Indian Police Force

pmaitra

^^

I agree Mr. Sayare. They look more lethal (no, not that fat bellied cop trying to access his pocket; he should be sent on a pay-less holiday till he loses that tummy). Being a SWAT guy means a lot more than being able to shoot properly. :)

I would encourage every cop to hit the treadmill and stay fit, if not for their job, at least for their personal health.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@Pmatira, well Delhi Police has mix of both, Delhi police commandos are fit, i have seen then, with MP5 and AKs, these SWAT are i think even better then police commandos armed with new weapons, BPJ and hands free wireless sets.

Police all over India has to work on reaching the spot on time, specially quick reaction teams, bikes are good, Delhi police have lot of 120/150CC bikes, but you cannot expect these commandos to have BPJ which weight about 20kg (old one) on it. Regular commando of DP hate those BPJ, i have hardly seen them wearing it.

pmaitra

@Pmatira, well Delhi Police has mix of both, Delhi police commandos are fit, i have seen then, with MP5 and AKs, these SWAT are i think even better then police commandos armed with new weapons, BPJ and hands free wireless sets.

Police all over India has to work on reaching the spot on time, specially quick reaction teams, bikes are good, Delhi police have lot of 120/150CC bikes, but you cannot expect these commandos to have BPJ which weight about 20kg (old one) on it. Regular commando of DP hate those BPJ, i have hardly seen them wearing it.
You are right Mr. Sayare. Not only these people, many US army-men also complain about heavy gear.

My point was related, but specific to the idea that cops should be fit, whether commandos or not. Every constable and inspector should be able to perform reasonable levels of acrobatics, for example, jumping from a 7 foot high fence with a rifle in his hand. With training, this is not difficult.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
:yey: :yey: :yey:

Home ministry plans to modify police uniform

The conventional khaki shirt and trouser, woollen caps and archaic leather shoes don't quite make up for an attractive uniform, and so, our police force is a tad too boring to look at. But all this is set to change.

The country's police will soon get a makeover with the boring uniform giving way to a smarter and more comfortable version.

The Union home ministry has commissioned a study in which uniforms of police from across the world will be observed.

This will form the basis for modifying the uniform the Indian police wear, which was essentially designed in the pre-Independence era.

As new, more comfortable fabrics are now available and things like the leather belt and the woollen beret have lost their utility, the home ministry has decided it's time to rehash the design of the Indian police uniform.

The main idea is to make a policeman look smarter and comfortable in his uniform.

According to the objectives of the study, the new uniform should be smart and professional and convey authority as well as give a unique identity to the policeman.

"The police throughout the country should have a uniform that is comfortable, weather- friendly and has the utility features that are a requirement of the day. There will be a comparative study of police uniforms of important countries with a view to suitably modify uniforms for the Indian police and suggest a practical working uniform, for all hierarchical levels," an MHA official said.

The change will start from the top - the woollen beret cap. These caps, which are issued once a year to each policeman in the constabulary, have been found to be rather uncomfortable to wear, given the usual warm and sunny weather in the country.

They are also inconvenient when dealing with law and order situations or driving a twowheeler.

The replacement for these woollen beret caps could be baseball caps with POLICE written on them, which will not only be lightweight and offer shade, but look trendy as well. Many police forces abroad use such caps.

Another highly uncomfortable feature are the wide leather belts which come with heavy metal buckles, making them discomforting to wear over long hours. A replacement now being considered is modern nylon multi-utility belts which will do away with the metal buckles.

These light-weight belts will be multi-utility with dedicated grooves to hold on to accessories like wireless sets, mobile phones, whistles and even a weapon to increase tactical as well as operational functionality.

The fabric of the khaki shirts and trousers makes life miserable for policemen during the summer.

It is now being suggested that the police be allowed to shift to pure cotton shirts or even collared T-shirts of khaki colour, which will have concealed pockets to hold essential items. Similarly, the staid formal trousers will give way to new cargo trousers with no pleats but multiple pockets, according to a suggestion to the home ministry.

And lastly, the shoes might be changed too. They can be replaced with working tactical shoes that are sporty and light- weight. Ankle- length boots can also be used, according to a suggestion.

"The whole idea is that the new uniform should provide occupational protection. It should be suitable for tough working conditions and not hinder the policeman's performance while on duty," a senior home ministry official said.

The uniform will have to be comfortable and weather-friendly. It should also be suitable for tough working conditions.

Read more at: Home ministry plans to modify police uniform : North News - India Today

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
she is Delhi police commando. Even CISF has got ladies commandos, they are stationed at the Delhi Metro station fully armed with BPJ ready to take on terrorists. It is nice to see ladies becoming commandos and they are being deployed. It was told in one of the programme that during commando course for ladies, they are not given special treatment nor standards are lowered for them.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Nagaland Police,Dimapur police to be specific looks very well armed and sophisticated Semi-Automatic Pistol wrapped in Thigh with an Assault rifle and army styled Chest mounted Transmitters,they looks like special forces in plain olive green uniform....if some one could provide some pictures that would be great.

pmaitra

Great Punjab police the most lethal force in India

BlackWater, I think you missed my earlier post. :)

^^

I agree Mr. Sayare. They look more lethal (no, not that fat bellied cop trying to access his pocket; he should be sent on a pay-less holiday till he loses that tummy). Being a SWAT guy means a lot more than being able to shoot properly. :)

I would encourage every cop to hit the treadmill and stay fit, if not for their job, at least for their personal health.
I think these two people spend their days sitting at the table doing paperwork. I think they need to run on the treadmill, otherwise, they are indeed lethal, to their own health. They can get heart attack anytime.

This is a common phenomenon all over the country. Policemen with a big belly. They are more of a liability than an asset.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles