Indian nuclear submarines

bhramos

Country flag
Please do so.

In the description please include "original video at http://vimeo.com/36416059"

Thats all, thanks..
thanks
its alright, i am doing it now, and post it here asap...

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
[video=vimeo;36416059]http://vimeo.com/36416059[/video]

Here is a short video I made..

Enjoy
Very great video.

can i upload your video to my youtube channel? i will give you back full credits and i will put anything you say in video description. please send me private message

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Who made the video???

UTK, you thief..you never told me anything for my video..down with you.

bhramos

Country flag
Very great video.

can i upload your video to my youtube channel? i will give you back full credits and i will put anything you say in video description. please send me private message
i already uploaded it, for you chk this....

Last edited by a moderator:

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Govt nod for two more Arihants
:thumb:

http://dailypioneer.com/nation/46122-govt-nod-for-two-more-arihants-.html

The Government has given a go-ahead for construction of two more nuclear-powered Arihant-class submarines in India.

The move will not only enhance the strategic reach of the Navy, but also propel India into the top league of five nations including US, Russia, France, Germany and UK which have such sophisticated platforms.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has already indigenously designed and developed the first nuclear-powered submarine Arihant, which is scheduled to go for sea trials next year.

As things stand, it was just last month that India inducted the Russian-made nuclear-powered submarine Nerpa - rechristened now as INS Chakra - into the Indian Navy. It will go a long way in helping India to build, operate and maintain the two new submarines without delays and cost overruns normally associated with such projects, sources said.

A nuclear-powered submarine can remain submerged under water for more than three months without surfacing and is very difficult to detect as its engines emit minimal signature sound and enemy aircraft and anti-submarines detection ships cannot pick up signals.

Explaining the significance of building two more submarines in the context of global security architecture, sources said here on Monday reports indicated that China is also developing its first nuclear-powered submarine.

Given the growing maritime prowess of China with its plans to build two aircraft carriers besides submarines, Indian defence establishment wants to deny Beijing an edge and allow it to pose challenge to our strategic interests in the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, sources said.

As regards the new project, they said India has already acquired the expertise in developing such complex machines while designing Arihant. In fact, Arihant, which was unveiled three years back by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, took more than 15 years of planning, design and construction thereby highlighting the complexities involved in such a project.

INS Chakra is expected to arrive in India by the end of next month. India has taken this platform on a 10-year lease for two billion dollars. This is the second time India has gone in for such an arrangement with Russia as the first submarine was acquired in 1980 for a 10-year period.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
:thumb:

The Government has given a go-ahead for construction of two more nuclear-powered Arihant-class submarines in India.

The move will not only enhance the strategic reach of the Navy, but also propel India into the top league of five nations including US, Russia, France, Germany and UK which have such sophisticated platforms.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has already indigenously designed and developed the first nuclear-powered submarine Arihant, which is scheduled to go for sea trials next year.

As things stand, it was just last month that India inducted the Russian-made nuclear-powered submarine Nerpa - rechristened now as INS Chakra - into the Indian Navy. It will go a long way in helping India to build, operate and maintain the two new submarines without delays and cost overruns normally associated with such projects, sources said.

A nuclear-powered submarine can remain submerged under water for more than three months without surfacing and is very difficult to detect as its engines emit minimal signature sound and enemy aircraft and anti-submarines detection ships cannot pick up signals.

Explaining the significance of building two more submarines in the context of global security architecture, sources said here on Monday reports indicated that China is also developing its first nuclear-powered submarine.

Given the growing maritime prowess of China with its plans to build two aircraft carriers besides submarines, Indian defence establishment wants to deny Beijing an edge and allow it to pose challenge to our strategic interests in the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, sources said.

As regards the new project, they said India has already acquired the expertise in developing such complex machines while designing Arihant. In fact, Arihant, which was unveiled three years back by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, took more than 15 years of planning, design and construction thereby highlighting the complexities involved in such a project.

INS Chakra is expected to arrive in India by the end of next month. India has taken this platform on a 10-year lease for two billion dollars. This is the second time India has gone in for such an arrangement with Russia as the first submarine was acquired in 1980 for a 10-year period.
are this 2+2 which already India is Building or 4+2 which already ordered!

sayareakd

Country flag
arihant is no.1 nuke sub for us, no.2 is under going construction at sbc, third's hull is under going construction, 4th is leases sub from russia. After chines secret nuke based is found with 094 nuke subs from china, mms has given green signal for two more but this will be boomer sub with may be 12 K-4 Launch tubes.

pmaitra

arihant is no.1 nuke sub for us, no.2 is under going construction at sbc, third's hull is under going construction, 4th is leases sub from russia. After chines secret nuke based is found with 094 nuke subs from china, mms has given green signal for two more but this will be boomer sub with may be 12 K-4 Launch tubes.
Boomer sub, you mean larger than the current Arihant class? What will it be then? Arihant II class?

H.A.

Saya, 1.5 to 2 years? Are you kidding me man? :) We are gonna launch one nuke sub every 2 years? If true, that is simply out of this world.
Yup that is true...the first one is always a problem however if once the process is set and you get the knowledge then it's mass production all the way.

However there is always a catch of funding and stability in the program.

bhramos

Country flag
Boomer sub, you mean larger than the current Arihant class? What will it be then? Arihant II class?
if these are Larger subs, they would be called as Avinash Class!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Country flag
at the rate at which they are making it, i must say it is limited production line the way they had it in russia.

Present ATV1 is baby boomer class of submarine, it was basically extended attack submarine with missile launch tube, you can say multi purpose nuke submarine. Future orders will be regular bommer, as effective, massive & stealth deterance.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Dedicated Nuclear SSN should be there too, Indian ocean is huge one need to go far and conduct operations, A surface ship operational cost is more and its not stealthy as a Sub..

Articles