced about the 180 run which ensured us that we didn't left empty handed.

What transpired during the 180 km/hr trials day can be seen in the video clip's narration..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Aug 6, 2016

Indian Railways Talgo train trial run ll - Mumbai Central to New Delhi.
Bgkt Wdp-4 #20089 brings the Spanish Renfe Talgo rakes and later notches and accelerates through the flooded Auranga river bridge in Valsad, Gujarat.

Indian Railways had conducted the first ever trial run for Talgo trains on the Bareilly-to-Moradabad stretch in Uttar Pradesh in May this year. The second trial run was conducted on the Palwal-to-Mathura section of the North-Central Railway.

The nine-coach Talgo train consists of two Executive Class cars, four Chair Cars, a cafeteria, a power car and a tail-end coach for staff and equipment. Shipped from Barcelona, the Talgo aluminium coaches anchored at Mumbai port on April 21.
After the successful launch of semi-high speed (160 kmph) Gatimaan Express on the Delhi-Agra route in April,
Talgo trial is being conducted as part of Indian Railway’s strategy to increase the speed of trains.

Subscribe to my channel for more videos.

Camera: Sony Hdr Cx-240e

Video © jemi1210

Rage

DFI TEAM

^ Correction to the above. The first AC local in Mumbai is plying on the Kurla suburban (Central railway) not the Harbor line.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Hey @Rage, good to see you back. How have you been? :)
I'm doing great brother. Trying to drive some good traffic to this place.

How are you doing? You and the other mods are keeping this place nice and tidy I see!

pmaitra

I'm doing great brother. Trying to drive some good traffic to this place.

How are you doing? You and the other mods are keeping this place nice and tidy I see!
Thank you Sir. I have not been that regular lately, due to stuff in life. :)

Good to see you back and be regular. :)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Jan 9, 2017
Suresh Prabhu-led Indian Railways has come up with a new prototype of luxury modular chair cars that will change the way you travel short distances. An upgraded version of the current Shatabdi and Gatimaan Express, the new general and executive class car coaches have been given a plush new feel with a host of new aircraft-like features.

pmaitra

Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala, is the only rolling stock company that makes LHB (Linke-Hofmann-Busch) coaches. This factory makes the modern high speed coaches and the double decker coaches. Recently, they delivered some LHB rakes to Bangladesh Railway.

pmaitra

New CNG powered multiple unit was made by ICF. Itis called DEMU, but should be called CNGEMU.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles