Indian Police Force

Vishal reddy

Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2.... Can you please clarify this doubt I've been having for a long time... Apart from commando units of all state police, is there any armed police in all states?? And does normal police too carry any firearms??

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2.... Can you please clarify this doubt I've been having for a long time... Apart from commando units of all state police, is there any armed police in all states?? And does normal police too carry any firearms??
Yes apart from police SWAT teams there are reserved armed police units named like Indian Reserve Battalion ( IRBn ), State Reserve Police Force ( SRPF ), Armed Police etc. ( Mostly used during election duty and high alert situation ).

Yes for regular cops enough firearms are available ( Minus for home guards ) but those are either old ones or kept in armoury for long because as you know regular cops ( constables ) don't actually use guns much during active duty. INSAS will be transferred to the police just like we did with SLR & .303 in the past. That will be upgrade for our state police plus some states are buying Bulgarian AKs, local TAR/GHAATAK and Glocks for officers & other high rank cops.

Vishal reddy

Country flag
@Unknowncommando 2..Thank you

Just one more doubt,
As you said IRBn, state reserve police force and armed police, are they separate units?? Because I heard that IRBn are under Central government not state government, so Provincial armed const is Armed police under UP government, but do they also have IRBn and Reserve state police as well??? Thank you

Vishal reddy

Country flag
Can anyone confirm this.... I am getting reports that 93,000 CARACAL CAR 816 carbines are being fast procured for the Indian army.. I thought the deal was cancelled, is it true??

Harbinger

कसाई
I've never seen a side folding variant of ar-m1 family in jharkhand Police yet. This one was first ^

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles