Indian nuclear submarines

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Four is confirmed. Arihant is S2, S3 and S4 are under construction, S5 will come later. S1 is the ground based reactor.
S, it appears that S stands for submarine. Plus that land base reactor is with BARC. S1 is different sub for tech demo.

Austinjimson

Hey guys whats the status of INS Arindhaman second nuclear submarine of arihant class ??It was supposed to be launched around first quarter of this month.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
These guys are denied photography opportunities, hence they take whatever they can lay their hands on and write the article. :)
Every photo has been a fake... it is like the sub doesn't even exist.

Austinjimson

Hey guys when will INS arindaman second arihant class nuclear get started because it was supposed to have started around 1st quarter of this year???

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Every photo has been a fake... it is like the sub doesn't even exist.
What could be the reason ? It's not like Indians could come up with a world class submarine design in their first attempt.
Or this could be to hide the real number of SLBM launch tube's and the size of the sub ?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What could be the reason ? It's not like Indians could come up with a world class submarine design in their first attempt.
Or this could be to hide the real number of SLBM launch tube's and the size of the sub ?
As out of control as the Indian press is, it is hard to believe they could keep this under wraps.

ramakrishna

Hey guys when will INS arindaman second arihant class nuclear get started because it was supposed to have started around 1st quarter of this year???
Yes it was scheduled way back in Jan 2014 ( INS Arihant set for sea trials) , I think the recent Accidents make officials to confirm every thing before situations getting worse like happened earlier with few Indian SUB's

Bheeshma

I doubt they will release any details of the subs or pics till it has been in service for 6-10 years. Maybe not even then.

rohit b3

Country flag
I doubt the Submarine will ever enter service. It got critical last August and 7 months are up and it hasnt even started Sea trials. and no one complains or takes up the issue. Same regarding ever military project.

Bheeshma

No one will announce when it will go into service or start sea trials.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles