Indian nuclear submarines

Varoon2

Country flag
na ..K4 was tested from INS Arihant in March 2016 itself
Interestingly, public reports of K-4 being tested in 2016, even from an underwater pontoon, are unclear! The articles, from Wikipedia or elsewhere, make it sound like any test at all of the K-4 is not 100 percent certain. So it's heartening to hear that it was tested in early 2016.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Didn't we have this capability years ago why is this news for celebration
I want to know where are the other 6 submarines what happened to them
Goi should atleast give some updates
Because, this is the first time it has been officially acknowledged of submarine launch. All previous launch were from pontoon.

As far as knowledge of other subs are concerned, these are strategic systems. You would only know about its existence. Not about its status or whereabouts. Its just like the Agni series missiles. You would know that they exists, but not about how many are there or what is their current deployment status.

So refrain from asking such questions, whose answer you would never get.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes, looking at it again....more and more it looks like an illusion due to gas pushing it out and the orientation thrusters getting lit?
While launching you would not obviously launch it at an angle. But yeah, after breaking the surface it could move at an angle.

Abdus Salem killed

Nuke subs can remain under water indefinitely. They only berth for loading up on food supplies. This means Indian SSBNs can be submerged under the arctic and fire a nuke missile on Rawalpindi, and then still remain untraced for a long, long time. For Pakistan, you cannot say whether the attack came from Russia or India. That is why without SSBNs you cannot have a full fledged nuclear triad. This is also the reason why only 6 countries in the world have SSBNs. They are the ultimate nuke delivery mechanism and cannot be pre-empted at all by any power. Those who have SSBNs rule the world. This is why no one gives a damn about North Korea or Pakistan though they have nukes, they have limited, unreliable delivery mechanisms. And cannot survive any second strike. At the end of the day there are only 6 countries that have the economic and military power to provide global security - P5+India. Others have to just align with one or more of these giants.
Turks think they will build nuke subs as well

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Turks think they will build nuke subs as well
Stupid of them if they think they can.
Nuclear subs were only possessed by great and later India struggled for decades to build one component by component. Both Brazil and Australia despite strong foreign assistances don't have realization of nuclear subs in sight for a decade at least.
It's a feat which is beyond financial capacity of Turkey and over it, it can't just assemble imported European sub components here unlike it does to drones and missiles.

Abdus Salem killed

Stupid of them if they think they can.
Nuclear subs were only possessed by great and later India struggled for decades to build one component by component. Both Brazil and Australia despite strong foreign assistances don't have realization of nuclear subs in sight for a decade at least.
It's a feat which is beyond financial capacity of Turkey and over it, it can't just assemble imported European sub components here unlike it does to drones and missiles.
On the last few days due to my health i have been taking a break i have in this time extensively read both Turkish and Arab defense forums thier delusions are insane those guys think they will build a thorium reactor in a few year when they are building 4 reactors completeoy dependant on Russian using old tech
Arabs think they can digest and improve Indian missiles with thier non existent base
Even morrocans mock us thinking they are ahead
We have to project more these countries are slaves in the long term missed the train all of them i am waiting for the day thorium becomes a viable source of energy only the Americans and the Chinese ,Russians will be left then
Even the Japs don't mock us like these islamic hellholes

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Even morrocans mock us thinking they are ahead
You can't judge a country for few fanboys. I have quite good friends in Morocco in real life. Since India and Morocco don't have any kind of political engagements, take everything with a pinch of salt.

Idiots are everywhere.
We have to project more these countries are slaves
Err We don't have to project anything about these countries.

Stop acting like a 13 years old nationalist; "He mocked my country". It should not be worthy for you what someone else thinks especially an irrelevant person from an irrelevant country.

Abdus Salem killed

You can't judge a country for few fanboys. I have quite good friends in Morocco in real life. Since India and Morocco don't have any kind of political engagements, take everything with a pinch of salt.

Idiots are everywhere.

Err We don't have to project anything about these countries.
Power projection bcs we don't participate in any war or don't try debt diplomacy these countries imagine us weak we have to change that someday

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Communication is everything
Government communication represents reality.

It doesn't matter if a 15 years old Abdul from Dhaka, online reading hadiths on ghazwat-ul-Hind, declares that Bangladesh will invade India.

We post these things on DFI only for fun. Nobody ever took them seriously.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles