Indian nuclear submarines

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Yelling mistake happen to anybOody. As long as report is correct, it doesn't Yatter.
:hmm:

It's not your mistake How the sources writing their article

Last day NDTV article Anti ship into A2A

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Re: INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

I dont see France selling nuclear attack submarines to India....
Not directly, but we would direct you in building a reactor like Brasil.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

I dont see France selling nuclear attack submarines to India....
I also don't see Russia selling working nuclear submarines to India. Nerpa has so many broken components, IN can't even operate it.

noob101

I also don't see Russia selling working nuclear submarines to India. Nerpa has so many broken components, IN can't even operate it.
probably so...at least our scientists can learn something from it and IN can train crews on it..... that's still leagues ahead of what the French or Unikil are willing to do.....
Sure the French are "helping" us build basically a nuclear version of Scorpene but that'a still not the same

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

probably so...at least our scientists can learn something from it and IN can train crews on it..... that's still leagues ahead of what the French or Unikil are willing to do.....
Sure the French are "helping" us build basically a nuclear version of Scorpene but that'a still not the same
We are training 250 Brasilian engineers how to build submarine reactors and will provide consultancy when they run into problems. That is exactly what Russia does on Arihant. Handing you a faulty submarine isn't something we would do, nor is it something you should want.

sukhish

giving a fully nuclear submarine to any country would lead to others to also follow the same steps. no country should do that. as long as one country can help provide the some type know how and let the host country do the bulk of work that is great.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

giving a fully nuclear submarine to any country would lead to others to also follow the same steps. no country should do that. as long as one country can help provide the some type know how and let the host country do the bulk of work that is great.
I think it would be more beneficial for India to integrate with a French submarine crew. It would save us expense and give India training and experience how a professional Navy operates.

Joji

A Question

If a country sells a nuclear submarine to another country for eg US sells to India then can India armed the purchased submarine with nuclear weapons\missiles?.

Because on a leased one like INS Chakra (from Russia) we cant armed it with nukes.

pmaitra

A Question

If a country sells a nuclear submarine to another country for eg US sells to India then can India armed the purchased submarine with nuclear weapons\missiles?.

Because on a leased one like INS Chakra (from Russia) we cant armed it with nukes.
Yes, especially if the buyer is India. Even if there are clauses prohibiting such modifications, India can simply tell the world to get lost, and do whatever it wants with the sub.

Joji

Yes, especially if the buyer is India. Even if there are clauses prohibiting such modifications, India can simply tell the world to get lost, and do whatever it wants with the sub.
If this is the case than why no we buy some nuclear submarine even on higher rate than expected to complete over nuclear triad? Indigenous is a different thing we should build ourselves and be independent but in view of hostile environment which we have why we are not opting for that option? I think there must be international law or treaty to be signed that you cant armed a purchased nuclear submarine with nukes. Otherwise if we can purchase AC than why not nuke submarine? Can you\members clear my doubt? It would be a great help.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It isn't that simple. If you break an agreement like that, you will get sanctions and lose all technical assistance on the sub... which eventually breaks down.

pmaitra

If this is the case than why no we buy some nuclear submarine even on higher rate than expected to complete over nuclear triad? Indigenous is a different thing we should build ourselves and be independent but in view of hostile environment which we have why we are not opting for that option? I think there must be international law or treaty to be signed that you cant armed a purchased nuclear submarine with nukes. Otherwise if we can purchase AC than why not nuke submarine? Can you\members clear my doubt? It would be a great help.
You cannot purchase an armed sub, but you can arm a purchased sub, with nukes, i.e..

It isn't that simple. If you break an agreement like that, you will get sanctions and lose all technical assistance on the sub... which eventually breaks down.
Who is going to put sanctions on India? :lol:

We've seen sanctions before. Given the present scenario, if one country places sanctions, two others will make a beeline to sell their wares.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Who is going to put sanctions on India? :lol:
Who put sanctions on you last time? :lol:

We've seen sanctions before. Given the present scenario, if one country places sanctions, two others will make a beeline to sell their wares.
You've seen it before, and suffered arrested development because of it.

ice berg

You've been with DFI long enough to know the answer.

Yeah, and it only resulted in the sanctions being lifted and major countries' leaders (P5 except PRC) making a beeline for India. Tells you who needs whom more. :lol:
Wrong. The sanctions were lifted in the aftermatch of 9/11. When it comes to global trade, India is negligible.

Anyway this discussion is silly. Noone will sell you SSNs in the first place. To talk about sanctions, you need to have a buyer and a seller first.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You've been with DFI long enough to know the answer.
So have you, so you know well why it is a bad idea.

Yeah, and it only resulted in the sanctions being lifted and major countries' leaders (P5 except PRC) making a beeline for India. Tells you who needs whom more. :lol:
Yeah, and it will result in them making a beeline from India if it can't act responsibly. The real reason China has a weapons embargo isn't because of Tienanmen...

Articles