Indian nuclear submarines

porky_kicker

Country flag
So you think we're looking at shape change of the widened hump towards the rear, but more or less similar size?
First I must clarify what I said is my opinion . It has to been proven beyond doubt to become a fact .

As for your question , I think the design will be overall similar to ins arihant but with minor changes wherever necessary due to the addition of another 4 silos.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think something is wrong with the pic , compare the 3 pics

1st pic
View attachment 57987

2nd pic
View attachment 57991

3rd pic
View attachment 57990

The 3rd pic is clearly arihant , note the 4 lids configuration ( while facing the bow ) and the distance from the mast for reference

Now compare 3rd pic with the 2nd and 1st pic ( both are same pics actually )

I get the feeling the no of silos is more ie 8 silos ie the SSBN labelled as arihant is not arihant. It could be arighat which was rumoured to have 8 silos and the one underneath the crane could be arindaman with 8 silos ( retrofitted with additional 4 silos half way during construction - possible reason why it came after arighat )

View attachment 57994

What do you think ?
3rd Pic is prominent, but frankly I am at lost in 2nd picture. Maybe need an eye checkup.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Second ship of Arihant class in arighat is definitely deployed in these recent ongoing conflicts. Securing our deterrent.

After INS Arihant, India’s Second Indigenous Nuclear Submarine INS Arighat Set To Enter Into Service By 2020 End
By Swarajya Staff
September 06, 2020 at 8:27 AM
The indigenous nuclear submarine will have eight launch tubes and will be armed with 12 K-15 Sagarika missiles which have a range of 750 km. It will also be able to carry up to four K-4 missiles that have a range of 3,500 km

This beast is the reason behind sleepless nights of she-jinping

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Ladies and gentlemen , my fellow bhakts, watch this from 12:16 to 12:32 minutes.

PM Modi explicitly says, " Bharat mei taiyar do adhunik pandubiya bhi corona kal me hi Nausena ko prapt hui. "

Only Vagir , a Scorpene class sub was launched at Mazgaon during this covid 19 times for outfitting work and trials. Even if I deliberately act obtuse and argue that it was a retrofitted indigenously overhauled Shishumar or Sindhugosh class, then it would still not explain the 'Bharat mei taiyar 'phrase.
Then WHAT IS THE MYSTERY MADE IN INDIA PANDUBIYA????

:megusta::megusta::cruisin2::drool::drool:

The answer lies on the east coast in Ship Building centre. So another of the b ..............r was floated out in between March 25 and now. ' Corona kal '

If I were to go by semi official authoritative sources , she would be the third in the class. 8 VLS with all the bells and whistles.An extended length sibling of .......
And according to grapevine, the third submarine was INS Arighat. The second still not revealed sub had been in Navy service for quite some time . So this new launch will be the fourth boat.

Last edited:

Arihant Roy

Country flag
INS Arighat.
So you are infering that INS Arighant which was undergoing a battery of trials till now has been commissioned .

INS Arighat was launched in a low profile event in Nov of 2017 without any publicity .

So INS Arighat underwent sea trials for three years? Sounds plausible but I reckon there's more here than meets the eye.

Modi wouldn't have declared the first operational deployment of INS Arihant in strategic deterrence patrol in Nov with much fanfare if there wasn't a second already operational submarime which would complement INS Arihant and proceed on patrol when INS Arihant has completed her patrol . Three boats is a bare minimum for maintaining a continuous at sea deterrence patrol with live nukes.
Modi wouldnt have gone public with just a single operational boomer.

So there's a lot more happening in the shadows . Only Modi , his inner circle and select Navy officials will know what's really happening . But whatever it is , it has taken India to new heights and secured her place in the comity of powerful nations .

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
So you are infering that INS Arighant which was undergoing a battery of trials till now has been commissioned . INS Arighat was launched in a low profile event in Nov of 2017 without any publicity .
2-3 years of maker- and user trials before commissioning (and iterations/fixes) aren't uncommon for an SSBN.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So you are infering that INS Arighant which was undergoing a battery of trials till now has been commissioned . INS Arighat was launched in a low profile event in Nov of 2017 without any publicity .

So INS Arighat underwent sea trials for three years? Sounds plausible but I reckon there's more here than meets the eye.

Modi wouldn't have declared the first operational deployment of INS Arihant in strategic deterrence patrol in Nov with much fanfare if there wasn't a second already operational submarime which would complement INS Arihant and proceed on patrol when INS Arihant has completed her patrol . Three boats is a bare minimum for maintaining a continuous at sea deterrence patrol with live nukes.
Modi wouldnt have gone public with just a single operational boomer.

So there's a lot more happening in the shadows . Only Modi , his inner circle and select Navy officials will know what's really happening . But whatever it is , it has taken India to new heights and secured her place in the comity of powerful nations .
If I am not wrong recently there was accident with under construction nuclear submarine in which one worker lost life. So I don't think that s4* has been launched yet.

Killbot

Country flag
If I am not wrong recently there was accident with under construction nuclear submarine in which one worker lost life. So I don't think that s4* has been launched yet.
What about S4?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles