Indian nuclear submarines

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
Anyways while reading through the DEFEXPO special issue of the NATIONAL DEFENCE magazine i came across a few interesting things they have written about the ARIHANT
1)the surfaced displacement is 6000tonnes, that would bring the surfaced displacement close to that of an YASEN (5800Tonnes) and that of the delta CLASS(7800TONNES)
2)The reactor power is 85MW with a submerged speed of 24knots, this brings it to the same standards as the first CHAKRA i.e the Charlie class we operated in the late eighties.
Национальная оборона / Главная страница

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
Anyways while reading through the DEFEXPO special issue of the NATIONAL DEFENCE magazine i came across a few interesting things they have written about the ARIHANT
1)the surfaced displacement is 6000tonnes, that would bring the surfaced displacement close to that of an YASEN (5800Tonnes) and that of the delta CLASS(7800TONNES)
2)The reactor power is 85MW with a submerged speed of 24knots, this brings it to the same standards as the first CHAKRA i.e the Charlie class we operated in the late eighties.
Национальная оборона / Главная страница
Isn't it common knowledge that the Arihant is based on the Charlie class boat?

Adux

Country flag
Not true.

One our program didnt start when we had the Charlie class with us. It was a SSN not to mention diving planes is a dead give away

Iamanidiot

Everybody is getting orgasms that the subs arrived and Iam getting depression that the infra needed to house and service the subs is not yet ready yet.

H.A.

Everybody is getting orgasms that the subs arrived and Iam getting depression that the infra needed to house and service the subs is not yet ready yet.
They are working on it.....the necessary infrastructure is being implemented.....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
Not true.

One our program didnt start when we had the Charlie class with us. It was a SSN not to mention diving planes is a dead give away
The Charlie was with us to learn. Both to operate, and also learn about it.

sayareakd

Country flag
true but it also shows another news which is hidden in your post.........:thumb:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
when your car is not in your garage, where did you take it ??? It is not nearby, it cannot be taken to factory, because other car is assemble their.

just look closely around you, you will know.................:rolleyes:
I would think if a submarine was leaving dock to sea, someone out of the million people there would snap a photo.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
well yes, and no!
yes because anybody who looks at the ARIHANT's powerplant stats shall realize it's based on teh same or a slightly modified design, however if you look at the surfaced displacement and compare the same to similar SSBN's i.e the Delta as i have pointed out you'll find out that the ARIHANT is substantially larger and hence does not share any aspect of the external design with the Charlie!

pmaitra

How reliable are the drawings of Arihant? Nobody has been what the Arihant looks like when in the dry dock. We have only seen the tip of the ice-berg.

I would love to see Arihant pictures like this:

pmaitra

^^

Thanks!

I have seen that. I was saying whether anyone has seen photos of INS Arihant in the dry dock, not just the tip of the ice-berg. All I have seen so far are drawings.

sayareakd

Country flag
Pics or it never happened...
ok checked these public released pics and make out yourself

please pay close attention to triangle bars top of pic.

now compare these with the same bars on either side of our national flag (please zoom in the pic)

shed is same. Hope you got your pic. :rolleyes:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
ok checked these public released pics and make out yourself

please pay close attention to triangle bars top of pic.

now compare these with the same bars on either side of our national flag (please zoom in the pic)

shed is same. Hope you got your pic. :rolleyes:
The frontal side looks kind of same as the Akula. Broad and sloping. Earlier subs were more rounded.

Articles