Indian Police Force

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Police in jharkhand , bihar are armed with assault rifles even when deployed in the town.
Atleast in my district, you can find many armed with these Bulgarian rifles near district court etc.
And sometimes even at busy chowks too.

Harbinger

कसाई
Police in jharkhand , bihar are armed with assault rifles even when deployed in the town.
Atleast in my district, you can find many armed with these Bulgarian rifles near district court etc.
And sometimes even at busy chowks too.
Yes I know have spent a good time in jharkhand when my uncle was a superintendent of police in a naxal hit district.

Harbinger

कसाई
UP police jawan with "rubber gun" these are Lee Enfield 303 conversions with shorter barrel and fire rubber pellets which are split into 3 smaller bullets, used only for crowd dispersion.
IMG_20210312_133807.jpg

Harbinger

कसाई
Special Battalion are Bihar Military Police right??
No, Bihar military police is different. Bihar has following extra forces :-
1. SAP 2. STF 3. BMP 4. ATS 5. ARB 6. SRAF 7. SB (Special Battalion)
There's also a rural police but they're only confined to rural areas in the districts

Last edited:

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
There's also a rural police but they're only confined to rural areas in the districts
Holyshite every state has different organisations and its so confusing!!
By the way what's ARB??? Does Bihar have IRBn??

Harbinger

कसाई
Holyshite every state has different organisations and its so confusing!!
By the way what's ARB??? Does Bihar have IRBn??
ARB is anti riot Battalion. Sort of anti riot police. IRB is not much prominent in bihar, they're more prominent in jharkhand.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
ARB is anti riot Battalion. Sort of anti riot police. IRB is not much prominent in bihar, they're more prominent in jharkhand.
Then what's SRAF?? I thought it's a Rapid Action Force for Riot control, pardon me if I am wrong!!

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
SRAF is state rapid action force they're for more intensive roles than ARB, arb is for softer situations.
Just one question, do these organisations like ARB, SRAF, Rural Police carry lethal weapons?? I know you have answered similar question, but can you tell me once again??

Harbinger

कसाई
Just one question, do these organisations like ARB, SRAF, Rural Police carry lethal weapons?? I know you have answered similar question, but can you tell me once again??
Rural police are like chowkidars found in up carrying batons.
ARB is for mild civil unrest where cracking some lathis and firing some shots in the air will do the job.
SRAF is made on the lines of CRPF's RAF, they're for intensive crowd control, they're also assigned bandhobast duties when there's a large crowd congregating at one place, like ghats during festivals like chath puja. They carry insas and arsenal AK rifles along with armsel strikers and tear gas launchers to launch smoke and teargas shells, they also carry 12 gauge/12 bore pump action shotguns manufactured by OFB to fire soft pellets on the crowd to disperse them, along with lathis of course.

Harbinger

कसाई
Moreover i completely forgot to add, not really a police force but still an uniformed force, Bihar also has a SDRF on the lines of crpf's ndrf

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles