Indian Police Force

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
No, Bihar military police is different. Bihar has following extra forces :-
1. SAP 2. STF 3. BMP 4. ATS 5. ARB 6. SRAF 7. SB (Special Battalion)
There's also a rural police but they're only confined to rural areas in the districts
Bhai , post more pics of Bihar military police , had seen them in bhagalpur .

apoorv465

Country flag
Any good pictures of MP Police Hawk CTG? They had Sig Sauer rifles too right?

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Harbinger

कसाई
I have lived in Sahasra for few years.
Police line was near my house .
I remember once a idiot friend of mine bought a used cartridge to school lol.
His father was in police .
He said he got that from the training ground.
He was given Dardnak margdarshan by his father.
LOL now they mount shell catchers on rifles, at least on insas and SLR, if not available then they use berets.
images - 2021-03-12T173947.564.jpeg

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
@Harbinger I've been researching the structure of Karnataka Armed Police for 3 days, all I can conclude is that they have City Armed Reserve (CAR) and District Armed Reserve (DAR) and mounted police in Mysore!!! Other than that I couldn't find a State Armed Police under Director General of Main HQ, do they have that??
Screenshot_20210313_092927.jpg

Harbinger

कसाई
@Harbinger I've been researching the structure of Karnataka Armed Police for 3 days, all I can conclude is that they have City Armed Reserve (CAR) and District Armed Reserve (DAR) and mounted police in Mysore!!! Other than that I couldn't find a State Armed Police under Director General of Main HQ, do they have that??
View attachment 81487
STF is a separate entity, that is under your state hq

Harbinger

कसाई
View attachment 81487
Moreover your CAR and DAR must report to the DGP of state, so it forms a chain of command, any police department in any state are ultimately under the DG,even their separate ADGs report to DGPs.

Harbinger

कसाई
The armed police of Karnataka are led by CAPF officer on deputation who are a part of chain of command which ultimately reports to DG. District Armed Reserve for each district. City Armed Reserve in the four commissionerates in the State namely Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad. These are your state armed police.

Harbinger

कसाई
A very similar kind of aforementioned practice is followed in naxal hit districts of Bihar and jharkhand, officers of the ranks of Deputy Commandant (DC) and 2nd in command (2ic) from CAPF usually CRPF, are sent on deputation (period of 3 years) to state police service, and they're given a rank of "Additional Superintendent of Police, OPS" they wear their original insignia but with state police badges (for example, BPS for bihar, JPS for jharkhand), they control every armed force in the district and even of the nearby districts, they can issue orders to IRB, State Military Police, STF and even the CAPF stationed in and nearby districts to conduct anti naxal operations.

Harbinger

कसाई
Yes, but STF is a commando unit, not regular force like CAR,DAR!!
I have heard about Karnataka State Reserve Police (KSRP) but I dont know they are armed or not.!!
STF works on a deputation basis, the troopers in STF are sent from normal state police for a short period of deputation, then they're sent back to their original district force.

Harbinger

कसाई
A very similar kind of aforementioned practice is followed in naxal hit districts of Bihar and jharkhand, officers of the ranks of Deputy Commandant (DC) and 2nd in command (2ic) from CAPF usually CRPF, are sent on deputation (period of 3 years) to state police service, and they're given a rank of "Additional Superintendent of Police, OPS" they wear their original insignia but with state police badges (for example, BPS for bihar, JPS for jharkhand), they control every armed force in the district and even of the nearby districts, they can issue orders to IRB, State Military Police, STF and even the CAPF stationed in and nearby districts to conduct anti naxal operations.
Also these officers are provided with amenities which are on par with state police service and IPS officers. Bungalows, 2-3 official vehicles for personal and official use along with sentries to guard their official bungalow(s).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles